chieftechnicalwizard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Atlanta
Jims living room. :)

9y2edyse.jpg

Tony

Really and truly? If so that explains everything and rocks all at the same time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Gomtuu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Los Angeles
May as well update your avatar too. Though the engraving makes a whole lot more sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I hadn't even thought of Jim's avatar. Good call.

DID-related part of post: I am this close to holding up a convenience store so I can get a mini, and in anticipation of Jim's new mod. ;)

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Today I received my new bits from vapeking, along with my ADV Royal blend tippler, an XTAR WP II, mini and large ego tank sleeves and my new MOD. Yes, it's what I call a 'BRIDGING MOD', I have been tempted by the Siam Mods Cube, but as I want JIM's NEW MOD, and I couldn't wait any longer to buy something battery mod wise, I bought this Ego 18650 thingy for $11.95 :shock:
So I still have my saved Mod money Jim. Hint Hint.:D
Anyway, a snap or two of the current DID hangouts at my home.
8025427531_75f9fcc716_c.jpg

Last edited:

Tonytiger1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Houston
Today I received my new bits from vapeking, along with my ADV Royal blend tippler, an XTAR WP II, mini and large ego tank sleeves and my new MOD. Yes, it's what I call a 'BRIDGING MOD', I have been tempted by the Siam Mods Cube, but as I want JIM's NEW MOD, and I couldn't wait any longer to buy something battery mod wise, I bought this Ego 18650 thingy for $11.95 :shock:
So I still have my saved Mod money Jim. Hint Hint.:D
Anyway, a snap or two of the current DID hangouts at my home.
8025427531_75f9fcc716_c.jpg

Heads up the ego switch will die soon.
tagunude.jpg

a2eny8yp.jpg

It's been working so good I filled the top cap with hot glue to make it rigid.

Tony

Tonytiger1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Houston
Thanks Tony, saw that happened to you a while back, but as long as it lasts me until Jim launches his mod/s I'll be good, and if not, I'll follow your Macgyver example and fit a decent manual switch.
Doesn't hot glue melt when is gets hot?:unsure:

Well maybe. But im not in there. :). Mine quit in 2 days. I got a short. And it blinked and that was it for that. I like the small size for an 18650. Not back pocket friendly. I did have my .... chain vape a tank once.

Tony

overall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
TEXAS
Well I believe I have a great setup now. Using 500 mesh rolled tight with no center hole. Using Jack frost. I rolled the wick, then wrapped a 28ga 6 coil wrap (1.2 ohms). Vaped lovely, the extra coils really do make for more vapor. Wicks perfectly.

As an fyi I purchased some ceramic wick from omega xc-116, works great but I have an aversion to fibers getting into my lungs (silicosis is no fun). I am still trying to get the fiberglass bits out of my arms. I really don't feel like this is a seafe vaping option. I may order some silica sleeving xs-116 and give that a try.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Well I believe I have a great setup now. Using 500 mesh rolled tight with no center hole. Using Jack frost. I rolled the wick, then wrapped a 28ga 6 coil wrap (1.2 ohms). Vaped lovely, the extra coils really do make for more vapor. Wicks perfectly.

As an fyi I purchased some ceramic wick from omega xc-116, works great but I have an aversion to fibers getting into my lungs (silicosis is no fun). I am still trying to get the fiberglass bits out of my arms. I really don't feel like this is a seafe vaping option. I may order some silica sleeving xs-116 and give that a try.

Great to hear your having success with the #500, so much better than the #400 for sure.

Have you heard about the Solid porous ceramic wick being discussed or at least mentioned:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/330407-500-ss-mesh-51.html#post7290693
136548d1348206533-500-ss-mesh-.jpg

n874

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Sydney Australia
Yep the clear tank is exact same as the Prive tank different IDs and all as the Prive connectors are different sizes but the DID is not as it fits the metal tank fine. Maybe I got a Prive tank by mistake...?

LOL I just found the DID tank on my desk at work this was a spare Prive tank I got too many tanks in 1 day what a FU!! Sorry & thanks sorted now I believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread