• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New England Vapers, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I've been on the audio merry go round before & now I've settled for the past 7 years since my first daughter was born. Now Sansui AU-717, Dennon 3800, Bel Canto DAC-1, Musical Surroundings Phonomena, Thorens TD-125, Modded Ortofon cart, Modded Black Widow Arm, B&W 802 S3's. Before this all tubes & I could have bought a new car with what I had invested, ugh......I'll stick with vape gear from now on, doesn't hurt the wallet nearly as much!

Reactions: Mowgli

Gfdeputy2

Account closed on request
Sep 5, 2015
New Hampshire or New Vapeshire
@Kemosabe so sorry I haven't got back sooner but I had a small well who am I kidding a big problem I dropped my phone on a concrete floor & completely destroyed it yup all my recipes
were on my phone & didn't back it up yup I am stupid will take me awhile to remake all my juices again
anyone have an idea how we could get a show going in the Northeast that would lean more to equipment? Mods, tanks, accessories ect? I really wanted to go to Vape Northeast but I am not into all the juices or cloud competitions. bunch of people from my area went & were somewhat disappointed with it as they were hoping for the same thing as me. Seems all these shows are geared towards Cloud chasing & juice

Reactions: Kemosabe

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
no worries about the recipies Gfdeupty. thanks for gettign back to me.
yeah it does seem as if most vape fests focus on juice. i think its because that's the cheapest aspect of vaping. easy to give out samples, and draw you in with the sweet smelling clouds. juice sales are probably where companies make the most of their money, due to the low overhead and high re-sale cost ratio. theyre making money hand over fist with juice. with hardware, they probably would be lucky to make a fraction of what they make on juice.

i did see a small amount of hardware tables last weekend at VNE. mods, batteries, atomizers, custom wires, etc. i even spoke with some reps who make custom RDA caps. and they were very cool/innovative. but yeah the hardware tables were few and far between. i did see some cool hardware but even with the fest pricing, they were still too high. i buy most of my gear from Fasttech and we all know its nearly impossible to beat their prices.

what i did find cool was the ability to check out an atomizer for example before buying it cheaper online lol. the sigelei moonshot was one i was interested in from photos online. i played around with one at the fest, checking the size, weight, threading tolerances, and just overall construction quality. i decided it wasnt for me and that helps because otherwise i might have bought it online without ever holding it only to find out its not my bag.

Gfdeputy2

Sep 5, 2015
exactly my reasoning I would like to look over the the product before buying & with so many companies out there now B&M's can only carry so much. I probably would not have bought the TFV4 if I really got to check it over first not really to my liking & currently looking for an RTA as I would like to get into coil building & for testing my Juice without having to swap coils just replace the cotton

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
exactly my reasoning I would like to look over the the product before buying & with so many companies out there now B&M's can only carry so much. I probably would not have bought the TFV4 if I really got to check it over first not really to my liking & currently looking for an RTA as I would like to get into coil building & for testing my Juice without having to swap coils just replace the cotton

For new tanks that are easy to build AND wick (which is more important IMO) The Bellus for dual coils or the Serpent or Bachelor for single coils. All three tanks have excellent flavor, top fill & easy to build. I think anyone would be happy with either of the three or all three like me.

But.....for tasting juice....honestly you're better off with a dripper. Easier to build & rewick plus the best flavor vs any tank. I love the Stumpy, it's a killer flavor machine & very versatile, you can get the clone for under $10 online everywhere. There are a lot of lower priced RDA's out there now that are even available in local shops for about $30 if you don't want to wait. Pretty much every shop has the Jaybo Indestructable & that's a solid choice. There also the Sapor's, Mini Velocity's & Royal Hunter's which are decent prices.

Reactions: Gfdeputy2

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Yep, I figured since you DIY it wouldn't be a problem. I do the same but always carry an extra 30ml bottle so I can top off as necessary.

I had the TFV4 as well & couldn't wick it worth a damn so I gave it to a friend who uses pre-made coils, he loves it. I would say any of the tanks I mentioned are leaps & bounds over the TFV4.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
GFDeputy2
The MT RTA and Aromamizer RTA both have Velocity decks.
MT by default and I think it needs to be specified for the Aromamizer.
I use both daily. Either my MT or Mutank (basically the same).

I just got my 25mm Steam Crave Supreme yesterday but haven't even washed it yet.
It also has a velocity deck and folks say it can take huge Claptons.

Gfdeputy2

Sep 5, 2015
@Mowgli Thank You this is what I am talking about so many choices & personal opinions almost 7 months vaping & I have had almost a dozen mods & about the same in tanks. some I absolutely Love & some I just wasted money on. I would love to see a show with all this stuff on hand

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
@Mowgli Thank You this is what I am talking about so many choices & personal opinions almost 7 months vaping & I have had almost a dozen mods & about the same in tanks. some I absolutely Love & some I just wasted money on. I would love to see a show with all this stuff on hand

boy ain't that the truth (referring to the 'some i love, some are a waste of money' quote). that part about buying vape gear never seems to end, even after my 4.5 years of vaping. sure it decreased dramatically, but damn if i dont end up inadvertently buying some piece junk from time to time.

i too have an aromamizer (the v1). well, two of them actually- which says a LOT, considering my propensity to opt for unique purchases rather than doubling up on one particular item. its an amazing tank, through and through. you do need to build vertically for complex builds (calptons, etc), but it takes standard coils horizontally just fine.

@Mowgli i am envious of your Supreme. i have not yet taken the plunge, but i plan to. i may get the griffin25 as well.

@fishwater & gfduputy2 i have noticed the same with the rba heads on replaceable coil units. i have realized that a hybrid tank that claims to be a replaceable coil tank as well as an RTA, fails to be good as solely an RTA. its a gimmick in my eyes. sure, it works and its not lie that you can rebuild them, but will it give you the same performance as a tank strictly designed to be an RTA? nope. not in my experience. they are however usually pretty dang awesome if you are a replaceable coil user.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
For new tanks that are easy to build AND wick (which is more important IMO) The Bellus for dual coils or the Serpent or Bachelor for single coils. All three tanks have excellent flavor, top fill & easy to build. I think anyone would be happy with either of the three or all three like me.

But.....for tasting juice....honestly you're better off with a dripper. Easier to build & rewick plus the best flavor vs any tank. I love the Stumpy, it's a killer flavor machine & very versatile, you can get the clone for under $10 online everywhere. There are a lot of lower priced RDA's out there now that are even available in local shops for about $30 if you don't want to wait. Pretty much every shop has the Jaybo Indestructable & that's a solid choice. There also the Sapor's, Mini Velocity's & Royal Hunter's which are decent prices.

^i really gotta agree with the dripper advice for tasting flavors, gfdeputy. its just so much easier to test flavors with a dripper than a tank. here's a nice little easter egg for you. the zenith. its a good RDA. i have one and use it almost daily. its easily worth 5 to 10 times this price, which is, wait for it....drumroll please....$2.00.... AND free shipping! they also have the pyrro rda for $2. enjoy!

Tobeco Zenith RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread