Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
What a bummer.

Mine is even better today than it was last night.

When it first arrived, I plugged it in and got a green light. That meant the battery was charged. So I began using it. And noted that it didn't work well at all. The light often wouldn't come on. No vapor. Fish-faced sucking needed. After a couple of hours of that frustration, I put the battery back into the pack and plugged the pack in again. Bingo. Red light. It was charging.

And it kept charging for 3 full hours.

From that time on, it has worked as I would expect.

I hope yours comes around, Phillip. But with my old Health mini cig, I got two batteries and one was DOA. They refunded me $18 for the battery cost and I was quite happy.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
good to hear bob, i bought two of these on a whim. the cost came to €25 and thats only 3 packs of smokes where i live and some change so i figured if they last me 3 days...im good..

bit unkind that you cannot seem to be able to buy extra carts for them. do you know if any of the other health carts you have fit? i am intrigued by the design of the pack, best one out there especially for the american socket system. im glad i bought two converters when i lived in the states for some other devices i brought back home with me.

even if they turn out to be of no use i'll probably store them in a box in the attic for any grand-kids i might have to discover. expect to see this on the antiques roadshow 2090. they might end up buying a dinner or two or perhaps a hover-bike. any further joy with the loong carts? they work if held in place right?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
That is dead-on with my thinking. I'm laughing because I, too, save it all for my grandkids. In the future, we'll view these as a blip of history, or the beginning of a changeover in addiction; our funky pioneering devices will fetch a fine penny in antique stores. I thought no one else would think that way! Cool.

The Health cig is working fine at the moment. Lots of vapor, but erratic LED light. I'm using the battery that came with it, just to see how long it lasts. But I've already begun dripping my favorite flavor liquids into the original cartridge, so I'll have no idea how long that cart might last without dripping. I just don't care! I use my flavors on everything I own. The only good flavor by itself is a Janty. Other cartridges get refilled and dripped. Used as is, they have no flavor at all to me.

My own practice is to never let a cart get anywhere near dry and to keep rotating batteries every few hours. That's not good for testing purposes, but perfect for practical use to get maximum performance.

Forgot to say that these carts are unique. Older ones won't do. I've never seen a design like these carts, so refilling will be the order of the day.

Mdonham

Aug 11, 2008
Any more results with the new health e-cig. I ordered 2 and should receive next week. My family is all waiting to find out if they should order.

I am new to electronic cigarettes. Purchased NJOY penstyle a week ago at a Restaurant convention in New Orleans. Being a female I feel funny sucking on this penstyle. Ordered health e-cig to use in public so I won't feel so foolish.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Already we have two veteran users - myself and knutselpeter - who have these devices a short time with different results. His died after two days. I'm on my second day and the Health is doing great. It is NOT, however, my only device. Today, I took my Janty Kissbox to the barber shop, for instance, and have been using the minicigarette.net e-cig for the past hour or two.

I quickly found my approval of both new e-cigs soared when I started using my own mixed fluid. Aside from the Janty cartridges, most taste yucky, if they have any taste at all. Add some Bickford flavor, some commercial liquid and some homecooked tobacco juice and these are wonderful.

Battery life with the Health is still good. I've used in quite a bit today and have yet to discharge the battery. About 8 hours of intermittent use so far today.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Wow, sounds like good battery run time TB. I think the one Knutsel had had a wonky battery- judging by hte vapor in the vid- just seemed liek it was weak- too weak really. Sounds liek you got a good one. Seems though that it might be a hit or miss type situation, but hten again, so is buying any other battery to be honest. The only difference is that soem companies give good guruntees, some don't, but at $17 it;'s not too big a hit if battery is bad- if we had assortments of adapters though, we wouldn't have to worry & just use other batteries we have lying around-

This forum needs an engineer to0 make adapters for us lol.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I believe it's called tap and die sets- they are quite complicated, takign into accoutn thread sizes, measuring angles of threads etc- I don't understand it all, but My bro seems to htink he might be able to give it a try- goign to try to model one out of an arrowhead believe it or not- we'll see what happens. If you want ot get one made, I guess approachign an engineer or mechanic might be hte way to go. I tried looking up 'step down threads on google but all I got was camera step down rings at far too large sizes. After a couple of pages back in google, I gave up- Was hoping htere was soem shop that carried smaller ones to try- but no luck I'm afraid

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Hey TB- just a note- I got my SmartFixx Penstyle Battery to produce vapor from a loong cartridge- wasn't easy- and not practical, but I did get it- I had to destroy an old SF battery, pull the guts out of the threaded part- grind down the inside piece with the hole in it to where it would make contact with hte new SF battery and the cartridge center pices (where hte holes are), and the outer ring of battery was just touchign hte loong cart outer metal part (the htreaded part)- the whole thing was rather tricky because the little spacer that I fashioned had to be centered, and not touching the threaded area of either the cart or battery, and I had to hold the threaded part together with hte cart threaded part flush (because battery was too big)- I know it sounds confusing, but long complicated story short, I guess the middle cnter part can't connect with outer threads or it won't make contact with battery, and will run it flat.

I've got an idea though- gonna take a nut that fits the SF battery, braze a threaded tube onto it that fits the loong cart, and make a spacer that makes contact with both inner center areas- will just have to isolate hte center spacer from the outer connection threads somehow, but a pice of thin cardboard rolled up and slipped inside my adapter should work fine....

Or I could just give up and break down and buy more loong batteries :( Nah- what fun would that be? :) I'll get it figured out lol

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This begins Day 4 with the Health e-cig pack product. So far, so good.

I am not using this mini cig exclusively for e-smoking needs. It rotates among my Janty Kissbox, my old Health e-cigar and the new minicigarette.net test model. Still, I've tried to use the Health pack at a level equal to about a pack-a-day smoker.

Problems: Not enough vapor. A sip of the cig does nothing. A user has to suck hard to get the LED on and the atomizer going. Sustained suction is needed at a strong rate or the LED goes off.

To replace real cigarettes, a light draw is essential. This is not such a device. Among my devices, only the Janty Kissbox functions with that light draw.

Battery life is not a concern at the rate I've been using it. I have yet to completely discharge the little battery. After about 12 hours of use, I plugged the clever little pack into a wall socket. Health says a discharged battery takes 5 hours to recharge. This one charged for 4 hours.

On the third day, I plugged the battery in after about 14 hours. It charged for 3 hours. But I had taken a road trip and lunch in another town, and relied heavily on my Janty Kissbox for e-smoking, although I showed friends the nifty Health pack. "This," I said, "is a Ford Focus (one of my dinner companions owns a Focus). And this (I held up the Janty) is a Rolls-Royce."

To begin today's use, I changed the cartridge. No, it did not suddenly produce more vapor. I had been dripping my homebrew liquid into the first cartridge to get some decent taste, so the old cartridge was still quite useable. I find the Health cartridge taste to be a non-factor in whether I should like or dislike this. It's ... tasteless. But do recall that this cartridge seems unique, and no replacement source is known. Dripping is the only way to extend use of the device!

For $17, I got seven cartridges. With refilling, those could easily last me months. In about a week, I'll try to push out the filler block inside a cartridge and either clean it or replace it with aquarium filter material.

I will continue to use this, to see how long it lasts. At present, the only logical conclusion I can make is that the Health pack is the greatest value in all e-smoking. I have no idea how these can be made in China, shipped free to me in the United States, and cost $17. But that's all true.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I think I'd be too frustrated with the hard draw and subpar vapor TB. Wish you had a vid camera to give us an idea of hte vapor amounts you're talking about. Sounds htough like htese will keep right on working ok with refillings which is cool- will be interesting to see how long one goes- If you're using htem on average at abotu a pack a day regular smoking, I think that will give us a really good base to judge by.

also TB- Check the end cap on the battery- is htere a small hole there? It seems the end caps need a small hole to make the draw easier- I tested this out by covering my loongtotem hole in the cap, and I could not get the led to light up and I couldn't get any draw through it, or very little I should say. I then checked my SmartFixx batteries, and htey all had one hole in the end cap on the side, and did hte same hting- it appears this endcap hole is what determines the draw ease- perhaps try just ever so slightly enlarging that hole and see if it makes a difference. (Note, you can also pull the cap right off, but hten I think it gives too much air htrough it)

Also- about my experiment yesterday with hte loong cart and SmartFixx penstyle battery- while it worked, I beleive it burnt out my cartridge prematurely- the cartridge only lasted 9 hours and hten promptly burnt out- perhaps the bigger battery was too much power for the atomizer in the cartridge?

Katy- I'm workign on 5 units myself- yup- it's an addiction for sure

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This afternoon I discovered that this little thing has one of the best designed cartridges I've ever encountered. Check it out:

Twist off the cartridge from the atomizer. Take a paper clip and stick it through the hole in the bottom of the cartridge. Up comes a little plastic piece and the filling. The plastic thing is shaped like a tulip vase and holds a pinch of aquarium polyester filter material.

Pull out that polyester piece. Easy to wash and rewet, or ... to use your own liquid, which is exactly what I've been doing now. I get much better taste and even better vapor with my homebrew stuff. The tulip vase piece is about the neatest arrangement I've ever seen. And it does a pretty good job of keeping liquid out of the mouth (but not completely on occasion).

Some time ago, I bought an entire bag of polyester filter material at a local pet store (find it near the fish aquariums). Dirt cheap stuff and it's used in some commercial cartridges. A tiny pinch of new filter could easily be stuffed into the plastic piece, soaked with fluid, and placed back in the cartridge. I've done this several times now. These cartridges appear to be endlessly resuseable!

Now, the question is how long will the atomizer last?

$17. Are you kidding. I've loving this.

BTW: Heavy use today; battery lasted only half a day.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
these little guys are getting listed on ebay at the moment fairly cheaply too but with shipping costs, no-one can match the deal extreme. that's great news about the cartridge TB, i havent heard back from DE about my order yet and now you have me experiencing e-cig anticipatis for the first time. im guessing they were witness to a TB spike.

Ordered 2 myself then realized I'm going up north Wed. They will be sitting all by themselves on my porch till I get back. Something to look forward to when I come home, cause I'm usually depressed as hell to come back after being on Lake Huron for a few days. E smoking on the deck up there is heaven!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread