Recommend a new tank for me to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
So I had to go to 85 to get best results. This is a 70vg/30pg juice. I have just never vaped so high before. I bought a brand new pack of v10 coils and now I’m worried that will require at least 100w. My daughter swears by those and only does 80w so I guess I’ll see when I try it next.
From what I know, the Prince is pretty on par with the Big Baby Beast and only takes *slightly* larger coils (I own the Big Baby). I typically vape between 75w and 80w, get TONS of vapor and flavor, and no throat hit. I'm guessing that is probably the sweet spot on the Prince as well. You'll be fine with this if you use a device that takes two 18650 batteries. I only have to change batteries once a day, late in the evening, and I vape a TON.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
I own the TFV8 already. Yeah I misunderstood your post. I know of the additional coils (at least some of them) that work with it. I do not like that tank though due to the hinged top that doesn't lock. It opens in my pocket all the time spilling juice. That tank has been retired. Not to mention the Prince is much better IMO.
Interestingly my BBB's hinged top never has issues opening without me actually opening it, due to it having a slight click to it that requires pressure to open it. I'm guessing there are versions without this, or that it wears out, and this is the source of issues with it opening on its own. As someone else mentioned, I would just put a vape ring on it and be on my merry way. It's too good of a tank for me to allow something like that get in my way of using it.

• Useful

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Interestingly my BBB's hinged top never has issues opening without me actually opening it, due to it having a slight click to it that requires pressure to open it. I'm guessing there are versions without this, or that it wears out, and this is the source of issues with it opening on its own. As someone else mentioned, I would just put a vape ring on it and be on my merry way. It's too good of a tank for me to allow something like that get in my way of using it.

Mine has a slight click as well. But I work in a warehouse and though I'm the boss, i tend to be bending down frequently at work and at home. I carry it in my pocket and find it has opened many times making a juice mess in my pocket. Hate it. Other than that I love the tank. Because I liked the flavor this tank put out is the reason I jumped on the prince. It has a locking hinge lid which works perfectly. Also the coils last MUCH longer than the beast SMOK coils and the flavor is better with the new coils too but not by a lot.

Last edited:

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
Mine has a slight click as well. But I work in a warehouse and though I'm the boss, i tend to be bending down frequently at work and at home. I carry it in my pocket and find it has opened many times making a juice mess in my pocket. Hate it. Other than that I love the tank. Because I liked the flavor this tank put out is the reason I jumped on the prince. It has a locking hinge lid which works perfectly. Also the coils last MUCH longer than the beast SMOK coils and the flavor is better with the new coils too but not by a lot.
Okay, I see... I guess the difference is that I don't carry it in my pocket to put pressure on that and make it pop open.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
So today the Falcon randomly just leaked a crap load of juice. I have read reviews where people complained about this. I re-tightened everything and so far so good. Flavor is still subdued compared to prince but maybe in a better way. It is so smooth I think I might choose it as my fav. Subdued is maybe a harsh word. This tank is great...to be continued...

Liquid9

Mystic Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Panama City, FL
Mine leaked slightly but I think it’s because you have to make sure the bottom is super tight. If it’s not tight you can look at the black o-ring on the bottom or whatever color you have and see little air bubbles trapped between it and the glass. If it’s tightened all the way you won’t see this.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm glad you are liking the Prince tank, it seems to be pretty well-liked generally and has a lot of flexible options....

I don't like "hinged" things in tanks, generally, although I guess it is an interesting way to fill. I'm sure something like that could open in my purse and I would not be happy... .:)

Anna

Reactions: Snicks

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
From what I know, the Prince is pretty on par with the Big Baby Beast

For me, better if for nothing else, the locking swivel fill cap and the larger fill hole. As for flavor comparison.....

Also the coils last MUCH longer than the beast SMOK coils and the flavor is better with the new coils too but not by a lot

So far, I agree with longer coil life. But I confess, I do have one flavor that went back into the BBB cause it just tastes better there to me (BBB with Baby T8 coil and Prince running the T10 coils). Attributing that to that particular juice.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
You can get a bubble tank for the Cleto that makes its capacity larger (no idea where, it was my kiddo's tank, gifted to me when he quit vaping) and that may be possible for the Cleito EXO, but I'm not sure. Just wanted to throw that out there....

Anna

There is no bubble extension for the EXO. That would interfere with the top airflow design

• Informative

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
So I have used the Falcon tank for over a week now and it has become my main. Compared to the prince it is just a smoother vape. Good flavor and smooth. The prince is the better made tank and of course holds more juice. Both the prince and falcon put out good flavor. The prince offers a more detailed flavor vape while the Falcon puts out good flavor that tastes more blended and smooth.

This is pretty much what I said earlier in the thread. I find that when I need to grab a tank I tend to grab the Falcon first. The stock coil seems to be doing great. Over 10 days later and the flavor tastes just as good as day one. Thats pretty cool.

Now on to the bad. The tank did gush juice out on me once. After making sure everything is tight it hasn't gushed since but it does seep juice out. Every time I take the tank off I see juice under the tank. I know it is not caused by me not tightening everything properly. I think the seals in this tank just aren't up to the standards I have come to expect. If I tighten this tank any more I will break it. So considering it doesn't leak enough to run down the mod I will put up with it. The tank is great otherwise.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
UPDATE:

So I just replaced the first coil on the Falcon. I feel like it could have been used longer but considering the first coil lasted well over a month...I'm stoked.

Super jealous!! My smok prince tanks get maybe 4 days my crown original the same and my tobeco a week. Clearly I’m the problem. Lol

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Super jealous!! My smok prince tanks get maybe 4 days my crown original the same and my tobeco a week. Clearly I’m the problem. Lol

4 days?! Mine last 3-4 weeks easily. I vape at 75 watts w/ X6 coils.

Honestly if I only got 4 days out of my prince coils I'd toss the prince tanks in the trash and use something else.

How many ml's of juice did you run through it?

I vape 25ml a day easily. More on weekends. (Thank god I make my own juice).

The Falcon is used every day as my main. I also run two prince tanks at home and usually have two mods going and I vape on the Falcon and one or the other of the Princes at the same time. Example: Take a vape off the falcon, next vape off the prince...and so on. I like having a couple different juices going at once. Change it up often.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
4 days?! Mine last 3-4 weeks easily. I vape at 75 watts w/ X6 coils.

Honestly if I only got 4 days out of my prince coils I'd toss the prince tanks in the trash and use something else.

I vape 25ml a day easily. More on weekends. (Thank god I make my own juice).

The Falcon is used every day as my main. I also run two prince tanks at home and usually have two mods going and I vape on the Falcon and one or the other of the Princes at the same time. Example: Take a vape off the falcon, next vape off the prince...and so on. I like having a couple different juices going at once. Change it up often.

Smok x6 coils on the Prince tank? I use dessert and fruit flavors they don’t burn but they gunk quickly. I read to soak them in vodka so I did and big mistake I felt like I was getting tipsy on the inhale.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Smok x6 coils on the Prince tank? I use dessert and fruit flavors they don’t burn but they gunk quickly. I read to soak them in vodka so I did and big mistake I felt like I was getting tipsy on the inhale.

I vape mainly fruits and a few fruit/dessert mixes. I have had pretty good luck so far with the Prince coils.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread