NEW & Only at GotVapes.com - The TURBINE 2.5ml Tankomizer - Has ARRIVED!!! In Stock NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
I think i found a bug in it :), i purchased a black one a month ago and then sold it with ego as kit, the guy told me that juices tasted wrong with it.
So i removed the pin and the bottom part of the rope detached in many tiny ropes that covered the coil and when heated they gave bad taste.
So I cleaned it, took a wick from clearomizer, covered the upper part that goes into the pin with tea bag material and sort of fixed it, i made the wick longer so it stick out of the metal part and it worked.

They need to take note from the 510T design, the rope that goes into the metal pin is covered with atomizer mesh for better wicking.
I never had any issues with 510T, they just work like energizer bunny

They are in the process of adjusting the turbine , once fixed i will have it to test and will report with a update

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
I took your advice and it is now giving me a half decent hit. I pulled the pin and removed the material covering the coil. I think that I was right in thinking the wick wasn't connected to the coil at all. I think the material at the coil was actually making a barrier between the juice and coil just suspending it in the that wasn't touching the coil. I just have a clearo wick through the pin with no material in the bottom. I may need to put some down there maybe filler from a carto. I think this was just defective one. If the material was touching the coil I bet I would have worked.

Last edited:

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Well I'm gonna put the turbine away for a while. Before I could finish writing my previous post while pulling the tank out of the atty the whole button/ threading assembly on my new elegante ego from gotvapes pulled apart severing one of the leads and the button fell out.... Oh how my small victory has crumbled. I hope I can get a replacement I've only logged a day on the elegante.

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
No, no you dont need ANY material over the coil.
What you do is you take a clearomizer wick, you put it trough the pin, and leave about 1/4 of centimeter below, then you fluff/ untie the rope so it will look like many small ropes like a small octopus :)
And these small wicks should touch the coil thats all, slightly touch the coil not cover it, if it covers the coil completely you wont have a good draw.

If you have a broken atomizer, remove the mesh that cover the bridge, take a small amount and cover the part of the wick that goes inside the metal pin (that's how 510T is made)

I took your advice and it is now giving me a half decent hit. I pulled the pin and removed the material covering the coil. I think that I was right in thinking the wick wasn't connected to the coil at all. I think the material at the coil was actually making a barrier between the juice and coil just suspending it in the that wasn't touching the coil. I just have a clearo wick through the pin with no material in the bottom. I may need to put some down there maybe filler from a carto. I think this was just defective one. If the material was touching the coil I bet I would have worked.

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
Happy to help...
BTW, you can use a peace of lipton tea bug instead of mesh, you know the triangle one.
If it works, it works without, no need to disassemble it...

Thanks virus. Ya I have it setup like you suggest. I haven't done the mesh part but it works much better. I'm putting turbine on hold for a while though. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread