LUX XL Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Being I posted about it in an unrelated thread, I guess it should have its own in case anyone was interested. Here's basically what I wrote...

I've only been using it today and I usually like to break them in for at least a full day so its a little too early but, here's what I think I can say about the LUX XL.... It tastes almost exactly like the original 902 carto, which I liked and a lot of people liked. To me though both tasted a little sweet almost like it wasn't burning as hot as an atty, where the new Sidesho and 902 cartos taste closer to an atty to me. That's just preference, but like I said, I still liked the old 902 and I do this as well. Burning cooler doesn't make sense though because of this... I assume because of it being 1.5 Ohms and dual coil, it does have a stronger hit and more vapor. A lot of LUX users are going to love these, especially considering it holds about 2ml of juice! I have a tough decision though. More juice and vapor, or the taste I prefer and my drip tip, which I love on the end of the LUX. Worth a try... Absolutely.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Day 2 update. As expected, the taste changed a little after a day+ of use, so what I'll actually say on taste is that it sits somewhere between the old and new 902 cartomizers.

Now onto the hit. Even though I said it was better because of it being 1.5 Ohms and dual coil, the first one may have been a dud so to speak. It was filled with Halo Menthol Ice. Last night I filled a second one but with Halo Tribeca. Holy $h!t, it made me cough and the vapor was intense. If Berube is using a LUX, he'll love these because you don't need to inhale as long to get a harder hit.

That said, I'm still not sure if I'll move to these over the excellent new 902 carto because of the reasons I originally posted.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
I'm leery of mega cartos. From past experience, (not ModernVapor's cartos), a dud carto = 2-3ml of wasted juice and I really hate that, but with enough good feedback I'd try them.

I wish I understood the ohms when it comes to dual coils. Are they lr, or standard? I've read so many different explanations, but the science just goes over my head. :facepalm:

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
To clarify dud though, I meant that even though the first one was giving a harder hit than the 902, the second one blew the first away. I realize both had different juice, but I'm fully aware of what to expect from each juice. I know what you ken a though, because I've thought of that as well - but I've never had a bad cartomizer.

As for ohms, I honestly don't know the specs of all the attys or cartos out there, but yes, lower ohms is LR which is low resistance. Using a LR atty on a regular battery should have a similar effect of a regular atty on a higher voltage battery. Put that together with dual coils (two heating elements) and it should vaporize your juice quicker on a normal battery, which should equal less hit needed or a massive hit on the same length drag. Anyone is free to correct me if I didn't make sense.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Oh, I should say though, make sure you take these off the battery to fill. Sometimes I don't but never had a problem. Unless you're really careful, its fairly easy to have juice drip through. I'm really liking these and how long they last. Next, I'll move back to the 902 and try to compare a little more.

Garn, I have to say Tony is the bomb!! I sent my 2 dead lux batts to him and he called me personally and is replacing. Extremely generious as they were 4 months old. We don't know what killed them but may have been the mosfet chip. I was blown away. I ordered xl carots and can't wait to try them. I'm a Modern vapor man for life!! Also have some malibu ment. coming. Oh! I can't wait. You guys have been great here on the forum and I just want to say thanks again.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
I'm leery of mega cartos. From past experience, (not ModernVapor's cartos), a dud carto = 2-3ml of wasted juice and I really hate that, but with enough good feedback I'd try them.

I wish I understood the ohms when it comes to dual coils. Are they lr, or standard? I've read so many different explanations, but the science just goes over my head. :facepalm:

Nat, I never waste juice. I just pull out iwth a syringe or pull out filler and put into a syringe without a needle and squeese into my spare bottle. Great mixing as well.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Another bump for tony and the gang at modern vapor!! I'm getting up early and heading to the p.o. Box to find my new batts and juice. Can't wait. My fellow vapor ordered some atty's from his supplier by mistake as he needed cartos so i am going to let him try the new xl's i ordered from you so he will find new love. Another customer for you guys. Thanks for the service!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread