The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

E-Cigarette Marketing

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by angel.white, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. angel.white

angel.white Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2009
    Kansas
    Misleading E-Cigarette Marketing Examined - Associated Content
    By Sylvia Cochran

Negative excerpts:
    Positive excerpts:
    Ambivalent excerpts:
    Best comments to the article:
    Conclusion:
    It wasn't a bad article, I think she dislikes them, or dislikes cigarettes, and so that feeling gets applied to e-cigs by proxy. I think she tries to be objective and present both sides, but she can't bring herself to explain an argument for them without a disclaimer / rebuttal. The flavours and colours portion irritates me, it seems like she thinks we should hate life, sombre and solomn, concrete gray little sticks we suck on in shame while hiding our faces, like we shouldn't be allowed to enjoy ourselves, be curious, smile, or have a personality. She also ignores that analogues come in flavours as well, and hell, so do condoms for that matter. Still, she didn't just trash them, and so I give her points for trying to be fair.

Interestingly, one of the sources she cited was this website.

One of the people in the comments was named Walrus, perhaps this is ours? (I hope this isn't a repost again >.<)

2. hoodala

hoodala Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    AZ
    Yeah that article has been making the rounds. I believe the author Sylvia just didn't have the ability to hide her hatred for cigarettes well enough to do a thorough article. We are all human and when we feel strongly about anything it will come out, it just doesn't make for good journalism.

3. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    I dislike the continued reference to "Pure Nicotine" It makes this sound like there's nothing else in the juice except nic..... THAT would be deadly....

If you were to list the ingredients in our juice by order of weight, volume or mass, nicotine and/or other tobacco extracts are pretty far down on the list... the big 3 being PG, VG and water.

4. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    Yep, it's not pure, it's diluted. Maybe they mean clean.

5. KDMickey

KDMickey Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2009
    Denver, CO, USA
    I've seen a lot of 'pure nicotine' references.
    The way I see it, if you look at how some people chew nicorette gum, I find it highly unlikely that any potential health risks will come from the nic. If anything, I'm more worried about the PG and flavor additives!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.