Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been pleased with the tank in the flavor dept. I get pleanty of vape but for some reason no flavor even with the stronger juices. I did a test with a tank that has been tricked out so to speak, and still not satisified. I am not a picky vaper by no means but. I have version 1 and 2. Pushed the wick down, primed til I am dizzy. Next will be to pull out the whole wick and try that mod. I pulled out one of my older cartomizers and wow, big vape and tons of flavor. I am glad I did not toss them. I have not given up on these yet, and belive it to be a good system on the surface but something is just not right. I will figure it out or just go back to the cartos. I was happy with them so all is not lost. In theory the tank is great, just got to get it to deliver on the flavor. Seems easy enough.... right?

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
bmwjen...They aren't broken...mine did that right off the bat too until I realized the hole in the cart was barely pierced and I had to poke it open more so that 'chad' wasn't blocking the hole. Then when I wasn't real satisifed with the flavor and hit after a couple days, I took my same trusty paper clip and poked the wick down into the spike hole just a tad and that seemed to help too. Good luck! I'm really enjoying mine!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Hi all!

I just got my ego t a few hours ago. I read this thread before I purchased it, and just now for a 2nd time.
opened the box, blew out the attys, filled cart with FSUSA hypnotic mist 24mg (I think it's 50/50),pushed the cart on to pierce it, took some dry hits like this thread suggested, and I get dry nasty burn taste with vapor. YUCK! Tried a different cart with banana cream (again FSUSA, I think 50/50), pierced the cart, and STILL the nasty burn taste with good plume of smoke. So mad I wanted to cry. Both of these flavors are super strong & satisfying in my 510.

So, I tried the other stock atty with the banana cream. I don't get the nasty burn taste, but I don't get the heavy banana taste either. It just tastes "a tiny bit sweet".

I've got a few questions that I hope you can help me out with,

1. So, is my first kit atty jacked up straight outta the box? I'm too scared to mess with pushing the inside down, etc.

2. I've read that a 70/30 mix is best, but what juice & vendor can produce this, along with a STRONG juice taste? I like hypnotic mist, vanilla, banana, hopscotch, mojito, raspberry, strawberry cheesecake, smores & snickerz. (I've read not to use darker juices, so I guess that leaves out smores, snickerz & strawberry cheesecake)

omg, just picked up the ego t (the one where I thought everything was working) to hit it & I get the nasty burnt taste................ & it's totally filled with banana cream.

I'm sad, sorta frustrated, & need help. I really thought this would help me, so that I wouldn't have to mess with carts, or dripping. Any of your help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think you boo-boo'd with blowing out the attys... I've used over four T attys and not yet have I blown one out and there's been no nasty 'primer' in any of mine... so, my observations have been these T Attys need to be thoroughly 'wet' and well primed (and they come that way) or they will burn. So, blow them out again... to get the burnt stuff out... then, carefully 'drip' directly into the atomizer and refill it.... I don't know how many 'drips' that would be but I'm guessing it's gonna be a few.... re-insert the cart - do a few long (but gentle) 'primer' puffs before activating the 'power' button and see if this fixes it. Let me know if this helps.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
bmwjen...They aren't broken...mine did that right off the bat too until I realized the hole in the cart was barely pierced and I had to poke it open more so that 'chad' wasn't blocking the hole. Then when I wasn't real satisifed with the flavor and hit after a couple days, I took my same trusty paper clip and poked the wick down into the spike hole just a tad and that seemed to help too. Good luck! I'm really enjoying mine!

This is a possibility also.. you have to be 'certain' the Atty pierces the juice tanks... you can tell if this happened or not by removing the cart and looking. You'll easily be able to 'see' the hole in the end of the cart.. if not, re-insert the cart and press (gently) but firmly until you hear the 'snap'..

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I think you boo-boo'd with blowing out the attys... I've used over four T attys and not yet have I blown one out and there's been no nasty 'primer' in any of mine... so, my observations have been these T Attys need to be thoroughly 'wet' and well primed (and they come that way) or they will burn. So, blow them out again... to get the burnt stuff out... then, carefully 'drip' directly into the atomizer and refill it.... I don't know how many 'drips' that would be but I'm guessing it's gonna be a few.... re-insert the cart - do a few long (but gentle) 'primer' puffs before activating the 'power' button and see if this fixes it. Let me know if this helps.

My have come soaked in primer. I do blow them out, however, when using an atty for the first time I let it sit for a bit after inserting a filled tank to allow the wick to fully saturate. I have had zero issues and a very good experience so far.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Well it only cost me 20.00 for trying them but I find the mega attys to be much better on the eGo and less hassle. It wasn't as bad as the 120.00 I spent trying the VV Buzz that doesn't work any longer and is just sitting on my desk. I will stick with 801 attys on my mods and mega attys on my eGos. At least I'm learning and didn't buy a big supply of them like I did buying all the different cartomizers that are just laying in a box and will probably never be used. It is fun trying different setups though and at least I tried them and now have my own opinion.

Juppers

Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Lexington, KY
Got mine and it was horrible burnt taste. Pushed the wick down a tiny bit and no more burning taste, but it leaks like mad out the battery end. Until they get the QC under control on correct and sustainable wick placement, these are going to be a crapshoot.

As for making sure the chad is clear, the easiest way is to just rotate the cart 180 degrees after you pierce it. If you don't, the angle of the connected chad will line up with the angle of the needle tip causing a blockage. By rotating it 180 out you move the attached chad to the tall side of the needle point where it can't cause a blockage.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Thank you everyone! I opened a new cart, put in the only 70/30 I have (gourmet vapors fruit medley that I picked up in the classifieds here). It's a dark color, but that cart spiked PERFECTLY! it vapes perfectly, works perfectly, no leaks.

Jennie O & Blondeambition3, you are sooooooo right! I looked at the other carts, and sure enough, the plastic wasn't spiked right, still plastic on there. So, I took an 18 guage needle, and popped the rest of the plastic out. once again, PERFECT!!!
These carts DO need rotated 180, or even 360 degrees, and i'm sure that that would take care of the cart being spiked to the point of getting the plastic totally out.

Elendil My attys were like yours, totally soaked coming right out of the package. I think it's a great idea to let them sit with the cart on the atty for a while to prime. Excellent idea!

NoMoZippo
Agreed! I'm not giving up on these either! Once I got that fruit medley going, it was fabulous (even though it's a dark colored juice)

~sorta OT~ Just ordered another kit for my mom. She was still occasionally using the 401 that we picked up "buy 1 get 1 free kit" at a flea market 2 years ago. I let her use my 510 the other day, and she's only smoked 2 real cigs since. She is also in the medical field, so she stuffed the manual 510 in her bra while at work, and then when she pulled it out, the battery was dead..........so she pulled out some cigarettes. I showed her the little safety feature on the tank, and showed her how she'd no longer have to refill carts & she was sold.

just wanted to say that I love ya'll! Thank you for your help! Stopping smoking IS the best thing you can do for your health & I'm proud of each and every one of you!!!

I'm off to spend some hard earned cash on 80/20 or 70/30 juices!!!!

Last edited:

LastoftheBreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Oregon, USA
Seriously folks. I promise you that if you clean the atty in a coffee cup filled with boiling water, stir it around good for 10 or 15 minutes, making sure you move the atty around to get all the air bubbles out, take it out and let it dry over night....you WILL NOT HAVE THAT BURNT TASTE. I actually do mine twice. Fill cup, place atty, stir for 10 min, remove, rinse out cup, pour in more boiling water, replace atty, stir for 10 min again, let dry over night.

As far as the "chad" is concerned, try putting the EMPTY tank on the atty all the way until seated, spin it around, pull out, removed the little end cap that is now pierced, remove the chad with a pair of tweezers, then either fill and replace end cap, or replace end cap and fill with syringe. I have done this to 3 tanks, and 2 attys (both working good with NO mod). I have no leaks, no nasty taste, good vaper, good flavor, and a tank lasts 5-6 hours.

When I first got my tank in the mail I DID just throw it together and use it without cleaning the atty as described...the taste was AWFUL, the vapor was minimal, and the TH burned like fire. After cleaning, and prepping properly, I couldn't be happier.

Volcano has a good video in their how-to section on how to clean the tank attys and prep the tanks if that helps.

Is there a tutorial somewhere for replacing the wick in the tank atomizers? I can not seem to find such an animal so if you know of one or could share the diy information including where to buy wicking material that works in these beasts, I would greatly apreciate it! I am sure there are others who will benefit from this knowledge too. Happy Vaping to All!

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
What is the other insert in the tanks you guys are talking about? After i pop off the mouthpeice, I removed the immediate insert, the one that looks pretty much identical to the mouthpiece. Other than that there is a small piece down in there but it looks fused to the tank, I broke a tank a few minutes ago messin with it. Help?

There are only two removeable parts on the tank mouthpiece. The first being the outer mouthpiece part and then the baffle below it. The rest of the mouthpiece is one part. I have removed all of the baffles on the tanks that I am currently using without any bad side affects. On the plus side, the tanks do not seem to get nearly as moist as they were before and I think the flavor and draw both increased. I still keep the outer tip cover to hopefully keep lint etc from entering the airways.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Yea I think I'll just try it with the baffle removed. I'm sure I'd get all kinds of gunk in the tank without the mouthpiece. Prob is I'm so sick and congested right now I havent been able to taste any of juices for over a week, so who knmows if I'll notice a difference. A warmer vape would be nice though.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Sorry to be a pain, but I'm not seeing another piece once the cap is removed. Is it at the top underneath the cap or is it down in the bottom of the juice reservoir? Maybe some pics would help a bit. Once again, sorry to be a pain, but the mention of better flavor has got me excited, lol.

They are talking about the mouthpiece end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread