The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

News Report Cites Our Fourm--Slams E-cig Marketing and Assertion that E-cig is a Homeopahic Drug

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Sun Vaporer, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LaceyUnderall

LaceyUnderall Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2008
    USA and Canada
    Here's another argument: why is chocolate sold to children? why are candies sold to children? why are sodas sold to children? why are these things considered ok for children when there have been plenty of studies showing that they are in fact empty calories which lead to bad eating habits and obesity, lead to attention deficit disorders and so on?

Oh right... because all of the above force parents to put their children on behavioral meds which in turn creates life-time drug dependent adults. Ahhh... now I see. The path leads right to pharmaceutical companies.

2. e-pipeman

e-pipeman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Lacey, a UK GP was arguing in the media yesterday that an additional tax should be placed on chocolate. Sometimes I throw my hands in the air and run around screaming "No!"...but that's a different matter...

3. LaceyUnderall

Dec 4, 2008
    USA and Canada
    pipeman - what is happening is that the governments are no longer run by the people. I know here in the US we have had 8 years of unbridled control. But as a people, we have also allowed our fellow citizens to say "I don't want to be responsible, so control me" and unfortunately, that has led to where we are.

The UK GP is almost as ridiculous as the ... here in the states who attempted to pass a law in one state that would allow a worker at McDonalds to decide if you are to obese to order a cheeseburger! This sillyness will all come to a large head and we will all get a good chuckle when it is over. :)

4. e-pipeman

e-pipeman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    You're right, Lacey - we elect governments to represent us, not to tell us what to do.

I look forward to that chuckle!:)

5. sherid

sherid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2008
    USA
    The anti smokers protest that children may get access to e cigarettes, yet here they are in their despicable hypocrisy passing out Nicorette to children.
    Cancer »
    Nicotine patches plan targets child smokers

Link: The Herald.

KidsmokerChildren as young as 14 are to be given nicotine patches in an effort to cut under-age smoking. The first scheme of its kind in Scotland intends to offer young smokers patches, gum or tablets through schools and youth groups. Pupils will also counsel friends trying to quit and refer classmates to anti-smoking co-ordinators who will decide on the appropriate form of nicotine replacement therapy.

6. CandyGirl

CandyGirl Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    well the good news is toilet paper prices haven't risen in our nations capitol, since our representatives chose to use the constitution as a substitute for the last eight years.

7. gep

gep Moved On

:lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:

...yet sadly, too true.:|

(Off-topic slightly: Anyone out there read The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein? I just started it but it raises alot of interesting points.
    It does touch on some of what you are referring to Lacey.)

8. MisterPuck

MisterPuck Senior Member ECF Veteran

I personally feel that calling AC "news" is just irresponsible and shows the same lack of in-depth research that AC exhibits.

9. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Mr. Puck--I agree. With all of the many news oulets in print that are in trouble out there because their subsciptions are way down---the accuracy of reporting is only going to get worse. This is a good example of "internet news" that is now becoming the main stay for many of us looking for news. Sadly, our favorite Reporters in our newspapers are getting pushed to the side in the internet world and headed for retirement. I would rather have accurate news flowing at a slower speed then have a "bunch of garbage" flying around at the speed of lighting--Sun

10. LaceyUnderall

Dec 4, 2008
    USA and Canada
    Sorry for the late reply... but I went and looked up this book on Amazon and wow! It looks like some very interesting reading. Thanks for the heads up... I am ordering a "used" copy (I like to recycle!) today!

11. Alpine77

Alpine77 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2009
    Mooresville, NC uSA
    In most instances, a new idea is often ridiculed, declared unsafe, unwise, and an all around bad decision. I feel this is the case with the E-cig. Everyone is afraid of the unknown and how it may affect them and cause them to lose their precious profits (tobacco companies). Most don't want to openly endorse it for fear of being ridiculed or proven to be wrong. However, often these "great ideas" come to be a common and are then widely accepted and praised as an incredible invention. I feel this is the route that the E-cig is going to take. Whether it is completely safe now or not, in one way or another, it will be made safe and widely available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.