Status
Not open for further replies.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
I don't get the plastic taste except what is coming directly from air flow through the cheap plastic tank chambers. Was your atty dish melted or something? That's the only plastic in there.

Nope. I think the plastic taste I'm getting is like you described. From the plastic tank chambers. It's very faint and if the flavor of the juice was closer to 100% then I probably wouldn't even taste it.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I do not recommend taking off the CHAD. I did this on 4 tanks and all 4 leak. On the tanks I did not remove the CHAD from, none leak.

I would look into maybe the wick bein pushed too far down into the needle, or your tank not being pushed fully on to the needle.

Yes i have the all the sides squared up, flat side to flat side curve side to curve side. I filled three tanks and all three leaked and it only leaks when I set it down after I vape. I wouldn't mind if it just leaked a little but it leaked alot and it drips down the side of the battery that is facing down. I just saw a post by somebody to take out the circular pieced cut out from the tank that got pierced, hope it works. Thanks

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I do not recommend taking off the CHAD. I did this on 4 tanks and all 4 leak. On the tanks I did not remove the CHAD from, none leak.

I would look into maybe the wick bein pushed too far down into the needle, or your tank not being pushed fully on to the needle.

Agreed. I remove none of the chads and have no issues at all.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I've only had two leaks. A very thin liquid unit laying on its side and a thin liquid in a low tank. The tank has to rely on a slight natural vacuum in the tank to keep the liquid from draining out, right? Maybe it relies on surface tension of the liquid at the hole or a combo of both.

So if the level of liquid is at the right amount that laying on its side you have both air and liquid at the atty needle then no vacuum or suface tension and liquid can drain out through the wicking.

I also think as the tank drains you can get to a level where the natural vacuum / surface tension is not strong enough to keep thin liquids from draining but works fine with thicker ones.

I'm still try to learn various liquids and the flavors that I like. The juice I got from Tasty Vapor seems much thinner than what I got from Backwoods or Gourmet.

Those asking for larger tanks and cylender attys, it's not as simple as just making them bigger. Any change in size or shape would change the pyshics of the liquid staying in the tank, leaking out and probably wicking too.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
any tips to stop the leakage? The juices are coming out of the bottom of the atomizer and seeping through the vent holes, I seen a couple of people posts about tank leakage but non on how to prevent it. any thoughts/tips?

Depends where it is leaking from. Assuming your tank itself is in good shape, it is probably leaking through the wick. View attachment 29689 View attachment 29690

The wick is loose strands bundled with a thin strip of mesh that is glued or soldered into the needle tube to hold it in place. I can see remnants of where the mesh was stuck to my atty's tube. The wick top is cut at the same angle as the piercing needle. If you didn't get a thick enough wick with yours there is probably nothing you can do except put in a new one. I think mine above was too flimsy, thus a chronic leaker with any juice or tank.

You could try a thicker juice if it's only leaking slightly. If the wick has been pushed down too far you could try lifting it a tad with a needle or tweezers. You could just stick a needle part way it and wiggle it too sort of fluff it into filling more space in the tube.

Some people have had their wicks pushed all the way down and had a mess burnt on the atomizer. No wick makes for some serious leaking.

I pulled my plate and installed a new wick I made with silica rope strands and it no longer leaks. I made the wick just thick enough that it needs primer drags to get it going once in a while with 80/20 juice.

You can pull the needle plate out by grabbing the piercing needle with needle nose plyers and see what is going on with your wick. Just don't pull the wick itself all the way out of the needle plate tube because it is difficult to get back in. Mine crumbled in my hands, so I had to get silica rope to replace it. Fiddle with it and put the needle plate into a tank to put it back. I've had mine out a dozen times and it goes back and stays there no problem. It sits on a ledge and get wedged in.

If you give up on your tank atomizer completely, you can pull the plate and use it to drip. Nice exposed atomizer with a mesh reservoir around it that hold 4-5 drops. I was tail piping mine because I hate the whistle tips.

Do they make a wide drip tip for an atomizer this size?

Tanks can leak if you block the air flow, because it will suck juice from any weak spots in the tank caps. I was driving with mine and accidentally put my hands over the battery holes to hide it and got a mouth full of juice with a hard drag. It was fine when I got home and was operating it normally.

Last edited:

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Is there plans for a LR tank atty? The vape from this is just too cool for my tastes.

yes, a 1.8 ohm LR tank atomizer version is coming soon, probably end of february...
i heard a 510 tank/cartridge (working with any 510 existent atty) is coming too via joyetech as well, without a filler pad (like the 'smart tanks' that are out there right now) with just a silica wick.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011

enki

Feb 13, 2011
Florida
Hey everyone. Long time reader, and I just joined the forum today. First off, thanks to everyone for providing such helpful information.

I'm pretty new to vaping. Started about four weeks ago and haven't had a cigarette since (used to smoke half a pack a day for years). I first bought a TW Titan, but didn't like filling the carts all the time. So I ended up getting a Tornado Tank and have loved every minute of it. Up until a couple of days ago, I always bought premixed juices from TW. I tried the various tobacco flavors, RY4 (loved it!), Red Bull, Capuccino, etc. They all worked great. No burnt taste, good flavor, nice vaping all around.

I'm having a problem and I was hoping someone could assist-

I wanted to experiment with making my own juices. Since TW had some great discounts last week (up to 50% off!) I got the Platinum Ice kit and a bunch of other stuff. I wanted to try to make my own RY4 type of flavor, so I bought Marlbury, Vanilla and Carmel. I mixed the juice according to the instructions:
9 drops Platinum Ice 54MG (VG base)
7 drops Flavor (3 Marlbury, 2 Vanilla, 2 Carmel)
14 drops dilutent (PG)

It smelled great, so I was looking forward to vaping it. I shook it up and let it sit for about 10 minutes, shook it up again, and loaded up my atty. At first it didn't taste to good, but after hitting it a few times it started to taste better. The tobacco flavor was very strong. After a little while, I stopped getting any flavor and the vape lost all sweetness. It started to taste burnt. I still had most of my cart loaded, so I was confused. I tried spinning it around in the atty, and took it out to make sure it was on the wick. It looked fine. But the vaping continued to taste really burnt. I swapped it out for some premixed stuff, and after about 20 puffs, it tasted normal again. The next day I went back to the homemade stuff, and it tasted better. But numerous times a day I would get a burning taste. As I mentioned earlier, I knew it was coming because when I was pulling on it, the taste would get very weird.

I thought it might have been the flavor combination I used, so I tried just vanilla. It tasted fine for a while, but eventually it had a burning taste. I read somewhere in this thread how you should try pulling on it without pushing the button, and that seemed to help a bit. But after a while I couldn't get rid of it. I switched back to pre-mixed Redbull and it took a LONG time for it to lose the burning taste. I even blew out all the liquid.

I'm concerned that either I'm doing something wrong or something is bad with what I received. I never had this problem with premixed liquids, only the ones I mix. My liquid looks a little less thick then the premixed ones I was using. I asked TW what they use and they said 70pg/30vg. Since I'm using 9 drops of Platinum Ice VG, 7 drops of flavor and 14 drops of PG, that's the same ratio.

Can anyone give me any pointers or advice? Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried it on two attys that worked fine before, and it happened on both, so I don't think it's the atty.

Thanks!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
yes, a 1.8 ohm LR tank atomizer version is coming soon, probably end of february...
i heard a 510 tank/cartridge (working with any 510 existent atty) is coming too via joyetech as well, without a filler pad (like the 'smart tanks' that are out there right now) with just a silica wick.

And we mustn't forget the Tesla filter....
images

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I was blowing out some condensation from my eGo-T atty and my wick disappeared apparently onto the coil. Didn't notice it gone (well most of it - the mesh and a few strands were still there) until my tank emptied rather quicker than anticipated. Like a few seconds.

Got into check it and found the wick charred a little and not looking too healthy. This stuff must cost a fortune cause they didn't use much of it lol

I tried replacing it with cut off wicks from my CE2's. It took four strands to fill the needle hole adequately, but it wicked far too slow for my liking.

Yesterday I broke open an used Joye Ego-MegaCarto and snaffled the wick out of it. It looks similar and is about the same length. It too is separate strands and rather difficult to thread through the needle so I used some of the atomizer wire wrapped spirally around the threads and that got it through much easier. I then fluffed the threads at the bottom a little and squared them up with a quick snip. Snipped the raggy bit on top too to make it look like the real thing. I then put some of the e-juice I had in my tank onto the mesh ring around the atomizer, a drop on the atomizer itself and a few drops on the wick.

Put the needle/wick plate on the end of a tank and pushed it home, into position. I lined up the wick to go across the atomizer so some wick would go over both sides.

The upshot is it works. Better than the CE2 wicks but still not quite as good as the original. I get slightly dryish hits every four or five drags, but I do quick vape. I would have liked another strand of the ego atty wick but that will have to wait till next time. I am persevering for a while as I have read in this thread that sometimes they can come good again after a tank or two. Probably when the mesh reservoir gets the optimum amount in it to keep the wick refreshed.

Phreaker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I popped my atty :(

I've had my eGo-T stuff for about a week. The first atomizer I used seemed to stop producing the awesome flavor it had the first couple days. I decided to clean it, let it dry, and put on a fresh tank. The flavor still seemed lacking compared to the 2nd atomizer I was using while I waited for this one to dry. It also didn't seem to be going through juice the way it first did. I tried a couple of "dry" burns, just a few seconds, twice and it stopped working.

I now have my other two atomizers in rotation. One with Ms. T's Watermelon and one with Johnson Creek's Tennessee Cured (Red Oak).

When I first started using my 2nd atomizer with Ms. T's watermelon I vaped about 1/2 a tank in the evening and went to bed. Before work I topped off the tank and put the Riva with eGo-T atomizer/tank into my jacket pocket. When I got to work and went to put it on my desk I saw the liquid was a light tan color, it was hot pink. It seemed to taste and vape ok, but I only did 1/2 a tank and work and that night washed the rest out and refilled it. Seems to be okay for now...

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
You might try pushing the wick down the slightest bit - maybe 1/16"... others have had success doing this, including myself.

I was blowing out some condensation from my eGo-T atty and my wick disappeared apparently onto the coil. Didn't notice it gone (well most of it - the mesh and a few strands were still there) until my tank emptied rather quicker than anticipated. Like a few seconds.

Got into check it and found the wick charred a little and not looking too healthy. This stuff must cost a fortune cause they didn't use much of it lol

I tried replacing it with cut off wicks from my CE2's. It took four strands to fill the needle hole adequately, but it wicked far too slow for my liking.

Yesterday I broke open an used Joye Ego-MegaCarto and snaffled the wick out of it. It looks similar and is about the same length. It too is separate strands and rather difficult to thread through the needle so I used some of the atomizer wire wrapped spirally around the threads and that got it through much easier. I then fluffed the threads at the bottom a little and squared them up with a quick snip. Snipped the raggy bit on top too to make it look like the real thing. I then put some of the e-juice I had in my tank onto the mesh ring around the atomizer, a drop on the atomizer itself and a few drops on the wick.

Put the needle/wick plate on the end of a tank and pushed it home, into position. I lined up the wick to go across the atomizer so some wick would go over both sides.

The upshot is it works. Better than the CE2 wicks but still not quite as good as the original. I get slightly dryish hits every four or five drags, but I do quick vape. I would have liked another strand of the ego atty wick but that will have to wait till next time. I am persevering for a while as I have read in this thread that sometimes they can come good again after a tank or two. Probably when the mesh reservoir gets the optimum amount in it to keep the wick refreshed.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
Has anyone figured out why the unused juice turns so dark? I thought it was due to a dirty atty, but I just got 2 new attys, loaded one up, vaped for 1 day, and now the juice gets dark at the empty tank stage. Are we gonna have to clean these daily? I only use good, clean, clear liquid, pg, to be exact. I hate to say it, but I'm not overly impressed yet. rsmith76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread