Recommend a new tank for me to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
The T10 and X6 can be run at the same wattage. smok recommends that the best range for the X6 is 80-100 watts and the T10 80-110 watts so I think it is safe to say 80 watts should work fine for you. These coils just need a good amount of watts to make them come alive. Look at the bright side; at least now you can actually use those higher watts your mod provides but you never used. :)

Also how old are your batteries? I only ask because as batteries age they can lose some of their oompf. Batteries do get tired.

View attachment 725615

Good to know. Just bought 2 sets of batteries but who knows how long they were on shelf in warehouse or vape store. Do they have dates on them to check? I never noticed any.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
To be honest, I've never checked, but I just grabbed one of my Samsungs and peered at all the lettering. I can't find a "born on" date. I know they are stored with a partial charge, and if I put any of my mods that are internal or batteries aside, I do it when they are at 2/3 charge, I think they store better that way. I think you can store them for a WHILE, under the right conditions, but I'd imagine that it would have to be a really, really elderly battery to arrive "new" and not hold a charge. I forget how long batteries can hold a charge, but it's a fair amount of time. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Snicks

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
The Uwell crown is a great tank. I’ve gotten 4 pack of coils for $8 and they last for a month easy. 1 coil lasts a month I mean. Great flavor no leaks. I love the .5 coils but there is .25, both dual SS, and a 1.2(I think) or 1.4, 1 of the 2 that is kanthal. It’s been around awhile so the tank and coils are very inexpensive for a great tank.

The original crown tank is my favorite.

I've been using Crown Minis on my Pico Resins for a couple of months (I discovered them WAY too late). I just changed a coil (the SS 0.5ohm) to a new one after running almost an entire 100ml bottle of (mostly clear) liquid through it (took me about a month to do that). Was going strong the whole time, until the flavor on my hits were suddenly way off last night. Took a look and coil was black. BTW, I was really lazy last night and didn't feel like going through the whole coil priming ritual, so I just filled the tank and put it in my purse last overnight to soak up all by itself... Coil was rockin' this morning with no fuss! :headbang:

I hadn't tried TC on my Picos (AF software) very often because every tank (drop in coils) that I seemed to try would kick me out of TC... Apparently, not with these Crown coils though! :thumbs: I may still need to tweek it, but 40w at 430F is working well so far.

Last edited:

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Every time you use and then charge a battery the life shortens. Every charge does this and the 18650 battery i think has a life cycle of 500 charges. Meaning you should get good solid performance up to that point and then the battery will decline further over time.

I usually run a set for 2 years and replace. Depending on the battery I might replace after the first 1.5 years. That's just me though.

• Useful

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Every time you use and then charge a battery the life shortens. Every charge does this and the 18650 battery i think has a life cycle of 500 charges. Meaning you should get good solid performance up to that point and then the battery will decline further over time.
That is only partially true

• Li-Ion batteries do not need to be discharged occasionally all the way down in order to keep them in top condition. Li-Ion batteries do not suffer from "memory". This is only needed for NiCd (nickel-cadmium) or NiMH (nickel metal hydride) batteries.
    • Partial discharging and recharging multiple times is better for long battery life than discharging all the way down to where the mod indicates "low battery" and then recharging."
How can we extend the life of our batteries?

Liquid9

Mystic Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Panama City, FL
I have tried out many many tanks. All the crown tanks were a let down in coil longevity in my own experience. I recently bought a new mod and two new tanks to go with it. The mod I got is the SMOK Mag which came with a SMOK Prince tank. I’m using the Q4 coil and on day three it started giving me a dry hit on my initial drag after some downtime of not using it. Other than that it still taste pretty good.

The real winner is the other tank I purchased. The Falcon tank by Horizon. I started with the M4 which is their mesh coil. The wicking material is 70% cotton and 30% wood pulp. I won’t go into many details because you can go look at reviews for that. The cotton is starting to darken some but the flavor is still outstanding. This is coming from someone who likes to chain vape. This coil wicks very well. Going on seven days.

So, in conclusion, the Falcon is my favorite tank that I have used to date for superior flavor, great vapor production and longevity of coils. I haven’t tried the other coils yet, but plan on it when this one drops the ball. I’ll keep everyone updated and let me know if you have any questions.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I have tried out many many tanks. All the crown tanks were a let down in coil longevity in my own experience. I recently bought a new mod and two new tanks to go with it. The mod I got is the SMOK Mag which came with a SMOK Prince tank. I’m using the Q4 coil and on day three it started giving me a dry hit on my initial drag after some downtime of not using it. Other than that it still taste pretty good.

The real winner is the other tank I purchased. The Falcon tank by Horizon. I started with the M4 which is their mesh coil. The wicking material is 70% cotton and 30% wood pulp. I won’t go into many details because you can go look at reviews for that. The cotton is starting to darken some but the flavor is still outstanding. This is coming from someone who likes to chain vape. This coil wicks very well. Going on seven days.

So, in conclusion, the Falcon is my favorite tank that I have used to date for superior flavor, great vapor production and longevity of coils. I haven’t tried the other coils yet, but plan on it when this one drops the ball. I’ll keep everyone updated and let me know if you have any questions.

First I will say my experience has been completely different from yours with the Prince coils. I'm getting great flavor and no dry hits at all and the coils I have tried are lasting a long time.

That said, you mentioned the Falcon tank and after looking into it I just placed an order for one and an additional pack of the M1 coils. The prince tank is by far the best flavor producer I have ever used besides an RDA and if this Falcon is even better? Then I will be stoked.

Last edited:

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I’m excited to hear your feedback on the Falcon. I like the prince tank, it has good flavor. I’m not getting anymore dry hits from it which is weird, but from what I’ve heard and read it seems like the T6 is the best coil for it. What coil do you like the best?

I will definitely provide my feedback in this thread once I have the Falcon and test it.
I think you mean the X6. The prince options are; Q4, X6, and T10. The X6 is the one I like best. It closely performs as well as the T10 (which provides the best flavor IMO) but doesn't suck quite as much juice. The Q4 is fine but it does not produce the flavor output that the X6 and T10 does. All three of these coils are not that far off from each other though. The X6 for me is the sweet spot.

Last edited:

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
So I received my Falcon today.

I put some fresh batteries in my XPRIV and MAG mods, put a fresh coil in the Prince tank and filled both the prince and falcon up with my favorite DIY juice.

I have to say at this time it is hard to decide which is better. The juice tastes slightly different between the two coils. The Falcon hits super smooth. Smoother than the prince but flavor wise the Prince seems to stand out a bit with more distinct flavors. On the Prince I can taste the coconut, pineapple an mango easily. The Falcon those same flavors taste more blended if that even makes sense. Man..its tuff. I can taste the flavors in the falcon for sure but it just doesn't seem that the individual flavors pop out. Its blended but tastes fantastic and it is a smoother vape for sure. Smooth is a good thing IMO.

I'm going to let both these coils use up a tank and then come back with my final impression. So far though it is a keeper for sure. Both these tanks put out better flavor than my RDA (which I admit is a cheap $10 RDA)

Liquid9

Mystic Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Panama City, FL
Yea they are different but both good. One of the things I liked the most about the Falcon is that I didn’t have any break in time with the coil. The first hit was good, tasted a little off, but by the second hit it tasted great. I’m curious about how much airflow you are using on both and what you are running it at? I usually stick around 70-74 with the airflow closed just a tiny bit on the Falcon and about a quarter closed on the Prince. I like the M1 coil better than the F1 on the Falcon. I want to try the others to see how they are. Still need to get a X6 to try out on the Prince.

Last edited:

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
So I have been vaping for nearly 5 years now. I've played around with everything. used to build my own coils and all that jazz. After a couple of years I decided I just want a good tank with an easily obtained and cheap cost coil that I can just replace as needed.

That led me to the Tobecco Super Tank and I have been using it daily for a very long time. These tanks are built like a tank. Never an issue ever. I own three super tanks and use aspire nautilus coils in it. I always thought this was about the best I would get...until I had to buy a mod while away on vacation and it came with the SMOK TFV8 Big Baby.

This tank has amazing flavor. I mean just amazing but it only lasts a week before the flavor dies off and I need to change the coil. When I used the Super Tank/Nautilus coil combo the coil would last about a month. Sure flavor died off towards the end but it was not too bad. I find that the SMOK coils once the flavor starts to go down that it just tastes like crap so I change coils weekly.

The other thing I hate is how SMOK has the hinge top. It opens in my pocket all the damn time and once that happens it leaks everywhere. I hate the hinged top. That said; this tank and coil is so good when it comes to flavor. I have a hard time going back to the Super Tank now.

So I want a tank that holds a minimum of 5ml and has a great coil that is sub ohm and fairly priced in packs of 4-5 per carton.

Can anyone recommend a super flavorful tank/coil combo? I think it would have to be a somewhat mainstream popular tank coil system so buying additional coils will not be any issue. Oh and I love airflow. My vents are always fully open.

I really do not keep up with all this stuff and haven't since 2014. I'm more likely to walk in a shop and just tell the guy to recommend something and then buy it as do research and buy a load of tanks, mods, coils as I used to do.
Try the unwell crown 3. Has 5ml capacity, looks great and has excellent and long lasting coils. A .5 that’s 70-80 and a .25 that’s 80-90. Has good flavor and decent clouds. Only thing is that it does pulls around 6.2 volts to hit 90 watts on the .25. If you want something bigger I recommend the smok TFV8 full size. Good flavor and huge clouds even at lower wattages 80-100. You can use the smok coils or you have a huge selection of coils from different brands as well including
  • Eleaf ERL RBA
  • Eleaf ERLQ coils
  • Eleaf ES coils [100W Pick! - Impressive 140ml lifespan]
  • Geekvape i1+i4 coils
  • Horizontech DUOS coils
  • Horizontech Arco A6 coils
  • Horizontech Arco T6 coils
  • OBS V OCCoils
  • Sense Blazer 200 coils
  • SMOK TFV8 coils
The smoke t6 is my favorite smok coil and the horizon tech arco 2 coils are my number one favorite. The reason I love this tank so much is easy hinge fill system, gigantic selection of coils from various brands, looks great, does not leak if you screw coil to chimney first, can run coils at lower wattages and still get great performance, has 6ml capacity, Deleon wide bore drip tip and huge airflow. I have some videos on YouTube showing different TFV8 in action at various wattages if you want to take a look. Look up Aaron P TFV8 for my new vids! Good luck

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Thanks Ashkicker; the Crown III was definitely on my list of tanks to try and will most likely find its way to my house eventually. For now though I recently purchased the two Prince and one Falcon tank so I will play with those for awhile but you make a valid point with the flexibility of the Crown.

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
Thanks Ashkicker; the Crown III was definitely on my list of tanks to try and will most likely find its way to my house eventually. For now though I recently purchased the two Prince and one Falcon tank so I will play with those for awhile but you make a valid point with the flexibility of the Crown.
Well if you have a falcon tank that is almost identical to a smok baby beast in coil size. I use the Horizontech arco 2 coils in my full size TFV8 which are amazing. They are a sextuple design and make more flavor and just ... big of clouds as a TFV8 t6 coil at about 30 less watts. I have videos on YouTube of me vaping my TFV8 with the q4 and x4 coils on my voopoo drag. I can send u a link?

• Useful

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
Also the TFV8 is the flexible tank with the list of coils I put down for the TFV8 NOT the crown 3 lol

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I own the TFV8 already. Yeah I misunderstood your post. I know of the additional coils (at least some of them) that work with it. I do not like that tank though due to the hinged top that doesn't lock. It opens in my pocket all the time spilling juice. That tank has been retired. Not to mention the Prince is much better IMO.

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
I own the TFV8 already. Yeah I misunderstood your post. I know of the additional coils (at least some of them) that work with it. I do not like that tank though due to the hinged top that doesn't lock. It opens in my pocket all the time spilling juice. That tank has been retired. Not to mention the Prince is much better IMO.
Yes the prince is very nice but my theory with the prince coils vs cloud beast coils is that since the cloud beast coils are rated like 3 Times height that means they are designed to wick much much quicker than the prince coils. I use a vape band to hole my swivel shut on my also. Have you tried the horizon arco coils in ur TFV8 yet? They are the absolute best imo

• Useful

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
Yes the prince is very nice but my theory with the prince coils vs cloud beast coils is that since the cloud beast coils are rated like 3 Times higher in wattage that means they are designed to wick much much quicker than the prince coils. I use a vape band to hole my swivel shut on my also. Have you tried the horizon arco coils in ur TFV8 yet? They are the absolute best imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread