Status
Not open for further replies.

K1NGP1N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Bluegrass State
Hey guys/gals,

This is my first post on this forum. Glad to be here. I just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions and get some feedback.

The reason I found this site and joined is because I am about to buy my first starter kit, but first a little background why.

I have been dipping for about 7 years now and I decided its time to stop. I have tried before and to be short it sucked. I read some things on the internet about people using e-cigs to help them stop dipping. I figured I could give it a shot. I know the addiction is both physical and mental but I think once I get past the mental part it will be easier but something to help with the physical part like e-cigs sounds like a good idea.

So first question; Do you all think e-cigs would help me quit dipping?

Second question; I am looking at the Joye 510-T starter kit. Is this a good one for a beginner?

Thanks for reading this if you did and I will appreciate any responses.

KP

analogbgone

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Texas
Hi Kingpin Welcome! I have to say I think ecigs could help you quit dipping. I don't dip but my husband used to. I quit smoking and started vaping . He quit dipping and doesn't vape. That is the kit I started with after a couple of cig-alike kits. I used it for a couple of years. It helped me and was pretty simple. I have to say I still have the original batteries and still use them daily, although I moved to a mod a few months ago. I still like the Joyetechs but I use small tanks on those batteries now and not the atomizers.

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
I don't doubt that e cigs will help to replace the nicotine you crave. Keep in mind that the delivery is not as instantaneous (as cigarettes... I never really dipped so don't know how instant the gratification is). With e cigs, it's good to vape before you feel the need for nicotine.

That said, once I started vaping I never once experienced any anxiety or "I kill you MF" anger that was normally associated with nicotine withdrawal.

That's about all I've got, since I never dipped. Good luck with it!

K1NGP1N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Bluegrass State
Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna order the kit tomorrow and hope to start vaping and quit dipping next week.

Also I was looking at the Vivi Nova or Mini Vivi Nova for the Joye 510-T. Would that be a good idea? I noticed the attys for the Joye 510 are kinda expensive were as the attys for the Vivi Nova are fairly cheap. Thoughts/Opinions?

Again, thanks for the replies/tips/encouraging words.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Second question; I am looking at the Joye 510-T starter kit. Is this a good one for a beginner?

I would advise you NOT to buy that. I bought one a few months into Vaping thinking it "ticked some boxes" for me, but it didn't.
That batteries are quite nice, but the rest is appalling.

Please get an eGo battery. Give yourself a realistic chance.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Also I was looking at the Vivi Nova or Mini Vivi Nova for the Joye 510-T. Would that be a good idea? I noticed the attys for the Joye 510 are kinda expensive were as the attys for the Vivi Nova are fairly cheap. Thoughts/Opinions?

Same answer, I'm afraid. A full sized Vivi Nova is BIG. Even a mini one is unsuitable for a slim 510 battery.
Buy an eGo.... anything will do.

Oh yes, and the Joyetech atomizers are expensive. It's part of the great plan to keep vapers in the "fold".

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
You can get a simple eGo (twist or a vv/vw as this will allow you to adjust for your flavor intensity) battery and an EVOD tank. Both are very reliable and simple to use. There is a lot of equipment out there that may be better but your focus should be on enjoying your vaping not on trying to get your equipment to work. There will be plenty of time and money once you get the nic habit under control to expand your horizons. That is my:2c:

K1NGP1N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Bluegrass State
Thanks for the replies. Like I said I am brand new to this and really don't want to spend a lot right off the bat. I kinda just want to get my foot in the door. I really don't know how long I will even do this. TBH I want to quit the dipping habit and then quit vaping. At least that is the plan.

Sorry my lingo and stuff may not be good but I was also looking at getting the bigger battery for the Joy 510-T and was looking to get the Vision SVT Vivi Nova tank for the Joye 510 since it can hold more liquid and the atties are cheaper for it.

Thank you all for the recommendations and replies.

Great suggestions with the post above.

If there are any B&M shops around you, give them a shot. Get your hands on some VV or twists mentioned above, and sample some flavors. You might want to stick to some type of tobacco or menthol, or you might just enjoy something fruity, sweet, etc.

Either way good luck, and welcome :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Sorry my lingo and stuff may not be good but I was also looking at getting the bigger battery for the Joy 510-T and was looking to get the Vision SVT Vivi Nova tank for the Joye 510 since it can hold more liquid and the atties are cheaper for it.

I realize my posts are possibly confusing, but it doesn't make sense to put a tank of this size on a 510 battery.
A 510 battery is a slimline battery intended to use with baby atomizers or 510 cartomizers.
The Vision STV Nova is a BIG tank that requires a fairly large battery to look right and plenty of power to make it vape well.
The "top" Joyetech 510 battery is probably 280mAh, maybe they do 300 these days.

I used the mini Nova on 1,100mAh eGo batteries when I quit smoking. It was a decent set-up.

What you are planning is using a bigger tank on a smaller battery.

K1NGP1N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Bluegrass State
I realize my posts are possibly confusing, but it doesn't make sense to put a tank of this size on a 510 battery.
A 510 battery is a slimline battery intended to use with baby atomizers or 510 cartomizers.
The Vision STV Nova is a BIG tank that requires a fairly large battery to look right and plenty of power to make it vape well.
The "top" Joyetech 510 battery is probably 280mAh, maybe they do 300 these days.

I used the mini Nova on 1,100mAh eGo batteries when I quit smoking. It was a decent set-up.

What you are planning is using a bigger tank on a smaller battery.

What about this; Joyetech Joye eGo-Tank XXL 1000mAh Battery *Lockable + Joyetech eGo Rapid USB Charger + Vision Vivi Nova

Edit: Or what do you guys think of this set up; http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_1000mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tstxl.htm + USB charger + Vivi Nova

This way I can just cut out the starter kit all together and save a little money.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Yes! Something like that would be great. :)

One of those with a Nova tank would be a great start.

The only question that needs an answer (I can't help) is - is that a 3.3v battery or 3.7v battery? It will make a difference.

The reason why people use VV (variable voltage) batteries is to increase vapour output. I use 3.7 volts most of the time (regardless of which battery/mod). If these are 3.3v, then they might not give you the best vapour.

Somebody? :)

K1NGP1N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Bluegrass State

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
To confuse you further, here is another suggestion. I think it is vitally important that you have more than one battery. Otherwise you will be sitting with nothing to use while the battery charges. Also, if your one and only battery malfunctions for some reason, you are out of luck, with nothing to use.

Here is a link to a very nice Ego starter kit that comes with two batteries, a charger, and two toppers. It's made by Kanger, which is a good brand. You will have everything you need to get started except the juice. I ordered this to start with, and I still use it with success. I also ordered one like it for my granddaughter.

If you use the code ECF at checkout, you get 10% off, which makes it about $30, and the shipping is free. This is a reliable vendor who ships quickly with good customer service should you need it.

Kanger EVOD eGo Full Kit - Vaping Me

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Thank you. Looks like a good piece to me. Just a question; if I wanted to get a Vivi Nova for the Kanger kit will it work okay?

Hope someone else can answer that for you. I don't know about the Vivi Nova. There are lots of toppers around with what is called "ego" threading that will fit on these batteries, though. I like using the Evod clearomizers that came with it, and even ordered several more of them so I can have some filled and ready with different juices to rotate throughout the day.

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Another suggestion for kanger evod starter kit. The top coil vivi nova may or may not be a good place to start. They are top coil with extending wicks that you have to keep wet. Remember also, that for you quitting doesn't have to mean zero smokeless tobacco (skoal). Find the nicotine level that will satisfy the craving and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread