New: Smokeless Image Volt Big Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
I got the 900 mah version. It's longer than I really like. I just ordered the 650 mah version for using when I go out. I'm worried that the 900 mah might fall out of my pocket and get lost.

I love everything else about it. I think I've finally found my perfect battery!

I hadn't heard that batteries that charge through a USB don't last as long. I'm not charging mine that way, I'm plugging the usb cable into a wall adaptor. I hope that makes a difference.

Phyre

Apr 11, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
I've recently got my 1st Volt X2 650mAh and I love it. I usually don't use the passthrough function, but on occasions I have used it while plugged into my laptop.
Ego cones do fit it but need some modding in order to use the cone with cartos. It seems that the fit of an unmodded cone is a little too tight to get good air flow. I took my Dremel to it and ground off about 1/16 inch from the top of the cone. This left just enough space around the carto for good air flow.
I've also picked up an eGo-W the other day. While cleaning it, I noticed that the "Eliq" clearomizer uses the eGo threads and not the 510 threads on the battery, so I popped the thing on my X2 batt and it works like a champ (or as good as the Eliq carto can... still not a big fan of it). I'm thinking that if there are any other attys/cartos/other stuff that connect using the eGo cone threads might work on this thing too. I wonder if the eGo-C head and cone will work?

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
I've recently got my 1st Volt X2 650mAh and I love it. I usually don't use the passthrough function, but on occasions I have used it while plugged into my laptop.
Ego cones do fit it but need some modding in order to use the cone with cartos. It seems that the fit of an unmodded cone is a little too tight to get good air flow. I took my Dremel to it and ground off about 1/16 inch from the top of the cone. This left just enough space around the carto for good air flow.
I've also picked up an eGo-W the other day. While cleaning it, I noticed that the "Eliq" clearomizer uses the eGo threads and not the 510 threads on the battery, so I popped the thing on my X2 batt and it works like a champ (or as good as the Eliq carto can... still not a big fan of it). I'm thinking that if there are any other attys/cartos/other stuff that connect using the eGo cone threads might work on this thing too. I wonder if the eGo-C head and cone will work?

I found that using plain stainless steel cartos will fit through a cone, but the cartos with the colored sticker over them require modifying the cone.

hs3000

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Saint Louis
It's using it as a passthrough that wears on the battery. It's better to use a hard wired passthrough if you plan on using one at your computer and save the expensive volts. I did order a 650, just to try out. With the sale, it was actually a good deal.

Curious why this is? I have always heard that heat and deep discharge were the only things that prematurely killed
Lithium Ion batteries and that partial recharge didn't affect them unless you kept it plugged in for extended periods..

I also have the 650 Volt battery. It is a bit longer than other 650's but last me the majority of a day (1.5~2 ml)
so I am very happy with it! :vapor:

hs

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Txtumbleweed says his 650 is the same length as the echo 1300 but I think that includes the threads. We joked that he might have gotten the 900 by accident. I should be getting mine tomorrow. I'll take some pics, if I have time.

I see we are all on the same hunt across multiple threads so I'll answer that here.
650=3 5/8th" and 1300 is 4 5/8th"

Last edited:

DSL

Jun 13, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Thanks Charlz. That's huge for a 650. I just measured my 800 Leo at 3 1/2", which also is pass-thru and has recessed threading at that. And I always thought it was a quite a large battery. Come to think of it ... a Leo automatic would be the ultimate IMO. Style and class and longevity. Yes, I quess we are still on a quest for the perfect auto.

Txtumbleweed says his 650 is the same length as the echo 1300 but I think that includes the threads. We joked that he might have gotten the 900 by accident. I should be getting mine tomorrow. I'll take some pics, if I have time.

I see we are all on the same hunt across multiple threads so I'll answer that here.
650=3 5/8th" and 1300 is 4 5/8th"

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
Catmom and others with these big batts from SI:
Actually how long are they? Could somebody measure from end to end (in inches) the battery itself without carto. I'd like measurements for the 650 and the 900?
Thanks in advance!

The 900 is 4-3/16 inches. When I put an Elite carto on it, it's 6-5/16 inches long! I should be getting my 650 this afternoon, but I see Charlz has already posted that it's 3-5/8 inches. I know I saw the measurements in mm for all 3 somewhere. I knew the 900 would probably be too long, but I was worried that the 650 wouldn't last me all day when I head out on Saturday or Sunday and I want fiddle-free vaping all day. I'll find out if it does tomorrow.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
My X2 650 only lasted one charge and then it wouldn't take a charge. It vaped good but I couldn't tell any difference than my Echo. SI does have good customer service and they are sending me another one with no questions asked. I am very happy with my echo and just wanted to try a different fat auto battery for comparison. I will be sticking with my Echo 1300's being as they are half the price of the X2 1300 and the X2 1300 is just too long for my Kuwako.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread