New Joyetech eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
It depends if we can get them liek that--these are also fairly expensive....

Please tell us Danno, GV will offer just the heads and batt tubes as well as complete packages.
Many of us I'm sure have a plethora of chargers and Batt's (Altho I like them 2600mah 18650's)....

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Thanx Danno. This new mod is all over the forums, and people are chomping at the bit.
Some say it wont be available till mid Dec? Anyway, from what I have seen at joyetech, it looks like they have it priced out at seperate components, as well as a package deal.

I dont think I have seen ANY 18650 batts with a mah rating of 2600. If they have been out there, they sure escaped me, anyway.

Your watchfull eye, and updates on this bad boy is most appreciated.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Thanx Danno. This new MOD is all over the forums, and people are chomping at the bit.
Some say it wont be available till mid Dec? Anyway, from what I have seen at Joyetech, it looks like they have it priced out at seperate components, as well as a package deal.

I dont think I have seen ANY 18650 batts with a mah rating of 2600. If they have been out there, they sure escaped me, anyway.

Panasonic Obrtronic is 3100mAh
Ultrafire BRC 18650 3000mAh 3.7v Protected

As a note i have not used anything over 2000mAh to date .

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thanx Danno. This new MOD is all over the forums, and people are chomping at the bit.
Some say it wont be available till mid Dec? Anyway, from what I have seen at Joyetech, it looks like they have it priced out at seperate components, as well as a package deal.

Protected batteries are typically in that MAH range ( 2100 - 3100 ) but high drain ( IMR ) batteries are not that high of a MAH

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington

I'll have to bring this baby back out for you ...
6909124322_536657baac.jpg

As you see I have fallen for high mAh before, but I trust Joyetech wont be yanking my chain. :oops:

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
So we have to "Assume" then that this 2600mah "High Safety" Samsung batt is indeed, protected then.
eVic10.jpg

From what I gather, and please correct me if Im wrong, protected batts are generally "thicker" than unprotected? I wouldnt know, cause all my batts are "unprotected". If this new MOD then does in fact use "protected" batts, then we could in theory, use much higher mah rated batts than the suggested 2600?

Last edited:

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
So we have to "Assume" then that this 2600mah "High Safety" Samsung batt is indeed, protected then.
eVic10.jpg

From what I gather, and please correct me if Im wrong, protected batts are generally "thicker" than unprotected? I wouldnt know, cause all my batts are "unprotected". If this new MOD then does in fact use "protected" batts, then we could in theory, use much higher mah rated batts than the suggested 2600?

I believe that protected batteries are generally longer; I dunno about thicker. The protection circuit is on the bottom of the battery, I think, and from the photo the pink Samsung doesn't seem to have that distinctive ridge that I look for in a protected battery. But in a mod like this, wouldn't we be more interested in the high-drain abilities of something like an AW IMR or an Efest or a Panasonic CGH? I'd think the protection would be build into the mod ... :blink:

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
I believe that protected batteries are generally longer; I dunno about thicker. The protection circuit is on the bottom of the battery, I think, and from the photo the pink Samsung doesn't seem to have that distinctive ridge that I look for in a protected battery. But in a mod like this, wouldn't we be more interested in the high-drain abilities of something like an AW IMR or an Efest or a Panasonic CGH? I'd think the protection would be build into the mod ... :blink:

It's at the top, or positive side, (where it usually is). You can see the ridge in the photo.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
eVic10.jpg

These are unprotected which is needed in these type of mods as opposed to the protected ones .
Protected batts generally are longer as the pcb board located on the bottom add to its length.
They can be bought for 9.95 here in the states . ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread