New LUX XL Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
So my last order of LUX XL cartos seem to be slightly different. I noticed right away that the individual plastic wrap was different. The when I took it out, I immediately felt like it might have been a hair lighter. Unlike everyone else probably, I prefer plastic caps (which I saved from my older 902 cartos) instead of the rubber ones that come on the LUX, so when I put on the plastic cap, it fit in easier. At that point I realized I must have been right about the weight because the metal tube on these seem to be just a touch thinner. As far as taste an vape go, these are possibly identical, if not a touch better even. Definitely not a downgrade though, so either way I'm good. I'll let you know how it lasts.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I like this version on the LUX cartomizer a little better than the old ones. They taste and hit about the same, maybe a hair better like I said but not sure anyone would notice. They last longer though. People who have read a lot of my stuff know I don't overuse atomizers or cartomizers. I would use a carto for 6 or 7 days. Especially with Halo Tribeca. After a week, if you leak, the juice inside got dark and didn't taste as good and it was harder to fill the carto entirely. I could tell by trying the clear cartos that part of the reason for this was that the filler was getting a little burnt. Well after 9 or 10 days, these new cartos didn't burn at all. The juice is as clear as on day one and the taste didn't suffer nearly as much. The minor downside to these new ones is that it takes a little longer for the filler to soak up the juice, even on the first fill. Not a big deal at all though. I feel like the airflow might be a touch better too. Because of the slight degradation of taste and because I wanted to see if that first one was a fluke, I started a fresh one tonight. I'll update in a week or so about that one.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Okay, I said I'd update this so here it is. First, I'm leaning towards there being no difference in taste or vapor. I'm leaning slightly towards these lasting a little bit longer. But I also have a negative. I've had a couple now not make perfect contact with the battery. In these case I used a paperclip to pull the carto's contact up a little. I've noticed this on recent Sidesho cartos as well. One more positive... I do feel like there is a little better air flow with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread