NEW! VISION Grande 5ML Tankomizers in Various Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Oh, I just knew it was going to happen one of these days... Why, or why did it have to happen with Miss Piggy?.. I broke her. :cry:

I don't know if I pushed the plug in too hard or what, but the center post is really loose now, totally easy to shift left and right, and it's leaking from the bottom hole like a faucet.

Is there anything I can do to fix that? I really want to save her life... :blink:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
push it back in

I did, it didn't help. It just wobbles and leaks all over...

P.S. The wobble is really pronounced, it's like something is not attached... I'm not sure how the center post is tied to the bottom here, it feels like whatever the method is, that's what i broke.

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Sorry had to do it... Had to be the first, but I just hate the Grande tip. love every bit of this otherwise. Wake them up and bam!
One sweet vape.
[
6722809467_f40b48ab2e_m.jpg

say adrena that cap there looks just a little bit familiar... come from anywhere i know? ;) ;)
nicely done btw

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Oh, I just knew it was going to happen one of these days... Why, or why did it have to happen with Miss Piggy?.. I broke her. :cry:

I don't know if I pushed the plug in too hard or what, but the center post is really loose now, totally easy to shift left and right, and it's leaking from the bottom hole like a faucet.

Is there anything I can do to fix that? I really want to save her life... :blink:
No sweat happened to me too. Should have had the Grande on the batt when putting the cup back on... I pushed the post all the way out the bottom :oops: for a bit I could not get a seal to form on the batt end. But with a bit of sunlight and a needle I fixed it.....

First watch the wires you don't want to twist them off. Don't turn the post too much..;)
On the lower end there's a small rubber seal... the connecting nub to the batt has air holes.. look at the seal through the holes post pushed out... If yours is as mine was you will most likely see one of the holes IS NOT showing the rubber as much at the other? Thats the problem side leaking on you.. shoving the post in and out had moved the seal... So use the needle to lower the seal through the hole to cover half of the hole. Gently slide the post back up. Now the seal moved a little more up but if you look real closely you can still see it there in the top of the air holes...
Put on batt and "then" put on the top rubber cup >.< fill till you just see the juice and suck for a min (no power) to check for leaks.. One try moving the seal with a needle and mine was good to go. :2c:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Thanks so much, Adrena -

I'll do this tomorrow, when there is more light. Wish me luck. :) I'm not the most coordinated person in the world... :blush:

No sweat happened to me too. Should have had the Grande on the batt when putting the cup back on... I pushed the post all the way out the bottom :oops: for a bit I could not get a seal to form on the batt end. But with a bit of sunlight and a needle I fixed it.....

First watch the wires you don't want to twist them off. Don't turn the post too much..;)
On the lower end there's a small rubber seal... the connecting nub to the batt has air holes.. look at the seal through the holes post pushed out... If yours is as mine was you will most likely see one of the holes IS NOT showing the rubber as much at the other? Thats the problem side leaking on you.. shoving the post in and out had moved the seal... So use the needle to lower the seal through the hole to cover half of the hole. Gently slide the post back up. Now the seal moved a little more up but if you look real closely you can still see it there in the top of the air holes...
Put on batt and "then" put on the top rubber cup >.< fill till you just see the juice and suck for a min (no power) to check for leaks.. One try moving the seal with a needle and mine was good to go. :2c:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
just remeber this everyone, youll see a common theme all over ecf, people will first use a product and not like it, then many persist and then you hear, after using it for a little while its really cranking now, this goes for products form 510 atomizers to stone tanks to anything else form any vendor.

so while i understand some will simply be a issue product, meaning it just wont work well even after trying to break it in, or some just need fiddling regardless, but many will work properly after using them for a while, this is known in the ce2 line and other top coil and even bottom coils or ego tanks and atomizers. The wicks need to be wet and the coil needs to change its state, many coils are either loose or tightly wound aorund the wick and when the coil starts to cook it changes shape, usually it tightens and then bunches up a little which also changes how the wicking will work and that usually takes a minute or 3 for that particular system to break in and start working properly.

so if a product you buy form anywhere at first isnt working to your satisfaction, at least take a few minutes to break it in, take some drags and dont inhale to see if it starts to crank up.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
I was also wondering if the coils "season", sort of like cast iron frying pans. :)

Anyways, you are totally right on this one - I found that out with the Stardust. The Grande worked great right out of the box, though, and just got better from there.

BTW, before I forget to mention it: I expected the flavor to be pretty much like the VEs, but it's not, it's actually better. Noticeably so.

just remeber this everyone, youll see a common theme all over ecf, people will first use a product and not like it, then many persist and then you hear, after using it for a little while its really cranking now, this goes for products form 510 atomizers to stone tanks to anything else form any vendor.

so while i understand some will simply be a issue product, meaning it just wont work well even after trying to break it in, or some just need fiddling regardless, but many will work properly after using them for a while, this is known in the ce2 line and other top coil and even bottom coils or ego tanks and atomizers. The wicks need to be wet and the coil needs to change its state, many coils are either loose or tightly wound aorund the wick and when the coil starts to cook it changes shape, usually it tightens and then bunches up a little which also changes how the wicking will work and that usually takes a minute or 3 for that particular system to break in and start working properly.

so if a product you buy form anywhere at first isnt working to your satisfaction, at least take a few minutes to break it in, take some drags and dont inhale to see if it starts to crank up.

Last edited:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
So how do you guys store your Grandes? And Stones, for that matter?

I only use them on the ProVari - it's the only fat tube mod I got. They look real funny on a regular eGo - not that I wouldn't do that in a pinch, but still... So I rotate the tanks. But I haven't really found a doohickey to hold them upright yet. What do you do?

Paulie P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
USA
Are there any mods required to make these things work properly? Are these like the CE2's where you have to dry burn, fluff wick, flip plugs, pray and so on to get them to work? I got a few recently and just like my experience with the CE2, taste great for about five puffs and then the dreaded burnt taste.

P.S. I hate having to mod anything to get it to work properly. In fact, it burns my azz.

Sent using my cellularized device using Tapatalk.
Paulie P.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Well, with a preamble that I never had that problem with VEs...

To answer your questions: no, you don't need to mod. With the Grande, there is really no problem with dry hits for me. And I did nothing, and I mean nothing, to it. Just filled it. There is only one plug, and you don't have to move it. It's fine just the way it is, imo. You don't have to fluff the wicks either, there are four of them, and the wicking is outstanding. In fact, if this thing has a fault it's that if you fill it all the way up, it might over-wick.

I love these things. No fuss, no muss good vaping.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
So how do you guys store your Grandes? And Stones, for that matter?

I only use them on the ProVari - it's the only fat tube mod I got. They look real funny on a regular eGo - not that I wouldn't do that in a pinch, but still... So I rotate the tanks. But I haven't really found a doohickey to hold them upright yet. What do you do?

No grande yet. But for my stone, either in the hole of a scotch tape dispenser, or my handy dandy vape station. It was made for me, but it would be easy to duplicate. It is just a two inch thick piece of wood with holes drilled halfway through, in the appropriate sizes for my different things. Holes for ve reg or stretch, holes for ve mini giant or ego batt, and holes for 15 ml luer lock bottles or tada stones and presumably grands. And since the board holes were drilled out by something with a pilot tip, the centers have smaller deeper holes so 510 connections just fit in the deeper segments on the bigger spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread