Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
DKS, sorry to hear your batts died. You did mention in an earlier post that you were using LR cartos. With the stick batts (minis, cig sized) it is advisable to use SR cartos or attys.

I know that as a new vaper the cig sized batts seem preferential, but if you're anything like most of us, you may very well transition to the Ego/Riva sized batts. Yes, they are bigger, but that is because they have a bigger, longer lasting battery, and give you the option of using most any atty or carto you like. I've always been a bit partial to the Riva batts as they run a true 3.7v versus the Ego which is a 3.4v.

Besides, I really don't want to walk around telling people I have a big Ego... ;)

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I started with the Kgo. It has a bigger battery than most of the Egos. The charge lasts 1 1/2 days. But after 8 weeks, one of the two batteries got fried by using the wrong charger, and on the other battery, the threads are getting worn out.

If I had it to do over, I would get the E-Power. The difference is that it uses rechargeable batteries that you put into it, rather than it BEING the battery. To replace the batteries costs maybe $10 - $12.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Well, to update, I've already had 2 of my 510 batteries completely die and one that is on the way. The 2 won't even charge anymore and are just dead weight and one is very iffy it will charge or not when I plug it up. I've tried them with 4 different chargers, cleaned them properly, etc. etc. etc. Never once did I have a 21st battery die on me and used the same batteries for a very long time with them. The 510s I've only had for a few days. I'm getting them replaced and hopefully it was just a fluke that a got a couple of bad ones. I know this isn't a common problem with them. But my GF dropped 2 of the 21st century batteries in water (one in the toilet, lol) and they still worked great (other than the slight poo taste, lol, jk) and those are automatic batteries!!

Low resistance cartos or attys will drastically shorten the life of slim batteries... kind of like laying a screwdriver across the battery posts on your car (only less drastic... there is at least *some* resistance with the carto). The lower the resistance, the more current will run through the circuit, so for LR cartos you must have batts capable of supplying that current without a strain. Skinny batteries just can't do that.

I like my E-Power 14650, but it doesn't look anything like a cigarette. It looks like a really cool, black, small pipe bomb with a chrome ring around its middle, takes 510 cartos or attys, generic 14650 protected batteries (at $4 - 5 a pop) and runs at a regulated 3.7 volts. But it's not for everyone... and I ain't about *looking* cool... I know I'm cool, and don't care if anybody else knows it or not. :2cool:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Low resistance cartos or attys will drastically shorten the life of slim batteries... kind of like laying a screwdriver across the battery posts on your car (only less drastic... there is at least *some* resistance with the carto). The lower the resistance, the more current will run through the circuit, so for LR cartos you must have batts capable of supplying that current without a strain. Skinny batteries just can't do that.

I like my E-Power 14650, but it doesn't look anything like a cigarette. It looks like a really cool, black, small pipe bomb with a chrome ring around its middle, takes 510 cartos or attys, generic 14650 protected batteries (at $4 - 5 a pop) and runs at a regulated 3.7 volts. But it's not for everyone... and I ain't about *looking* cool... I know I'm cool, and don't care if anybody else knows it or not. :2cool:

Just curious, where did you buy your E-Power?

DKS-1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
VA/NC and NLV Land
I've read the dangers of using the LR carts, etc. But I was only using 2.0 Carts and the Bats were pretty much DOA. I was under the impression from other posts that the 2.0's were Ok, just not cool to go lower than 2.0. I have been using the same carts with all the other Bats (3xl's and 1 standard) for days now and they are working perfectly. If any more die I'll know what's up, but I really feel I just got a couple of flukes. Or perhaps I have a bad charger (one of mine says it's DC5V 0.1A output, all the others are 4.2V output, but they were all supposed to be for the standard or XL 510 bats) I actually bought them from 2 different places and three of them are real Joyetech's and one is a knock off. I'm not using the higher voltage one anymore to see if that's the problem, but honestly, I don't even know for sure if I had even used that charger before they failed since it was the last one to arrive.

kingu

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Huh, interesting reading your experiences, as I'd like to keep the same results I'm getting with the 21st Century when I 'upgrade' to another system. I've been using mine for almost two weeks now, and a single battery will last me all day, though I always have a spare on me. Hope you keep updating as your experiences go on, as I'm very interested.

SockMonkey

Jan 13, 2012
Chandler, AZ
Most sites that I have been to DO NOT recommend anything lower than 2.5 ohm atty's or cartos for a mini/pen style ecig and Dual coil cartos have burned out 2 of my 510 batteries. You can get an ego kit for around $40 bucks plus shipping from Welcome to MadVapes LLC which comes with 2 900 mah batts with atty's or cartos/clearimizers, charger, and 10ml of juice. I wish I would of bought the ego before my 510 kit.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I have had the same luck with my 21st. I bought one starter kit, then had to buy another for my wife once she realized quitting 'cold turkey' sucked. The pre-filled flavor did suck, but an order from Chi-Town vapers gave me flavors to try. I haven't killed a battery yet, but it will last me from off the charger til I get home from work 9 1/2 hours later, and often longer into the night. I am in the same spot. I will upgrade, even though me current unit is working fine for me now. I switched for health reasons and to try to save a few bucks, so needlessly spending hundreds of dollars on something I don't need, or that will disappoint is something I am trying to avoid. This is a great forum, but with the amount of info and the changing technology, it is still tough for a newcomer to sort through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread