Status
Not open for further replies.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
thats what happens when your wick moves* into the atty,
look down in the atty ....can you SEE your wick in the center of the needle ?
You might start reading back @ about page 147 of this thread ........

* moves,gets sucked down into,gets blown into....etc.

pics on pg 145 very helpfull

Last edited:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Don't get me wrong here, right now everything is gravy. vaping Geoff's Blend right now without any problems, before that I vaped some menthol.

I had no problems prior to today. No leaking ever in any of the attys.

Problems started with a BRAND new atty, that's when I got a little upset. And going back to my regular atty (used for about a week), I felt it had a weird taste as well. So I opened another new atty, the one I'm using now, and everything is fine.

Bottom line, I'm happy when it works, and expect this atty to last at another week..

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Personally I don't think the alignment is important at all. I just align the whistle tip so I have convenient access to the button.... done.

it is .. sort of .. I've been putting the t-cartridges in so they allign with the battery button, after reading through this thread, I decided to allign the cartridge with the the inside atomizer channels, and voila more TH and more Vapor.. Since I've been vaping the same juice all night, I could tell the difference right away. However, before that it was fine as well, it's just that now it's better...

On a side note: I see no harm removing the inner insert from the mouthpiece, it improved flow IMO. Have not yet drilled more holes into the mouthpiece, but did widen the airways on the side of the cartridge. ... Edit: I just removed the other insert (last mouthpiece) and the TH is amazing... :) the hours reading this thread did pay off.. :)

Last edited:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I just ordered the 510 MAP-Tank E2 Mod 2.8ohm from Clouds of Vapor.. Still trying to figure out what all I need for it.. But for that price I can't go wrong.. The other mods (Journeyman and Phidias and such are over $100..)

I got a few of those 2.8 ohm MAP tanks too. The 5ml of juice is nice but that thing looks huge on a eGo batt. I went through two MAP tanks and was loving it.

Then I switched to an Ego-T tank of the same juice and get more flavor and a warmer, stronger TH, weird right? Maybe the 2.4ohm E2 insert would have a better flavor and TH, I tried to order a 2.4 insert but he was out of stock again.

I'll curious to see what your experience is.

keitht253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Morgantown, WV
it's been about 2 weeks since i got my ego tank/carts. found that all flavors except my cinnamon pear/fire and ice etc, are VERY muted. even the delicious Kick Bass Vapor jooses.
but other than that, it has worked great. except all of the sudden tonite, in middle of vaping one of my carts (it was probably about half full), my hand is greasy, full of juice-it's as if the whole cart sprung a leak somehow and i lost all of the juice in the cart. have no idea how it happened. has anyone else experienced this? why did it happen?

I was about to post and say basically the same thing. I first tried peppermint in a tank and it was a little muted but still pretty good. Forget about trying Orange Cream or Root Beer Float at all, I couldn't taste those to save my life. Then I tried cinnabomb mixed with green apple and voila, full flavor. I really think that the tank system is very flavor dependent. Maybe adding more flavoring would do the trick (like with BMV, how you have the option to up the flavoring to 15%, or just dropping more in if you DIY) for those darker/sweeter flavors. I have yet to test out the snickerdoodle, milk chocolate, menthol, turkish blend, doctor pepper, and cherry cola I have on the tank setup, but if I give it a go I will report back with results.

keitht253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Morgantown, WV
I've started using mine with the new RIVA SE and it really seems to come alive, and looks good too.

I've been using mine with the Riva SE from day one, but still am getting the huge lack of flavor problems that one would think would be mitigated a bit due to the SE's true 3.7 voltage.

marclap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Montreal, Qc, Canada
I tried to read a little bit to find answers to my problem, but this thread is way too big!
I just started using my first ego-t atty.
Blew out the primer and put a fresh tank on it and let it sit a little.
First drags we're nasty. Really nasty primer/burn taste.
Now i'm on my second tank and it's pretty much still the same...
I can manage to get 2-3 "ok" drags sometimes, but most of the time it taste like primer mixed with burn taste.

Is there anything I should try? I tried to take some primer puffs, turn the tank and to blow again but it's still the same.

Thanks!

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
I tried to read a little bit to find answers to my problem, but this thread is way too big!
I just started using my first ego-t atty.
Blew out the primer and put a fresh tank on it and let it sit a little.
First drags we're nasty. Really nasty primer/burn taste.
Now i'm on my second tank and it's pretty much still the same...
I can manage to get 2-3 "ok" drags sometimes, but most of the time it taste like primer mixed with burn taste.

Is there anything I should try? I tried to take some primer puffs, turn the tank and to blow again but it's still the same.

Thanks!

put a couple of drops into the atomizer.. seems like your wick is dry and not getting any fluid.. I put 3 drops into the battery end hold of the atomizer and the atty I said tasted burned now tastes ok. ... .just make sure NOT to spill any.. you want to get it right into the hole.. it will absorb the fluid..

Uncle Screwtape

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
NE-IL
Quick question for the ego-t gurus:

Can the ego tank attomizer mount on to an xxx > 510 adapter, or does it require itself to be attached to actual battery?

Basic reasoning behind me asking, is that I was wondering if it will fit on a pass through, or a penstyle 801 with an adapter.

Thanks!

--bb

I have used them with a mod with a 510 connector as well as a standard 510 battery. I think anything with or adapted to 510 will work.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
My ego tank attys need to be cleaned at least once a week. Has anyone found this to be true? While this system works ok, it is not the "premier" of e cigs in my opinion. I believe you just have to fool around with all models of e cigs to find what makes them perform the best for you. This is my 6th different device, and none of them have been fool proof, or worked that great "out of the box". Will any manufacturer ever get it right? I guess as long as we keep buying them, the improvements will slowly happen. My 808 stick has probably served my needs the best in the last 2 yrs. of using the e cig.. I'll just keep switching around till I find one that serves my needs completely. rsmith76

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Do they work well on a 510 adapter using a lower voltage battery like the 808?

I'm guessing the size factor would make an 808 look dwarfed in comparison to the tank, but it's not a low resistance atomizer, so I would assume it would be similar to using a standard 510 atty on an 808.

If you don't already have an adapter for the 808, you could pick up a 510 riva kit pretty cheap. I believe after coupon codes, some sites have riva 510 kits for around $30 US, including two manual batteries, usb charger + AC adapter, and atomizer.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Thanks reistence info and other suggestions, Blade.

Isn't the 808 supposed to be abetter battery than the 510 though? I heard that somewhere. So i think i'll just get an adapter for the 808 to use 510 atomizers on it.

I suppose it would depend on the manufacturer. The 510 just designates the thread size, so while a small 510 battery might be lessser, the Riva has a 650 (or maybe it's 750) mah, which is pretty big compared to an 808 style. It's a "fat bat", as some people call them. The common 510 batteries are the "ego" size these days, which is not small, in any sense of the word. My Riva measures 4.2 volts at a full charge, if that helps. You can test your 808 voltage if you have a multimeter laying around, to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread