Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Keith, I do not have a pic. Once you pop the end of the mouthpiece off, there should be another part just below it with a hole in it. The hole is probably the same size as the one in the outer piece you first removed. One that piece is out, you can see the air channels that run down both sides. A paperclip works for removing both of the parts. Both of these parts are small. I hope you did not remove the whole mouthpiece from the tank did you? I suppose that could be done but I have never tried it and no need to do that.

keitht253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Morgantown, WV
Sorry Keith, I do not have a pic. Once you pop the end of the mouthpiece off, there should be another part just below it with a hole in it. The hole is probably the same size as the one in the outer piece you first removed. One that piece is out, you can see the air channels that run down both sides. A paperclip works for removing both of the parts. Both of these parts are small. I hope you did not remove the whole mouthpiece from the tank did you? I suppose that could be done but I have never tried it and no need to do that.

... oh ok, got it. Didn't realize you were talking about the mouth end. Took the first outer part out, which I didn't expect to be removable, and then I saw the inner piece and was able to take that out too. Didn't realize at all that these came out but I got them. Seems taking them out does help a bit after all.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
FWIW, here's my take on the flavor issue. I've tried probably 10 flavors, all of which I am familiar with. They are also all DIY so they are custom made to MY particular taste. Some come through loud and clear, others are barely there.

What I've noticed is that "lighter" (and I don't mean the color) flavors are prominent while what I would describe as "darker" flavors are much more muted.

Darker flavors in my mind are things like coffees, caramels..."richer" tasting things.

Lighter flavors are "bright" and lean more toward the fruit spectrum.

I'm curious as to if others are experiencing the same.

I'm with you. I really wanted these to be the "end-all" for me, but because I tend to prefer tobacco flavors with subtle tones, the tank just doesn't cut it for me. My wife, on the other hand, who is a Dekang menthol nut, loves the tank. After 18 months of filling cartos of menthol for her, the tank has finally rescued me from menthol hell. :)

I don't think the baffles are needed at all with the tank. They were and are in the standard fluval type cartridges and probably serve a better purpose on those to keep the juice from getting in your mouth to a degree. You will find that the condensation on the outside of your tank to be almost nonexistant once the baffle is removed and as I have found that the flavor and draw is slightly better too.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Seriously folks. I promise you that if you clean the atty in a coffee cup filled with boiling water, stir it around good for 10 or 15 minutes, making sure you move the atty around to get all the air bubbles out, take it out and let it dry over night....you WILL NOT HAVE THAT BURNT TASTE. I actually do mine twice. Fill cup, place atty, stir for 10 min, remove, rinse out cup, pour in more boiling water, replace atty, stir for 10 min again, let dry over night.

As far as the "chad" is concerned, try putting the EMPTY tank on the atty all the way until seated, spin it around, pull out, removed the little end cap that is now pierced, remove the chad with a pair of tweezers, then either fill and replace end cap, or replace end cap and fill with syringe. I have done this to 3 tanks, and 2 attys (both working good with NO mod). I have no leaks, no nasty taste, good vaper, good flavor, and a tank lasts 5-6 hours.

When I first got my tank in the mail I DID just throw it together and use it without cleaning the atty as described...the taste was AWFUL, the vapor was minimal, and the TH burned like fire. After cleaning, and prepping properly, I couldn't be happier.

Volcano has a good video in their how-to section on how to clean the tank attys and prep the tanks if that helps.

I'm convinced..... LastoftheBreed .... Thanks.. I'm going to try this.... :thumbs:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Hey, had my tank for about 10 days now, and to be honest, I'm disappointed. I've gone through 2 atty's already, but that's onyl part of the issue.

Started to use a new atty today, and after about 5hours of vaping it started to have that burn taste.. really nasty. So I used my 'older' atty which has been working fine, and it seemed to have that same burned taste...

Opened another new atty and everything is fine now (same juice)... But for how long?..... At this rate I'm going through 2 attys a week..
I have 5 more attys and I will def keep an eye on how long they will last, but reading this thread it is clear the tank system has issues.

So my next question is about an alternative.. I'm new to vaping, but am 100% confident I can use ANY PV out there. Matter of fact, I want the best PV there is.. I'm sure there is something better than the Tank or am I wrong? Should I just order a Revo/eGo? Like I've said I'm a little disappointed and don't want to stop vaping. But the burnt taste I got today totally grossed me out...

KISSfn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2008
Rowlett, Texas
Got my eGo-T Thursday at 2 p.m. and I still love it! I know it's still early but it seems some people are having issues right out of the box. No problems at all. First battery still working on first charge. Still on first tank waiting for vapor to drop off but it's still going strong. I did not blow the primer out of either atty and the flavor is fine. Did not rotate tank after initial puncture. Have kept the channels of the tank aligned to open areas of atty plate. Let the tank sit for a little while before first vape to prime atty. Hoping my luck continues.

Toulouse

Feb 6, 2011
New Orleans
Hey, had my tank for about 10 days now, and to be honest, I'm disappointed. I've gone through 2 atty's already, but that's onyl part of the issue.

Started to use a new atty today, and after about 5hours of vaping it started to have that burn taste.. really nasty. So I used my 'older' atty which has been working fine, and it seemed to have that same burned taste...

Opened another new atty and everything is fine now (same juice)... But for how long?..... At this rate I'm going through 2 attys a week..
I have 5 more attys and I will def keep an eye on how long they will last, but reading this thread it is clear the tank system has issues.

So my next question is about an alternative.. I'm new to vaping, but am 100% confident I can use ANY PV out there. Matter of fact, I want the best PV there is.. I'm sure there is something better than the Tank or am I wrong? Should I just order a Revo/eGo? Like I've said I'm a little disappointed and don't want to stop vaping. But the burnt taste I got today totally grossed me out...

I was in the same boat as you. The eGo-T was my first PV and I decided to set it aside and let it evolve. Ordered a GoGo and just got it in the mail today. I'm absolutely loving it. Check it out.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I was in the same boat as you. The eGo-T was my first PV and I decided to set it aside and let it evolve. Ordered a GoGo and just got it in the mail today. I'm absolutely loving it. Check it out.

What's a GoGo?... I googled it and it looks like an eGo to me... can you send a link to the one your purchased?

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland

I just ordered the 510 MAP-Tank E2 Mod 2.8ohm from Clouds of Vapor.. Still trying to figure out what all I need for it.. But for that price I can't go wrong.. The other mods (Journeyman and Phidias and such are over $100..)

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
Mine are performing well as far as I'm concerned, good flavor, nice amount of vapor, no leaks...I did just do a boiling distilled water soak on my atties, blew them out and they are drying for the night. I did take out the second inner mouth piece on one of the tanks which was easy, anxious to see if there's a difference in anything. I really haven't noticed a burnt or plasticy taste.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
have just caught up on last few pages..........
& whoever asked about replacing wick "how to's"
I think they started talking about it at about page 147 or so ....
I started asking on pg 149.....so go back & start reading around there ..........

good luck ! , I am on my 2nd wick fix,
1st one did not have enough wick I guess,worked great for day or so...then It got sucked down into atty & INSTANT LEAK !
So I took it apart & tried again this time I think I got too much wick :facepalm: I omitted mesh bead (just used wick) & draw is way tighter & just not doing much,vapor & flavor wise, atty is getting hot too (usually a sign of dry atty).......So maybe 3rd time will be better........

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
it's been about 2 weeks since i got my ego tank/carts. found that all flavors except my cinnamon pear/fire and ice etc, are VERY muted. even the delicious Kick Bass Vapor jooses.
but other than that, it has worked great. except all of the sudden tonite, in middle of vaping one of my carts (it was probably about half full), my hand is greasy, full of juice-it's as if the whole cart sprung a leak somehow and i lost all of the juice in the cart. have no idea how it happened. has anyone else experienced this? why did it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread