• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbies Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamethrower24

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
Sorry if I a bit late for this reply. I see now that the conversation shifted to provari already.

But nic level contributes a lot to TH also. If you try vaping duds (0 nic level) e juices, there is no TH at all even though it is PG base. So nic level does contribute a lot to TH. But very high nic level will also ruin the flavor or sometimes it will be too harsh on the throat

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Sorry if I a bit late for this reply. I see now that the conversation shifted to provari already.

But nic level contributes a lot to TH also. If you try vaping duds (0 nic level) e juices, there is no TH at all even though it is PG base. So nic level does contribute a lot to TH. But very high nic level will also ruin the flavor or sometimes it will be too harsh on the throat

thank you for the reply Flamethrower24
So 0 nic liquid gives no TH what so ever even if it's a PG base.
Then that means PG doesn't really contribute on TH at all...?
or PG somehow boosts the TH effect when mixed with nic?

hmm... still confused... :confused:

sotong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Singapore
@chet. Greetings from Singapore. Here's a copy-and-paste FAQ from TastyVapor:

What Is The Difference Between PG and VG?

Sidestepping the descriptions of the two which you can look up yourself...Propylene Glycol, or "PG" is the primary liquid used by most e-liquid manufacturers. It is preferred as it is able to produce the minor harshness or irritation at the back of the throat, or "Throat Hit" that vapers come to expect in approximating their previous experience with cigarette smoke.

Vegetable Glycerin or "VG", while it provides no throat hit, it does produce voluminous clouds of vapor as well as more of a feeling of volume in the lungs. We believe a combination of both lend to a more pleasurable vaping experience. Usually a combination of 80% PG and 20% VG as the liquid base, is the most commonly preferred mixture ratio.

Flamethrower24

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
@chet, you could say that both nic level and PG contributes to TH. But I wouldn't really recommend vaping too much of liquid that gives high TH. At first it really feels good as it simulates analogs TH, but as sotong referenced, it is a mild irritation. Hence I think it's different from analogs TH (I think analogs TH comes from the tobacco or the heat, I not sure). So in the end, vaping too much of e liquid with high TH may cause soar throat or coughing. I for one had experienced it (I like high TH too) and I know I few people with the same cases. So just take note of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread