New to This Forum and Need Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZakkWylde

Sep 22, 2015
Greetings all,

Stumbled upon this forum while researching for my next mod upgrade. Have to say this place is awesome and oozing with information!

Abit about myself,an anolog smoker for 20 years, but have been cutting down gradually since i started vaping. i'm from a place where its not exactly legal to vape. Had a Janty ego a few years back, afterwhich got a Presa 40watt with a Kanger Subtank Mini, and my current setup is a smok M80 with a Billow V2 tank. It seems that as I upgraded my setup, the less analog i light up.. haha.

Now im itching to upgrade to a different mod while still keeping the Billow V2, which to me is awesome btw.

I would like to seek your learned advice on which mod would be a decent upgrade from the M80 at a price point not to steep an increase from the M80.

Thanks and vape on!

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I looked up the m80 and the price point. for that price point or a little bit above you can get the ipv4S. I love mine. this mod can be upgraded from your home computer when firmware upgrade becomes available also includes a wattage increase. the current watts are 120. it has no screws and a quick release battery area for two rechargeable 18650 batteries. I usually go for three days without needing to charge and that's including chain vaping and Sub Ohm vaping. up close the mod is not boxy, fits well in your hand and easy to fire. the mod has several memory settings so you can set different watts for different tanks. it has a crystal clear display that's easy to read. like the m80 it goes down to .1 sub ohm. it runs kanthal, titanium, and nickle wire. it also has temperature control. it's controlled by the newest Yihi chip. it's been dead on accurate in my experience. I've had ZERO issues with mine. in fact I've had ZERO issues with any of the ipv series and I've had the ipv, ipv2, ipv3, and now the ipv4S. these mods for me have been total work horses. I've had NO issues with paint chipping or scratching or ANY problems. I know every one has opinions but for the price point of a little over 60 dollars this mod has a LOT to offer. the ability to upgrade for free online is a great perk. it's a new firmware and wattage increase without having to buy a new unit, temperature control, memory, ability to run three different wires, looks good, fires comfortably, fairly light, carries well, no screws to mess with, clear display, and 120 watts. for that price a better deal would be difficult to find. for the ipv3 I paid 130 dollars and it did much less so I was amazed when I saw the ipv4s for a little over 60 dollars!! please check out this mod online. it's manufacturer is Pioneer 4 You. I know you would not be disappointed. So for this Price Point I don't think you would find a better mod. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @ZakkWylde . Temperature control is the big thing happening now. Just off the top of my head, and in no order, Smok Cube II 160 w TC, Sigelei 150 w tc, Snow Wolf TC, and ipv4s tc.

I'd recommend moving into replaceable battery mods and using a separate independent battery charger to charge batteries.

The 4 mods I listed will all use "pairs" of batteries (and it is highly suggested you marry the pairs, keep them working together). With my Sigelei 150 w I have 3 married pairs of batteries, 1 pair of the mod, 1 charged for back up, and a 3rd pair to charge if needed. That way I always have 2 pair of batteries charged. I use the Nitecore i2 which you can find for 10 to 15 bucks.

Good luck in your decisions.

ZakkWylde

Sep 22, 2015
I looked up the m80 and the price point. for that price point or a little bit above you can get the ipv4S. I love mine. this mod can be upgraded from your home computer when firmware upgrade becomes available also includes a wattage increase. the current watts are 120. it has no screws and a quick release battery area for two rechargeable 18650 batteries. I usually go for three days without needing to charge and that's including chain vaping and Sub Ohm vaping. up close the mod is not boxy, fits well in your hand and easy to fire. the mod has several memory settings so you can set different watts for different tanks. it has a crystal clear display that's easy to read. like the m80 it goes down to .1 sub ohm. it runs kanthal, titanium, and nickle wire. it also has temperature control. it's controlled by the newest Yihi chip. it's been dead on accurate in my experience. I've had ZERO issues with mine. in fact I've had ZERO issues with any of the ipv series and I've had the ipv, ipv2, ipv3, and now the ipv4S. these mods for me have been total work horses. I've had NO issues with paint chipping or scratching or ANY problems. I know every one has opinions but for the price point of a little over 60 dollars this mod has a LOT to offer. the ability to upgrade for free online is a great perk. it's a new firmware and wattage increase without having to buy a new unit, temperature control, memory, ability to run three different wires, looks good, fires comfortably, fairly light, carries well, no screws to mess with, clear display, and 120 watts. for that price a better deal would be difficult to find. for the ipv3 I paid 130 dollars and it did much less so I was amazed when I saw the ipv4s for a little over 60 dollars!! please check out this mod online. it's manufacturer is Pioneer 4 You. I know you would not be disappointed. So for this Price Point I don't think you would find a better mod. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Thanks @realsis for your review on the ipv4s.

Yes, the ipv4s is currently on my radar. Had the opportunity to use it once and it was great. However its direct competitor would be the SMOK X CUBE II which is priced the same where Im at.

the SMOK goes up to 160watts, two batteries and also offers software updates like the ipv4s. It also has bluetooth but Im not really sure what for. Looks wise, it has this LED strip on its trigger and unlike the buttons on most mods, the entire side of the SMOK is the trigger which is pretty cool if you ask me.

That being said, I have yet to get my hands on the SMOK X CUBE II to have a taste and feel, so its pretty hard to make a comparison.

Thanks again sis!

Reactions: realsis

ZakkWylde

Sep 22, 2015
Hi @ZakkWylde . Temperature control is the big thing happening now. Just off the top of my head, and in no order, Smok Cube II 160 w TC, Sigelei 150 w tc, Snow Wolf TC, and ipv4s tc.

I'd recommend moving into replaceable battery mods and using a separate independent battery charger to charge batteries.

The 4 mods I listed will all use "pairs" of batteries (and it is highly suggested you marry the pairs, keep them working together). With my Sigelei 150 w I have 3 married pairs of batteries, 1 pair of the mod, 1 charged for back up, and a 3rd pair to charge if needed. That way I always have 2 pair of batteries charged. I use the Nitecore i2 which you can find for 10 to 15 bucks.

Good luck in your decisions.

Hi @Sir2fyablyNutz

Thanks for your inputs! Out of the 4 you mentioned, i think the Snow Wolf is definitely out for me as Im not really a fan of its size and finish. Will definitely look up the Sigelei 150w though!

And good advice on the batteries! Its something i've been reading up as well. One of the big disadvantage of my current M80 is its built in batteries.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thanks @realsis for your review on the ipv4s.

Yes, the ipv4s is currently on my radar. Had the opportunity to use it once and it was great. However its direct competitor would be the SMOK X CUBE II which is priced the same where Im at.

the SMOK goes up to 160watts, two batteries and also offers software updates like the ipv4s. It also has bluetooth but Im not really sure what for. Looks wise, it has this LED strip on its trigger and unlike the buttons on most mods, the entire side of the SMOK is the trigger which is pretty cool if you ask me.

That being said, I have yet to get my hands on the SMOK X CUBE II to have a taste and feel, so its pretty hard to make a comparison.

Thanks again sis!

The bluetooth on the Smok Cube is so you can adjust the settings with your phone rather than go thru the buttons on the mod. It is also to change the color of the lighted LED strip on the mod. And lastly the bluetooth also allows you to keep multiple settings for different tanks/coils/tc so you can change the settings without going through the buttons (like switching from temp control to a kanthal build).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread