New TC mod - Invader mini - specs online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
So I got home from work and had an email from Vape NW to say they were sorry I was having problems and for me to send a picture of my issue so they could better assist me. The Invader Mini powered up briefly this morning but said I had an atomizer short, I changed coils on the atomizer (3 different coils) I also tried a different tank. The screen when it did light up still said atomizer short even though everything would work on my other mods. It flickered it's last little bit of life and died in my arms, I never even got to take a toodle puff. I don't know what a DOA mod picture is supposed to show but I sent them a picture of the dead body anyway. I have a bad feeling that I just purchased a $50 brick. Really, you want pictures of a DOA mod:glare: I will see what the next email brings, they may want me to do an autopsy.

I will keep everyone posted and hopefully they will resolve my issue quickly, if not everyone will hear about it, the power of social media can have devastating effects.:danger:

I had a Sigelei mini that I purchased from Vape NW that would randomly just keep firing until you pulled the battery out. The firs time it happened I took a pull and set the mod on my desk and didn't notice for a while, the atomizer was almost red hot. I got lucky the battery didn't go thermal. I reached out for them, explained what was happening and asked for an exchange and got the same song. I explained that I didn't think continuing to use the device was a smart thing to do and it was random. I was told without it I would get no exchange.

I tossed it. I buy a fairly decent amount of gear and when I find a good vendor they get my dollars, Vape NW will only see me as a one timer.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
I don't think I'm allergic to nickel but don't really know for sure. I don't wear nickel jewelry, or a lot of jewelry at all. I was surprised I could taste it after 50 years of Marlboros. Guess I'd have to get my ears or nose pierced and try nickel rings, but at my age that doesn't appeal to me much.

Septum ring! Come on! Do it!

Reactions: awsum140

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I had a Sigelei mini that I purchased from Vape NW that would randomly just keep firing until you pulled the battery out. The firs time it happened I took a pull and set the mod on my desk and didn't notice for a while, the atomizer was almost red hot. I got lucky the battery didn't go thermal. I reached out for them, explained what was happening and asked for an exchange and got the same song. I explained that I didn't think continuing to use the device was a smart thing to do and it was random. I was told without it I would get no exchange.

I tossed it. I buy a fairly decent amount of gear and when I find a good vendor they get my dollars, Vape NW will only see me as a one timer.
Actually, I reached out on facebook with a private message and they got with their customer service and my new one is in the mail. I have mine packaged up for the post office now. They explained they needed a picture for their records, so that's fine they have several pictures and a short video and I have a new Invader coming. I could of changed to something else, but what I wanted was out of stock and I would of had to pay a restocking fee. so I will give the Invader and Vape NW another chance.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I terms of TC, I think it's a great innovation. I just checked my rebuild log and I built my current build in my Fogger V6 that's on my Invader Mini three weeks ago, tomorrow. That's twenty-one days of two tanks of about 3.5ml per tank, 7ml per day, through it so far. I just checked the coils at the last refill and, yeah, they're dark but there is absolutely no gunk buildup. I've been vaping with my DIY mix that includes caramel cappuccino, chocolate, tobacco absolute, ethyl malotol and a few other flavors. In a VW mod I would be dry burning and re-wicking right now, if not earlier.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Jeesh I was gonna get a V2 because my V1 has nothing but issues since day one but now Im not sure I want the V2 either
errr..why? Because one person posting on a forum had a problem?!?! Dont throw ouyt the baby with the bathwater on this one. These are good devices!!

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Jeesh I was gonna get a V2 because my V1 has nothing but issues since day one but now Im not sure I want the V2 either
I got my first one (v1) two months ago and I absolutely loved it! I decided I need to get some more of them and I didn't really care if they were v1 or v2. I did get two more (v2) and I absolutely love them too. I have about 10 other mods, but these are far my favorites. I use these about 98% of the time now. I even had two tanks just suddenly leak overnight on these mods. And it just makes me smile since I just rinse them under the sink and dry them off. :)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I am anxiously awaiting my new Invader Mini V2 and hoping this one does not have any problems and is as good as everyone has said. I think it is Vape NW's return policy that I find to be a bit vexing. My understanding from my facebook message was that they would facilitate my replacement being sent out , but reading on their website, they have to receive the non-working item back, test that it is having the problem you stated, and then if they are satisfied that there is an issue, they will replace it, if they do not feel there is an issue, you have to pay postage to get it back. I have ordered from other companies who immediately upon being contacted about a problem put a replacement in the mail along with a mailing label for your return item. My current mods are over 2 years old and only one will work with my current coils. The other ones are much older and won't fire anything under 2.1. My halfway decent back-up is on loan to someone in need. If my current mod gives up the ghost right now, I am going to have to pay double to pick something up quick at my local B&M. If Vape NW is not going to send a working mod right away, then I am going to have to order another mod from somewhere else. Not really in my budget this month, but better safe than sorry. I have messaged them to find out if my replacement is indeed the mail and am waiting for a response. It took less than 2 days to receive my broken one, now just have to see how long it takes to send a replacement. This is frustrating. If I do receive the Invader mini I will post a review on the working one.

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks for the comments on VapeNW, but I can't like that post. Have faith, the Invader Mini does seem to be a pretty decent mod.
Sorry, I am just frustrated. I am not saying that Vape NW is a bad company, just that their return policy could be a little more consumer friendly. I am looking at picking something else up for a road trip I am getting ready to take, just in case I have to wait several days for them to send me a working Invader. I am sure I will like it when I get it.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Just found out that the return process on my Invader Mini may take a week or more before a replacement is sent out. I am seriously disappointed but moving on, the New Sigelei 75 watt is now available and I was able to get it for $58.50 with free shipping. I was going to buy both anyway. Hopefully I will have at least 1 new working mod in 2 or 3 days so I have something to fire my new sub ohm tanks with. I really planned on having Invader just for using in my kayak anyway.

Gwardo

Jul 3, 2015
I got my first one (v1) two months ago and I absolutely loved it! I decided I need to get some more of them and I didn't really care if they were v1 or v2. I did get two more (v2) and I absolutely love them too. I have about 10 other mods, but these are far my favorites. I use these about 98% of the time now. I even had two tanks just suddenly leak overnight on these mods. And it just makes me smile since I just rinse them under the sink and dry them off. :)

I love mine had it about 2 mths but it aggravates me when it doesent work right the dam thing has a mind of its own

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I love mine had it about 2 mths but it aggravates me when it doesent work right the dam thing has a mind of its own
What do you mean? My three seem totally predictable to me. Like when it turns off and you wake it up (five clicks) it virtually always wakes up to TC mode. If you wanted wattage mode, I have seen so many horror videos doing so many unnecessary things (like removing the atty, turning off temperature, removing the battery, etc). All you have to do is just fire for about two seconds and it figures it out.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have both v1 and v2 and I have never seen either one to ask if it is a new coil or not. Unless you actually did or it lost the 510 connection somehow. Even if it turns itself off I never seen this yet except the exception I just mentioned. If you are using Kanthal, I really haven't seen any difference whether you say new or same. Nickel can make a huge difference depending on the temperature of the wire. If it is warmer than room temperature and you select new, it always will be hotter than the setting. If you select same (and it really is) it doesn't matter what the temperature of the coil is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread