Status
Not open for further replies.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Has anyone figured out why the unused juice turns so dark? I thought it was due to a dirty atty, but I just got 2 new attys, loaded one up, vaped for 1 day, and now the juice gets dark at the empty tank stage. Are we gonna have to clean these daily? I only use good, clean, clear liquid, pg, to be exact. I hate to say it, but I'm not overly impressed yet. rsmith76

Juice gets dark from the heat the atomizer produces. Take a little bit of juice and leave it out in the sun for a bit and let it heat up. It will get dark pretty quick.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
I found out the hard way about juice getting dark with heat back at the end of summer i left a bottle of juice in my car. It was a tan see threw color. About 3 or 4 hours later i was looking for that flavor juice and found it in the car it had got so dark you couldn't see threw it anymore. Being in the Arizona desert i guess my car would get hotter then most but the heat for sure made it darker in a somewhat sort amount of time.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
I seem to have problems with the tanks keeping up with me. I taste dry burning atty far too often even with a full tank. Anyone else seeing this or have any solutions? I already remove the chad and I'm not leaking anywhere.

Could be thick juice how much VG is in it. They recommend a 70pg /30 vg juice to be used. A lot of users dont seem to have problems with 50/50 juice. I mix mine at 50/50 and it seems to wick fine for me. Every once in awhile i will get a dry hit. If you hit the PV with it off a couple good times it fixes it. The vacuum created helps them wick.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
My juice is definitely turning darker when I used these, why plastic ? seems to me there making these from plastic only to save money and profit. If these where made from a stainless steel these tanks would be much better, no plastic taste would be had, safer vape, better tasting vape, all around a better product. yes, they would cost more, but it would be buy once and done and re-clean when you wish, I understand you can do that with plastic too but the stainless steel would be a much superior material to build this product from. plastic is the cheap way in my opinion and its done for a reason ( resales only, and profit) why would they make a proprietary Atty and a tank out of plastic that rubs up against and touches the heating element, ( no good ) again my opinion only but I taste the plastic and again I say if they where made from a stainless steel or even possibly an anodized metal these things could be very good, exceptionally good.!!!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Juice gets dark from the heat the atomizer produces. Take a little bit of juice and leave it out in the sun for a bit and let it heat up. It will get dark pretty quick.

I think you're right. I've seen dark juices coming out of my cartos also. When that happens, I either do a PG flush, if the carto is still performing well, or just throw it out and get a new one. Cartomizers are disposable and I don't care about cleaning them.

It's either the heating process that darkens the juices or, possibly, some of the gunk accumulated on the coil is being dissolved in the PG and staining the juice. Or a combination of both.

dreamer728

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
New England
My juice is definitely turning darker when I used these, why plastic ? seems to me there making these from plastic only to save money and profit. If these where made from a stainless steel these tanks would be much better, no plastic taste would be had, safer vape, better tasting vape, all around a better product. yes, they would cost more, but it would be buy once and done and re-clean when you wish, I understand you can do that with plastic too but the stainless steel would be a much superior material to build this product from. plastic is the cheap way in my opinion and its done for a reason ( resales only, and profit) why would they make a proprietary Atty and a tank out of plastic that rubs up against and touches the heating element, ( no good ) again my opinion only but I taste the plastic and again I say if they where made from a stainless steel or even possibly an anodized metal these things could be very good, exceptionally good.!!!!

i'd actually like to see glass tanks - something sturdy that won't break if you drop it but still see thru - but the manufacturers want the tanks to be disposable to make more money off us :)

Juppers

Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Lexington, KY
Could be thick juice how much VG is in it. They recommend a 70pg /30 vg juice to be used. A lot of users dont seem to have problems with 50/50 juice. I mix mine at 50/50 and it seems to wick fine for me. Every once in awhile i will get a dry hit. If you hit the PV with it off a couple good times it fixes it. The vacuum created helps them wick.

This juice is pretty thin, 80/20 or 70/30 tops. Hitting it with it off helps a little, and hitting it after I let go of the button helps a little, as long as I hit it light. I may go try the map tank or storm tank next. I love how warm the CE2s hit.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
i'd actually like to see glass tanks - something sturdy that won't break if you drop it but still see thru - but the manufacturers want the tanks to be disposable to make more money off us :)

OH I have to totally agree with this, a pyrex Ego-T would be excellent dreamer728 EXCELLENT, I really wish these companies would use this material to make tanks, I'm hoping they do big time. Plastic just isn't where it's at for this system and quality over quantity would be nice to see a manufacturer think about for once instead of all this cheap stuff they put out

mary_d

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Indiana
www.parkesvaping.com
So I've read this entire thread and there are more than a few different people saying the CE2 is better. Is this true as far as flavor and TH? I love my Ego-t but am willing to try something else and see for myself. I am tried of messing with the wicks in these things!!!

Everyone is different but IMO the CE2 is way better than the Ego-t. I have had both for a while now and I still try to use my Ego-t every now and then but it just doesn't come close to the CE2 and it not as enjoyable at all to me :(.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
I'm running about 5 different Maptanks and I also have the Ego-T tanks, the CE2 in my Maptanks is a much better vape in my opinion then the Ego-T. I also think this Ego-T system will show some improvements in a little time, I say they make a bigger tank that will hold 3ML's of liquid and make some small adjustments to the Atty and these plastic tanks, if they do it could get interesting for sure. The plastic has got to go in my opinion with the Ego-T simply because it can be tasted in my opinion and that's no good and if changed to a stainless or something like pyrex it would be a much beter tasting vape, plus there is plenty of room to build it so it holds much more fluid, until then, it's CE2's in the maptanks and dripping into Atty with the vapemate.! They will step this up and make it better, gotta give them some time, its gonna happen!!!!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Everyone is different but IMO the CE2 is way better than the Ego-t. I have had both for a while now and I still try to use my Ego-t every now and then but it just doesn't come close to the CE2 and it not as enjoyable at all to me :(.

For me it has been just the opposite. Compared to the eGo-T, the ce2's taste burnt, harsh, and way too hot. The T has brought back the enjoyable flavors of my juice again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread