Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
The chip in my Kangxin VF is better than my authentic DNA40s :|

It was the logo I hated on this so no logo and very cheap price, I went for it.

If it comes down to it, the 510 could probably be replaced with one from FDV I figure.

I was going to order today right after my morning check on the forum but since inswva is supposed to receive it tomorrow i figure i might as well wait. I'm not worried about the chip, more the fit and finish.

I hated the logo too which is why i never considered the first one.

Reactions: roxynoodle

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
The buy is still going for 10 more days so it would be great to get whatever feedback you can give before pulling the trigger...that being said, something tells me i'll be ordering two regardless. :)

Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow. If so, I'll give it a brief shakedown over the weekend. The full review probably won't drop for a few weeks as I have two other mods ahead of it in the queue.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have one of these in my cart just itching to buy, must wait for feedback, must wait......

I just received notice that DHL delivered my review unit. I'm not sure if I'll have time to mess with it tonight or not. Hopefully tomorrow evening.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
  • Deleted by Technonut
  • Reason: Duplicate Post..

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I just received notice that DHL delivered my review unit. I'm not sure if I'll have time to mess with it tonight or not. Hopefully tomorrow evening.

Thank you, I'm not trying to rush you, I appreciate any feedback from anyone on this mod. Also can anyone recommend a good BF RDA for single coils with this or any TC squonker?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have the mod in hand but have only spent a few minutes with it. Initial impressions: seems to be fairly well built but the door rails, squonk hole, and corners are very sharp. This mod will draw blood at some point, I imagine. It fires immediately out of sleep which is nice. I've only used it in VW mode but it works well so far. 510 is fixed but my BF'd Stumpy sits flush.

Some pics:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for posting about the device inswva.. :)

What is the bottle's capacity?

Pretty sure it's a 10ml bottle. Comes with a spare as well.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with it considering the price point. I haven't run it in TC mode yet. It's way, way better than the Geyscano I reviewed a couple of months ago.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Pretty sure it's a 10ml bottle. Comes with a spare as well.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with it considering the price point. I haven't run it in TC mode yet. It's way, way better than the Geyscano I reviewed a couple of months ago.

Thanks.. I thought it was the 10ml.. Hopefully, you can give TP mode a spin, and let us know your findings. I really enjoy using it with my Sunbox E7 DNA 40 more than I thought I would. If it works well with the Inoy, I'll have to grab one. ;)

I ended up cancelling my previous order due to Focal holding up my order well beyond the projected shipping date, but now that the logoless version is available at an even better price with the group buy, it may just work out. ;)

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Still haven't tried TC yet but have noticed some odd behavior with the board. It appears to have a "soft" sleep and a "hard" sleep. After the "soft" sleep the mod fires immediately and retains the power setting. After sitting for an extended period of time a button press is required to wake it up and another to fire... and it defaults to 60W. Not desirable behavior.

This is likely all the input I'll be able to provide until I have time to do the full review. Sorry I can't provide more input now. I have other mods ahead of it which I really need to get to.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have the Kangxin VF and it doesn't do that so I was expecting an ok chip. This is really disappointing.
Yeah,my flask doesn't do it either.The only thing mine does is very occasionally it will ask same coil or new after sitting a while,but it rarely does that either.
I was disappointed that i won't have the money for one of these until after the group buy ends,but now maybe that may a good thing,because if they are doing that after sitting,then it would continue to keep sitting.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I can't suggest to anyone they buy or don't buy this mod but I do think it's a premature conclusion to assume they all behave this way. It could be the one I received is an isolated case... or they could all suffer the same behavior. Hopefully some other feedback will trickle in from folks who may have purchased before the group buy went live.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I can't suggest to anyone they buy or don't buy this mod but I do think it's a premature conclusion to assume they all behave this way. It could be the one I received is an isolated case... or they could all suffer the same behavior. Hopefully some other feedback will trickle in from folks who may have purchased before the group buy went live.
Oh,i agree.I don't go strictly by 1 experience when choosing to buy,and i don't always let negative reviews scare me away.Perfect example is the vapor flask sqounker.When they came out,i seen alot of really bad reviews on them about leaking,hard to remove bottles,etc.,but i picked up a clone anyway,just because it was only $40,and ended up liking it enough to get a 2nd one.
I do agree though,i want to see a few more people post up just to see if it's an isolated issue or on all of them,as that would make it a deal breaker for me.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I finally received mine yesterday, sure took long enough. Anyway, I used it for the evening & while it's no REO it is a pretty nice device. As mentioned above there are some sharp corners, on my mod the lower corners on the door side & the door were the worst. I took a metal file to mine to smooth them out then covered them with black magic marker since I bought the black mod, the rest of the corners were smooth from the factory. The mod is wide for it's size but still fits in the hand (my hand at least) I'd prefer it to be a little slimmer but with the bottle size, battery & board I can't see them making it much slimmer. The width & height are nice.

I am running mine at 35W with my typical coil build of 6 wraps, 26AWG kanthal which comes out to .45, it's a very nice vape, smooth with no pulsing or anything weird. When I first filled the unit & watched the juice feed I got some leaking from the top of the bottle where the tube feeds through which left a little mess dripping down the outside of the bottle. I think that could be a concern if it makes its way to the board, I swapped the bottle top out with the spare bottle & no leaking now. When I first installed my Mephisto the 510 pin wouldn't make contact so I had to adjust the pin on the atty, no problem with this atty but might be with others. The atty sits flush but I would prefer a very slight air gap instead, ever since getting some atty rash on my brand new Snow Wolf I prefer a slight air gap. At first I got the new coil warning every couple of times I went to fire but once I adjusted the pin & cranked the atty down it has been fine. I did not find the mod switching to max 60V after sleeping, when I fired it up this morning it had the new coil message which I prefer over switching to max volts as noted above with @inswva. Hopefully I can find some time to do a TC build with some Ni200 or Ti but for now I'm happy with the performance with kanthal.

I'm headed for vacation today so I'll use it for the week, maybe when I get back I'll have a different opinion but for now I'm giving it a thumbs up. For the money it's a no brainer, the wait from FC was ridiculous though. I'm pretty sure I am done with group buys, pre-orders & waiting months for mods but besides that for someone looking to get into their first squonk box I think it's worth the money.

Reactions: dsheik

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Bummer, sorry to hear there are some switching to max watts after resting but I guess it's the luck of the draw with these cheap boxes.

I've been using mine every night & then around the house in the morning since I got it. When I wake up & fire it up it only asks if it's a new coil or not which I can deal with. I still haven't put together a TC build since I'm in vacation this week but will when I get home. I was going to give it to a friend when i got back but im liking it enough to keep it instead. Finally I haven't noticed the leaking juice since I replaced the bottle top, I also haven't had to open it up to replace the battery yet either & I've gone through almost half a bottle of juice.

The one thing I would love is if it had an adjustable 510, maybe it does & I'm missing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread