News Report Cites Our Fourm--Slams E-cig Marketing and Assertion that E-cig is a Homeopahic Drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
IMHO, seems to me that e-cigs are something that "sneaked in the back door" while the government wasn't looking. So now there is going to be a lot of media hype and scare tactics put through the media until some control legislation is passed. Because, good grief, no way can a full grown adult human make their own choices about what is good for them with out some governmental legislation over it. I am new to e-smoking but absolutely love it as an alternative to cigarettes. But I do believe that if it doesn't get very popular very quickly we (as e-smokers) will not have a collectively loud enough voice to stop legislation that will, at best, dictate where and when I can buy and use my supplies or, at worst, ban it all together.

Ever heard of TropicalBob? Look him up ;-)

You got the kits... did you get enough carts to equal that carton? Enough e-liquid? Spare atomizers? Batteries? The costs add up quickly.

Hmm, let's see, $94.98 for kits plus $35 for extra batts & atomizers, about $80 on e-liquids, $15 on blank carts + some shipping comes up to about $250. Analogs went up $6 a carton since I quit them & did my signature, so that figure is low. I'd be on my 6th carton now, so would have spent about $285 on analogs, so I'm already ahead.

Oh yeah, the Lorann flavors & PG I just got, so add in another $30. So I'm basically even, but I'm stocked up for several weeks, so next week I'm ahead the cost of a carton of analogs. As long as the electronics hold up, that is :D

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hmm, let's see, $94.98 for kits plus $35 for extra batts & atomizers, about $80 on e-liquids, $15 on blank carts + some shipping comes up to about $250. Analogs went up $6 a carton since I quit them & did my signature, so that figure is low. I'd be on my 6th carton now, so would have spent about $285 on analogs, so I'm already ahead.

Oh yeah, the Lorann flavors & PG I just got, so add in another $30. So I'm basically even, but I'm stocked up for several weeks, so next week I'm ahead the cost of a carton of analogs. As long as the electronics hold up, that is :D

Humm--Wonder how this landed here--wrong thread? Sun

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Hey Lacey

I knew you'd find all those links! In my opinion she couldn't have picked a better person to have put out there - I hope it brings LOTS of traffic to your site. You work very hard for all of us!

awe shucks. :oops:

It was definitely an interesting article. I will note this too... that for every bad piece of press this size, convert 5 smokers to e-cigs. For every positive article covert 100 smokers. For every bad CBS report, convert 2500.

As far as I am concerned, the more they talk about the e-cig, the more who want one and the more who want one, the more voices there are. We are not talking about ... here, we are talking about nicotine and nicotine can be compared to caffeine, which is freely distributed to children.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
I debated explaining myself... and decided it was best to explain myself.

I've been a member of other non-related forums and often it is forum policy to lock various parts of the forum until the person has posted a certain amount of times. Sometimes it takes 500 posts to get the top level unlocked. At first I thought that odd an an inconvienience, but later understood why.

When a person has to make a certain amount of quality posts they actually become more involved in the forum, more helpful, more dedicated.

I'm not saying censor, but I am saying that certain information really should be delayed until a person has been around sufficiently long to have contributed.

Additionally, The Art of War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
WTF! No one ever told me that getting old means I'm not allowed to like chocolate or fruit flavors. Heck, I even like bright colors at times. What the hell kind of person thinks adults need to be restricted to dull colors and flavors only? Someone ought to start a protest about that before it catches on legally.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Sweet flavors directed at children? That is some dumb s*&. So does that mean an apple martini was created actually for children?
Agree completely. Based on their logic, peach schnapps, strawberry margaritas, banana daquiris are all intended for consumption by kids.

I tried the tobacco ejuice flavors and couldnt stand them. I tried the coffee flavor (another "adult" flavor) and didnt care for it. But, with flavors such as strawberry, kiwi, watermelon, peach, mint, ice cream, etc I have enjoyed switching to the ecig and now only smoke 3 regular cigarettes a day. A huge improvement from two packs a day. And, I have every intention of eliminating those 3 cigarettes and getting my nicotine solely from the ecig.

IMHO, Anyone who sells these things to kids needs to be charged with the same crimes as those who knowingly sell cigs and booze to kids. And, from what i've seen, nobody is selling these to kids.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Agree completely. Based on their logic, peach schnapps, strawberry margaritas, banana daquiris are all intended for consumption by kids.

I tried the tobacco ejuice flavors and couldnt stand them. I tried the coffee flavor (another "adult" flavor) and didnt care for it. But, with flavors such as strawberry, kiwi, watermelon, peach, mint, ice cream, etc I have enjoyed switching to the ecig and now only smoke 3 regular cigarettes a day. A huge improvement from two packs a day. And, I have every intention of eliminating those 3 cigarettes and getting my nicotine solely from the ecig.

IMHO, Anyone who sells these things to kids needs to be charged with the same crimes as those who knowingly sell cigs and booze to kids. And, from what i've seen, nobody is selling these to kids.

Outwest--I concur that kids are of limits with these devices--that is a given--but that should not mean that you and I have to vape nasty flavors in the face of dettering kids---after all, you ever really liked the "taste" of a cigarette when we first started smoking. I do not remember saying--"Wow--this taste great"--I do remember coughing my brains out though----something that does not happen when vaping---Sun

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
when i first started smoking, I liked the taste of a cigarette (but I was drunk at the time *laf*)

Now, thanks to using the ecig with nice flavors, regular cigarettes taste horrible. And, I agree, we shouldnt have to vape bad tasting flavors all because of some unfounded fear that good flavors will attract kids.

quester

Feb 13, 2009
Galveston, Tx
well I would have to pout if I were banned from reading the DIY forum posts just because I'm not that talkative, but I suppose I could spend a few weeks being "chatty cathy" if that's what it takes...:(

I'm with you kerri. I'm a chronic "lurker". I've learned so much from everyone that's been so generous with their experience and knowledge.
A big "THANK YOU" to all you extraverts out there! ;)
The mod forum is my favorite.

ibdno

Feb 22, 2009
nc
Im not really worried about it being banned.....well not long anyway.... The FDA will say it bad (in so many words)....The people will protest....the tobaco giants will give there spill (try to sneak in for profit).... the government want the tax profit (a big one it will be).... so the lawyers have to get involved.(thats going to cost)..... so all these people/business/the man, have to get a cut .....and so we will be allowed to use these (because it is our right) decided by the court .... But its going to triple or worse the cost
but hey this is america.....thats how things are done now...its ashame...but true....
just my 2.7 cents worth

Last edited:

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
I debated explaining myself... and decided it was best to explain myself.

I've been a member of other non-related forums and often it is forum policy to lock various parts of the forum until the person has posted a certain amount of times. Sometimes it takes 500 posts to get the top level unlocked. At first I thought that odd an an inconvienience, but later understood why.

When a person has to make a certain amount of quality posts they actually become more involved in the forum, more helpful, more dedicated.

I'm not saying censor, but I am saying that certain information really should be delayed until a person has been around sufficiently long to have contributed.

I'm obviously new here, but I have to agree. I belong to another forum or two myself and at least one of them locks certain areas until you have a certain amount of posts. That's where I met Miss Jaaxx. It's a pet forum, but there is even a section that is by admin approval only. Even though I probably couldn't get into some of areas here for a while, it would be worth it to protect more sensitive information. Maybe use admin approval or invite. Maybe allow suppliers to suggest forum members, who are also customers, to be allowed into the private areas.

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
None of our info is sensitive, Wolf. It's in our interest for the debate to be freely available. I can just hear the screams if it came out that our legitimate concerns about the safety of this pursuit were only discussed in a locked forum. Wouldn't really fit into the 'mod-light' profile of the place, anyway - there's a new 'concerned about x' thread every five minutes.

Emp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread