New Vaper - Thoughts on biting the bullet and going straight for a Provari V2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixx

Oct 12, 2012
UK
Hi all

I've been browsing the forum the last few days to get my head around all the options linked to vaping. I hadn't realised there was so much to learn!

I'm not keen on incessantly going through a few e-cigs to break-in to vaping. I would rather just bite the bullet, go through the learning curve once - and go for one that simply works and works well. It is on this basis then that I have chosen the Provari 2..

Thoughts? I was thinking of going for the starter kit on the Provari website (I covered my eyes when viewing the price haha).. but then began to wonder whether, based on your expertise, there are better options?

I would greatly appreciate your advice on what mods I should purchase with the Provari V2 if I were to go against the starter kit i.e. batteries, charger etc etc.

Cheers
RS

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Since you're a beginner, I recommend getting an eGo-Twist. It's a user-friendly, inexpensive and reliable introduction to variable voltage. I own a couple of 650mAh eGo twist batteries and I'm very happy with their performance, form and ease of use.

Once you become familiar with variable voltage and vaping in general, you can always add a Provari to your arsenal. But start small (and cheap :)).

Good luck.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I started with blucig...made me start smoking again cause it was so frustrating. I think your on the right track, youll spend plenty on cartos, clearos, attys and juices that you'll more than make up for the money you didn't spend on various battery housings. The only complaint I have heard, and its fairly infrequent is that it can be heavy, you will rarely see complaints about it.

I would recommend the followign though to make your life easier.

1. get a couple Ego to 510 adapters
2. Spend the extra cash for a good "smart" charger
3. Start with juice samplers, and don't be afraid to try something besides tobacco flavor. Also Id recommend just getting some menthol drops if you were a menthol smoker, you can then add menthol to your taste to any juice.
4. Oh and get a good toolbox or a fishing lure box, trust me youll need it for organization if you are like most vapers.
Get a backup, If your rough with your stuff Id recommend a mechanical backup (I have a Reo and am confident that I CANT break it due to quite a few field problems in various weather conditions and training conditions.) You could also get one of the new SLB or KGO equivalent batteries, they look pretty decent.

Have fun!

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I wouldnt recommend the ego-twist for the same reason motorcycle dealers dont recommend that you buy a small 250cc motorcycle to learn on....youre going to outgrow it fast! Get the Provari starter kit then buy some pre-punched flanged cartos and a phiniac tank you'll be glad you did.

As for backup I got an 1100 MaH ego with minu usb charging port and a mini usb to usb cord to use while on the pc or as an emergency backup for 15 bucks.You can charge on the pc with the usb cord and take it out with you.It hits pretty good with 1.2 ohm lr cartomizers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread