Status
Not open for further replies.

unfadeable

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Georgia
Totally agree. I can think of 3-4 things to improve in the plastic tanks alone. I predict a better made, slightly more expensive version that will virtually last forever. Better gasket, better tip, possibly stainless steel parts, and some sort of shut off valve. When a tank is on the atomizer, it is virtually and open system. It can and will leak out either through the tip or battery hole eventually if you leave it long enough. No way I'd stick this in my suit pocket and forget about it.

any tips to stop the leakage? The juices are coming out of the bottom of the atomizer and seeping through the vent holes, I seen a couple of people posts about tank leakage but non on how to prevent it. any thoughts/tips?

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
any tips to stop the leakage? The juices are coming out of the bottom of the atomizer and seeping through the vent holes, I seen a couple of people posts about tank leakage but non on how to prevent it. any thoughts/tips?

Are all your tanks leaking or just one in particular?

Make sure the flat sides of the tank are lined up with the vent holes in the atty.

Ensure that the tank is completely inserted.

I know it is pretty basic advice, but my wife had one leak and it was only because she didn't have the tank inserted all the way. Other than that, neither she nor I has had any leaks.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
For me i perfer the mega gartos, but even better is the mega atty with cart, the tank is very difficult to vape heavy, vg, liquids through, hard to drag on.....but it does work...

Xl / mega cartos rock my socks off. But I thought the atty / cart combo was like going back to the stone age - no? Dry burns, filling hassle, burnt filler etc...?

unfadeable

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Georgia
Are all your tanks leaking or just one in particular?

Make sure the flat sides of the tank are lined up with the vent holes in the atty.

Ensure that the tank is completely inserted.

I know it is pretty basic advice, but my wife had one leak and it was only because she didn't have the tank inserted all the way. Other than that, neither she nor I has had any leaks.

Yes i have the all the sides squared up, flat side to flat side curve side to curve side. I filled three tanks and all three leaked and it only leaks when I set it down after I vape. I wouldn't mind if it just leaked a little but it leaked alot and it drips down the side of the battery that is facing down. I just saw a post by somebody to take out the circular pieced cut out from the tank that got pierced, hope it works. Thanks

stacym

Aug 20, 2010
Elkton, MD
I've only had mine for a few days - but no leaks at all and using it 24/7 lol. My other ego with regular atty and cartridge always leaked.

I have another strange problem though. I'm pasting the note I sent to the supplier...

ll worked well on the first set-up. Left the other atomizer and cartridge in the box until today. Pulled out the second set today – charged it to make sure I had a full charge - and when I placed the atty and cart on it there was a lot of blinking. Thought it might be a bad battery – so took the battery off and put on the other one. It started a blinking riot as well. I remembered something about these batteries having an on-off position and to press the light 5 times in 2 secs to turn it on. Did that multiple times but the rapid fire blinking just continues. Pulled out one of my older Ego batteries and placed it on this atty – and damned if it didn’t start a blinking blast too!

So my thinking is that the atty has a problem. BTW – no vapor comes out of this atty no matter which battery I use – and it seems to cause ALL 3 batteries I’ve tested to start blinking.

Any ideas here?

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yes i have the all the sides squared up, flat side to flat side curve side to curve side. I filled three tanks and all three leaked and it only leaks when I set it down after I vape. I wouldn't mind if it just leaked a little but it leaked alot and it drips down the side of the battery that is facing down. I just saw a post by somebody to take out the circular pieced cut out from the tank that got pierced, hope it works. Thanks

Sounds like you have a faulty batch maybe?

When mine are left vertical overnight, there will be a wet film on the outside of the tanks when removed, but never once to the extent of dripping down the side of the battery, which is obviously not acceptable.

And yeah they leak a little when carrying, so no suit pockets for that, even if they're in the carry case your suit pocket will eventually smell of juice after a while. Guess one could call it a trade off between smell of smoke and smell of juice. Could just put one carrying pounch inside another tho.

shadowseed

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
TX
I had a leaking atomizer also, switched to a different one and the leak problem went away. I think that some of the atomizers are just not made correctly. Also, I do not make an effort to line up the vent holes, I just line it up so i can press the button with my thumb (each battery is a tad different), so I do not think that would be a leaking problem. I'm really glad I ordered 3 atomizers instead of 1. If I just had the 1 leaking one without another to try I probably would have just gone back to cartomizers.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So my thinking is that the atty has a problem. BTW – no vapor comes out of this atty no matter which battery I use – and it seems to cause ALL 3 batteries I’ve tested to start blinking.

Any ideas here?

Do you have a multimeter? You could check your atty. Sounds like a dud, though. Have you tried using something else on your batteries, like your old atties or cartos? Do they work? If your eGo-t atty shorted, don't put it back on your batts, it will kill them all. Trust me.

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado

QUOTE]You learn something everyday on this forum. I didn't know this. Mine has never leaked but the flavor is somewhat muted. But overall I do love the new Tank system regardless and hope that there will be a mod to improve on flavor.

stacym

Aug 20, 2010
Elkton, MD
As far as flavor goes - I've only had my Ego-T a few days - but ordered juice at the same time with extra flavor. They taste great - even without steeping. I'm sure they will get better with age. I should try the extra flavor juice out on the old attys now just to compare. But no flavor complaints here. It's beautiful not to have a bottle of juice and constantly topping up.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
All my batteries worked earlier today with a different atty. I did put the weird atty on 2 other batteries - and they started to misbehave too! Man I hope I didn't blow out my other batteries...
Good thing you have another atomizer.

It sounds like your atty has a short. Your batteries are probably fine but I wouldn't push your luck. Return and replace the bad atty if you can.

If you can't try taking it apart. It's kind of interesting under that needle plate and you have a spare wick if your others give you trouble. The needle plate can be removed by yanking the piercing spike with needle nose plyers. You could use that plate with the wick sticking out in another tank atty later if the need arises.

My 1000 ego batteries will blink if I hold the button down too long while I am vaping. If the atty is really hot it starts blinking even sooner. I think there is protection in eGo batteries, at least the new ones I have from Cignot.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Just to follow up to saga of my eGo-T atty troubles- I now have 3 atomizers in working order.

Got my silca rope (shipping was $4, rope about $4/ft, but they sent 19 inches-450 year supply). Seems to be exact stuff as original wick. Made an iteration of wicks of different thicknesses for my dissected atty to replace my messed up one. Fine line from burning atty (boy is that nasty, sympathy to anyone they gets one that doesn't wick) to leaking atty.

The wick I have in it now works with 80/20 juice and takes two priming puffs to get it going and it doesn't leak if I leave it sitting on my desk for 2 hours. I may try to make a VG version wick another day.

The needle plate goes in and out no problem and stays put. I'll probably be regularly fixing wicks on all three of my tank attys if they give me trouble.

eGo-T atomizers are not my favorite with it's muted flavors and leak potential, but I have mine working. Worse case, I'll pull the needle plates and use them as bridgeless dripping attys.

If anyone else tries this I recommend priming the bottom of a new wick heavily with VG before you reinstall the plate to start them off. It provides extra vapor encouragement to get you going.:vapor::vapor::vapor:

Cheers

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
Ok I have been using my tank for close to 3 weeks now. I have to say I have had no leaks at all. Today When I went to fill my tank I noticed that my liquid which is a clear pale gold. Pure Cig with menthol 30mg 50/50, was a dark brown in the bottom of the tank. Does the atty need cleaning? Is this normal? I haven't noticed a change in vapor or taste. Should I be rinsing out the tanks between fillings?

Last edited:

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Just to follow up to saga of my eGo-T atty troubles- I now have 3 atomizers in working order.

Got my silca rope (shipping was $4, rope about $4/ft, but they sent 19 inches-450 year supply). Seems to be exact stuff as original wick. Made an iteration of wicks of different thicknesses for my dissected atty to replace my messed up one. Fine line from burning atty (boy is that nasty, sympathy to anyone they gets one that doesn't wick) to leaking atty.

. . . .

If anyone else tries this I recommend priming the bottom of a new wick heavily with VG before you reinstall the plate to start them off. It provides extra vapor encouragement to get you going.:vapor::vapor::vapor:

Cheers

Good to hear. Wish there was somewhere around here to get some wick from. They really are putting in a small and flimsy wick in these. A few questions on the replacements if you don't mind.

* When you put the new wick in how much (length) is below the plate. Does this just make contact with the coil or does it lie all over it, or past it for that matter.

* Did you put any foil or the original mesh on the new wick.

* Which direction do you replace the (spike) plate. Flat sides opposite the coil or parallel with the coil.

* Do you think double flavouring should be the new 'norm' for the eGo-T, considering a lot of people are remarking on muted flavours, which in comparison to a fully functioning CE2 I must agree with. You can always dilute them a little if they're too strong.

Look forward to your reply. Thanks again. :)

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

This was my problem the first day. Haven't had a single leak since.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ok I have been using my tank for close to 3 weeks now. I have to say I have had no leaks at all. Today When I went to fill my tank I noticed that my liquid which is a clear pale gold. Pure Cig with menthol 30mg 50/50, was a dark brown in the bottom of the tank. Does the atty need cleaning? Is this normal? I haven't noticed a change in vapor or taste. Should I be rinsing out the tanks between fillings?

Yes, it's normal but not desirable. I clean my atties at least twice a week, using different methods. The dark juices in the bottom of your tank need to be evacuated. You don't want to vape that crud. After three weeks, your atties are overdue for regular cleaning (you know, vodka, boiling distilled water, drying and dry burning). However, I also do a quick PG flush or vape a tank or two of unflavored (just PG or PG/VG mix) to keep things clean in between major cleanings. Here's an interesting thread started by LGD that describes his ingenious technique. Works for me. Vape your unflavored (with or without inhaling) until the juice in your tank runs clear. Simple and effective. Thanks, LGD!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...or-utilizing-your-cleaning-method-choice.html

stacym

Aug 20, 2010
Elkton, MD
I may be crazy - but I only clean an atty when it gets to the point I can't draw on it anymore. I think I actually like my atty's somewhat on the old and crusty side. The juice just seems so rich and flavorful. Then it soon gets to a point that I can't get enough vapor and have to throw it out or clean it. Once I clean them they certainly get better for a time - but go downhill a lot faster it seems.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I may be crazy - but I only clean an atty when it gets to the point I can't draw on it anymore. I think I actually like my atty's somewhat on the old and crusty side. The juice just seems so rich and flavorful. Then it soon gets to a point that I can't get enough vapor and have to throw it out or clean it. Once I clean them they certainly get better for a time - but go downhill a lot faster it seems.

Interesting. I've heard that before. I just hate that brown liquid gunk...

Have you tried vaping some unflavored to get rid of the nasties?

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
@Katya.. you are most welcome.. and thanks for the mention...

I also added a new 'technique' that I recently tried that seems to work for me,, I will share it here as well, just in case some are interested in different methods and want's to give it a whirl.

OK UPDATE: New Method that seems to work (for me that is) this is a built from my original mentioned method and the reevaluation of the "wetburn"

1. take the tank out of the ego-T atty
2. drip 7-8 drops of straight PG
3. activate the ego battery and after a second or two tilt the device upside down and shake over something to catch the drips (still holding button till cut off or louder sizzle is heard)
4. if louder sizzle isn't heard reactivate the button.. NOTE you have to beable to know the difference between a flooded atty activated and a dry atty being activated sounds as not to reach a dry burn state.

5. repeat steps 1-4 one more time if your atty is real gunked up.
6. take atty off of device and blow from connector end out.

disclaimer: this may be not be advisable for the first time user, for one needs to know how an atty works at different stages of it's life. This also might not be everyones preferred method. Performed at user's risk :D

LGD

It's odd quoting myself.. :p

LGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread