Status
Not open for further replies.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
HAHAHA inside LOLOLOLOLOL Yeah a few years back I could smoke in a bar also. Yeah now you go outside. I'm good, just go to the bathroom or go sit in my office and take a few stealth puffs.

I have been seeing a few ppl around the store shopping walking around trying to cover up their pv's. 3 different ppl with ego's. They see me looking at them and they start to put them away. I stop and show them what I got and tell them to keep going an not worry. They all have the same look when taking a vape, like they are doing something wrong and trying to not get caught, like a kid smoking in the bathroom in school.

But the shame and wrong is what makes it fun ;)

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Howdy all,
Is it just me or is something missing from this mod...maybe, like a firing button :blink:, I think its an automatic mod ( would explain the puff's counter). If that being so then all sealed bottom RBA's can't be used on this device. Not a serious drawback but just something to be aware of.
What's your take on this one...or am I just dizzy tired from lack of sleep.
I'm going back to sleep now, counting sheep didn't work so may try the more effective sledge hammer ( apply directly to forehead for maximum relief). :)

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
W000t, is got one on order...
Oddly enough the math makes sense, 18650 battery even fully charged can't reliably push 6v but can easily push 5v with proper circuitry. Would be nice though if you could switch from mechanical to automatic draw detection...hum, will have to see if that's a firmware update option :).
as quoted by the movie Bolt " Whats this red stuff, and do I need it"...sledge hammer didn't work. :p

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I posted this in another eVic thread, and thought it was worth repeating here ...

Just watched the latest Haze Hour with Dave Dorn on VapourTrailsTV (YT), and he give it a solid double-thumbs-down ... he went through all the menu diving one must go through to set the wattage, and what a PITA! On the other hand, he showed the stainless steel kit for the eVic, and it really looks terrific with a stainless steel tube and SS flat-top head ... if only it worked as simply as the Vamo, and gave true and accurate variable wattage control like the Zmax in RMS mode, it would be a runaway winner in stainless steel. I never thought I'd be disappointed in Joyetech (love their atomizers and eGo Twists), but the eVic needs to go back in the oven and finish baking ...

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I posted this in another eVic thread, and thought it was worth repeating here ...

Just watched the latest Haze Hour with Dave Dorn on VapourTrailsTV (YT), and he give it a solid double-thumbs-down ... he went through all the menu diving one must go through to set the wattage, and what a PITA! On the other hand, he showed the stainless steel kit for the eVic, and it really looks terrific with a stainless steel tube and SS flat-top head ... if only it worked as simply as the Vamo, and gave true and accurate variable wattage control like the Zmax in RMS mode, it would be a runaway winner in stainless steel. I never thought I'd be disappointed in Joyetech (love their atomizers and eGo Twists), but the eVic needs to go back in the oven and finish baking ...

I agree. The VAMO is a simply awesome device. Works great and could not be easier. But I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised when JT starts getting feedback and starts pumping out firmware upgrades. Everything being reported can be changed with firmware. There are very few limitations. The chips are the heart of it and they only do what the firmware tells them to do. The only question is, how much heart joyetech will put into it.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The Evic really needs alot of work and the worst part,i have not seen anyone talk about yet,is the $75.00 price tag on the replacement for the control head when it goes bad.I am sorry but after paying over $100.00 to get this clunky ecig,i am put off at having to pay that amount when/if my ecig malfunctions????@#$#@.Maybe it's just me,the Evic is a no buy for me.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
I agree. The VAMO is a simply awesome device. Works great and could not be easier. But I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised when JT starts getting feedback and starts pumping out firmware upgrades. Everything being reported can be changed with firmware. There are very few limitations. The chips are the heart of it and they only do what the firmware tells them to do. The only question is, how much heart joyetech will put into it.

...Ditto...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread