NEW & Only at GotVapes.com - The TURBINE 2.5ml Tankomizer - Has ARRIVED!!! In Stock NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
How does the Turbine compare to the B atty in regard to flavor? I enjoy the B atty but if the Turbine is better I will be getting a few of these. Huge vapor means nothing to me although I am getting plenty of that also.

Seeing as my list of PV's and accessories is fairly extensive and the eGo-T's type A, Type B and Turbine now are in my collection. I am going to say that the turbine does out perform the Type A by a landslide, and it does perform better than the type B for Vapor,(I know you are not concerned so much with vapor but bare with me), and as far as flavor, if you leave a little bit of air in the tank instead of filling it totally full once it start to wick really well, the turbine does have a slightly better flavor than the Type B as well.

The most important ting to me however with the turbine over the type A or B atty's is the leakage issue. These do not leak. Granted just as any tank system that has been or ever will be produced these do develop condensation inside the atty between the tank and inner wall of the atty. The nature of producing vapor is going to ensure that this does always remain a constant issue that cannot be avoided.

The mouthpiece is very easy to remove and clean the condensation out of the mouthpiece though :D That makes me very very happy.

I hope this helps you out;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

Sunray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
Tiger Town, Ala
Seeing as my list of PV's and accessories is fairly extensive and the eGo-T's type A, Type B and Turbine now are in my collection. I am going to say that the turbine does out perform the Type A by a landslide, and it does perform better than the type B for Vapor,(I know you are not concerned so much with vapor but bare with me), and as far as flavor, if you leave a little bit of air in the tank instead of filling it totally full once it start to wick really well, the turbine does have a slightly better flavor than the Type B as well.

The most important ting to me however with the turbine over the type A or B atty's is the leakage issue. These do not leak. Granted just as any tank system that has been or ever will be produced these do develop condensation inside the atty between the tank and inner wall of the atty. The nature of producing vapor is going to ensure that this does always remain a constant issue that cannot be avoided.

The mouthpiece is very easy to remove and clean the condensation out of the mouthpiece though :D That makes me very very happy.

I hope this helps you out;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

Thanks Nate for the fast reply. In fact you are the very person I was hoping to get an opinion from because I know you have most of the ego types out and other models also. I have been tempted to go IGO or GOGO but I really wish to stick with the 510 line to keep it simple.

Off I go to order a few Turbines. Thanks again.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Thanks Nate for the fast reply. In fact you are the very person I was hoping to get an opinion from because I know you have most of the ego types out and other models also. I have been tempted to go IGO or GOGO but I really wish to stick with the 510 line to keep it simple.

Off I go to order a few Turbines. Thanks again.

Well thank you very much Sunray, as far as simplicity goes, I have to say the Go Go is still the simplest PV I have. But having the ability to interchange with all of my 510 gear makes life very interesting indeed. I just can't wait until I get my Provari because I want to run this turbine through some different voltages and see how amazing I can get it to be with an adapter for the Provari :D I bet I can choke myself with this sucker if I hit the right Voltage.

:D:D
Nate aka Darth Vapor

Last edited:

cosprings

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Colorado Springs CO
My turbine showed up a few hours ago. Started vaping and had a lot of vapor and flavor was tolerable. After 40 minutes or so I had to leave, so I added juice to halfway for the drive. During a 30 minute drive it flooded all over the place.

I am willing to take credit for the flooding, but I'm not sure what I did. I am now at a movie withe my family, tgank filled halfway up and I have lots of napkins in case it floods. Flavor is starting to come in.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
My turbine showed up a few hours ago. Started vaping and had a lot of vapor and flavor was tolerable. After 40 minutes or so I had to leave, so I added juice to halfway for the drive. During a 30 minute drive it flooded all over the place.

I am willing to take credit for the flooding, but I'm not sure what I did. I am now at a movie withe my family, tgank filled halfway up and I have lots of napkins in case it floods. Flavor is starting to come in.

Hmmmm, That is the first I have heard of any of these flooding. What kind of liquid are you using, if anything mine is fairly difficult to get it to come out of the tank because I am using a 70/30 PG/VG blend so it is fairly thick but still wicks okay.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Nate, thanks for the response. Juice is GV crushed apple, 65/35 I think.

No leaks through the movie, flavor is still off, but I am starting to taste the faintest whispers of the crushed apple flavor.

Learning as I go,
Marty

It is my pleasure Marty. It took mine a little while to warm up and get seasoned but it is doing better and better with each puff now. That is the thing with these E-Cigs. As you can see by my Avitar,(and that is only about half of what I have), I have many of them, and each and every one except the Go Go took a period of time to break in and get going just right, but eventually they all did and now I have an Armada of fine vaping equipment.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

cosprings

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Colorado Springs CO
End of the first day with turbine. Bad flavor is fading out and correct flavor is fading in. Flavor still isn't as strong as I would prefer, or as strong as was with Mega Smart Cart. Vapor seems to be waning, but TH is coming on strong, almost too strong, which I didn't think was possible with a PV. As this continues to settle in, I think I will really like it.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Nate, thanks for the response. Juice is GV crushed apple, 65/35 I think.

No leaks through the movie, flavor is still off, but I am starting to taste the faintest whispers of the crushed apple flavor.

Learning as I go,
Marty

Are you referring to the "Crushed Caramel Apple" flavor? I have some coming in tomorrow. How do you like it?

cosprings

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Colorado Springs CO
Are you referring to the "Crushed Caramel Apple" flavor? I have some coming in tomorrow. How do you like it?

I tried the crushed apple a week ago with a Mega Smartcart and completely to my surprise, I was hooked. It was amazing. Before I tried the crushed apple, I tolerated the PV between cigs. After I tried the flavor, I craved the PV.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Nice to hear a success story like that : )

I tried the crushed apple a week ago with a Mega Smartcart and completely to my surprise, I was hooked. It was amazing. Before I tried the crushed apple, I tolerated the PV between cigs. After I tried the flavor, I craved the PV.

cosprings

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Colorado Springs CO
That the
Nice to hear a success story like that : )

Good stuff! I am now vaping the Belgian Waffle. Flavor continues to improve with the Turbine. I am starting to figure out how to flood it, and more importantly, how not to flood it.

Several threads and videos have discussed the alignment of the mouthpiece, but I still didn't understand. Were they saying, "be sure to align it so that the pin goes through the whole"? That seems silly, because if you somehow mess that up, the mouthpiece won't seat. Were they saying, "rotate the mouthpiece a certain way"? That also seems silly, since the seal appears to be circular. I have found that if I rotate the mouthpiece so that the pin has a horizontal groove when the mouthpiece is correct looking at you, in other words, the slit in the mouthpiece and the groove in the pin are parallel, it floods less often.

I also found that if I leave it upright, with the tip in the air and the battery facing down, it leaks more often. I am going to try carrying it in my pocket downside up and see if that helps.

If I am doing this wrong or you have advice, please share.

Cheers,
Marty

Tom950

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
I take that back. I had it aligned correctly (I think) and it was sitting horizontally while I ate dinner. When I picked it up, it was nice and oily where the atty attached to the battery. When I picked it up, it started dripping down the side of the battery.

Same problem I have. But I could leave it standing up or laying down and get the same wet battery

cosprings

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Colorado Springs CO
This just gets weirder. I filled the Turbine last night to approx 70%, vaped on it and had it on my nightstand laying flat all night: no leaks. Vaped this morning on the way to work: no leaks. Vaped at my desk: no leaks. Sat it flat on the top of my keyboard, picked it up: there was a puddle. Stepped out for a "smoke break" and got juice in my mouth and juice trickling down the battery while puddling at the seam between the mouthpiece and atty.. Came back to my desk and opened it up to clean it: juice everywhere and the tank was empty.

When the Turbine works, it works. When it leaks, it leaks.

There appears to be no middle ground and no warning.

Does anyone have any useful tips?

Thanks,
Marty

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
This just gets weirder. I filled the Turbine last night to approx 70%, vaped on it and had it on my nightstand laying flat all night: no leaks. Vaped this morning on the way to work: no leaks. Vaped at my desk: no leaks. Sat it flat on the top of my keyboard, picked it up: there was a puddle. Stepped out for a "smoke break" and got juice in my mouth and juice trickling down the battery while puddling at the seam between the mouthpiece and atty.. Came back to my desk and opened it up to clean it: juice everywhere and the tank was empty.

When the Turbine works, it works. When it leaks, it leaks.

There appears to be no middle ground and no warning.

Does anyone have any useful tips?

Thanks,
Marty

Wow, I must say I am totally stumped on this one. I have been thinking on it since you posted about the leaking but I am unable to offer any suggestions other than lining up the "Screw Head" up and down with the line on the top of the tank. Mine has developed some condensation in the atty but never leaked as you have described.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

cosprings

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Colorado Springs CO
Nate,

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for being slow, but please explain more about lining up the screw head. Suppose you are taking a drag and while your lips are still on the mouthpiece, you pull the atomizer away from the mouthpiece. Without rotating anything, you look into the atty. What do you see? A horizontal or vertical groove?

Thanks,
Marty

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Nate,

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for being slow, but please explain more about lining up the screw head. Suppose you are taking a drag and while your lips are still on the mouthpiece, you pull the atomizer away from the mouthpiece. Without rotating anything, you look into the atty. What do you see? A horizontal or vertical groove?

Thanks,
Marty

If the top of the tip is in my mouth and I pull away the atomizer I see the groove straight up and down or vertical. That is how I keep mine situated. Granted the tip is a little off center on all but one of my batteries but to me that is completely irrelevant because my hands are huge and can reach the button no matter where it is.

Oh no apologies, no worries at all. I am here to help where I can and learn from others where I can't :D

Nate aka Darth vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread