Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Indiana, USA
...I put 3 drops into the battery end...of the atomizer and the atty I said tasted burned now tastes ok. ... .just make sure NOT to spill any.. you want to get it right into the hole.. it will absorb the fluid..

Well done IsaacClarke. I've done this between juices, after blowing and tissue-drying. I dropped 3 on the battery end hole of the atty, it sucks it right down in there (and likely getting into the outer, mesh basket better). I let it set (battery end up, without the tank), dried the battery end (a tiny bit remained on the surface of the atty post), dried, battery connected, fresh different juice tank connected, let it set upright for a minute, couple primer puffs, and...really good juice-switch technique.

Although this new juice was pretty rich and dark, I think this is a good method for a "field" switch from one juice to another.

Thanks.

X-Factor

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Pennsylvania
I suppose it would depend on the manufacturer. The 510 just designates the thread size, so while a small 510 battery might be lessser, the Riva has a 650 (or maybe it's 750) mah, which is pretty big compared to an 808 style. It's a "fat bat", as some people call them. The common 510 batteries are the "ego" size these days, which is not small, in any sense of the word. My Riva measures 4.2 volts at a full charge, if that helps. You can test your 808 voltage if you have a multimeter laying around, to compare.

Blade,

My 808 is a 4.2 volt. I can get an adapter from Good Prophet for about a buck to make it accept the 510 connection. Have you tried this system on your 4.2 volt? Does it work well, like good vapor throat hit etc...? You know.

I'm primarily looking to find a better solution to the cartomizers I'm currently using. I don't like cartos mediocre vapor and other inconsistencies. i also hate that i can't tell the fluid level and have to worry about scorched batting material.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
The voltage of a fully charged 808, 510, and eGo battery is going to be approximately equal. What you are getting is a significantly longer battery life with the eGo/Riva battery. The 808 battery with an adapter will work fine on the tank atty, so long as you have a lot of them.

X-Factor

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Pennsylvania
The voltage of a fully charged 808, 510, and eGo battery is going to be approximately equal. What you are getting is a significantly longer battery life with the eGo/Riva battery. The 808 battery with an adapter will work fine on the tank atty, so long as you have a lot of them.

Thank you, Elendil. I get what you guys mean now. The longer charge life of a physically, bigger battery is also a consideration here.

I do however, have a 5 volt, 808 pass-thru. using this pass-thru would this tank atomizer give me more vapor and consistency than these cartos?

Last edited:

Panhandler

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wakulla Florida
The paint/finish (black) finally came off my atty. A little came off the upper and lower edges at first alc bath. I cleaned with hot distilled water the second time. Just did 3rd clean with alc and it bubbled up pretty good.Came off easy at that point. I read about someone else having that happen. The next 2 I ordered I just got them in stainless.
If people like there paint they may be served best boiling some distilled water and clean them that way.
These are working pretty good for me after cleaned. Good flaver and vapor until they start gunking up.
I'm finding the sweet and darker juices are gunking them up pretty quick and start tasting gackey....like in 2-3 days vapin hard....5-7 mls a day.
I like this system when it is working good.........but now I'm looking into the GOGO. I don't see anything wrong with having both;)
The thread on them doesn't look to be having as many complaints.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I'd think 15 to 20 mls of the sweet dark e-juices through an atty would be pretty reasonable between cleans, or would I be wrong in thinking that. I go through about 4mls a day and would but that is staggered over three devices so each is only getting about 1 and a bit mls per day through it. I'd do a clean every 2 weeks which is about the same - 14 to 15 mls, and I use reasonably clear e-juices like apple, menthol and raspberry.

Panhandler

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wakulla Florida
I'd think 15 to 20 mls of the sweet dark e-juices through an atty would be pretty reasonable between cleans, or would I be wrong in thinking that. I go through about 4mls a day and would but that is staggered over three devices so each is only getting about 1 and a bit mls per day through it. I'd do a clean every 2 weeks which is about the same - 14 to 15 mls, and I use reasonably clear e-juices like apple, menthol and raspberry.

I concur.
I am not sure what results others are having....but I'm not complaining because it beats filler burnin.
I'm just rotating 2 atties and have one new in a box.
I've did a dry burn once on each......I'm kinder new and don't really know how often I should do that. It did help some I believe.
I didn't even use my 510's long enough to have one die yet....so I'm wondering how long before I have a T atty bite the dust.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I find that having the two moutpiece parts removed means the vapor is slightly warmer and definiately has more flavor and th - thus you can draw a lot slower which in theory should equate to better atty life and less burn taste.

Burn taste is all about drawing too hard and too fast and too often without giving the unit a rest.

I'll put this out there one more time for those that may have missed it, just because since I started following it I haven't had any issues in 6 weeks

As reccomended to me by jantykorea in person

1. Take long, deep but slow drags

2. After 6 or 7 max, rest the pv for a minute or more.

Not as fun as the fast drags I was taking and inhaling a new drag whilst at the same exhaling the last one - but hey ho and my janty xl cartos let me do that with zero complaints for when I really want to cane it.

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
Thanks, Neo. Does it give you better vapor production than cartos on the stick size 808? Also, better consistency than cartos?

I'd say the amount of vapor is better than an 808 if clouds of vapor is your thing. Some flavors are the same, some more muted. The advantage is no carto burning.

Get one atty and an adapter and give it a try and see if you like it. It's about the same as two packs of cartos (or less) and "should" last longer than those 10 cartos.

marclap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Here's a small update:
After 3-4 tanks, I finally got rid of the primer taste!
Thanks for the tips about putting 3 drops into the batt end! Works like a charm :)

This thing is THE king! Amazing! Really consistent vapor and TH. I can't talk much about the flavor since i'm vaping "emergency juice" that doesn't taste that much on a standart atty (can't wait to receive my juice order!).
The only downside is that I haven't been able to put it down!
I usually vape about 1.5-2ml/day, but yesterday I used about 6-7ml of juice.
I've only been using it for 1 day, but I LOVE it!

Last edited:

VAP3n00b

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Orange County, CA
Here's a small update:
After 3-4 tanks, I finally got rid of the primer taste!
Thanks for the tips about putting 3 drops into the batt end! Works like a charm :)

This thing is THE king! Amazing! Really consistent vapor and TH. I can't talk much about the flavor since i'm vaping "emergency juice" that doesn't taste that much on a standart atty (can't wait to receive my juice order!).
The only downside is that I haven't been able to put it down!
I usually vape avoir 1.5-2ml/day, but yesterday I used about 6-7ml of juice.
I've only been using it for 1 day, but I LOVE it!

Wow 6-7ml. Most I've been able to go through is 3. That was at my buddy's b'day party on friday where all my nasty smoker friends we're in love with my new toy. Had to pry it out of their hands...lol.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
how does everyone like the tank system???

I ordered one just out of curiousity, but until there's an 801 tank system, I can't expect anything will be better than dripping on an 801 LR, with a good battery.

I've heard that it's in the planning stages, though. I expect carts will be replaced by tanks, for all devices (except for bottom feeders, which are clearly superior).

I don't vape much anymore, but I will try to do a proper review of the tank system, as I've had ego's, kr808's, 801's, bottom feeders, etc.

I hope that it will be a positive review, but I have concerns about it being "juice-specific", like all 510 atty's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread