IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@coldgin96, here's a link to TFA's flavor storage statement:
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/flavorsworkshop/shelf_life.pdf

In the "for what it's worth" category; my concentrates are stored in a linen closet (dark & cool). I have some that are approaching the 4+ year mark (bottled in a variety of glass, PET and HDPE), and remain perfectly usable for my needs. As always; YMMV.:)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Couldn’t agree more with Zazie. Thanks again Rossum, your willingness to help your fellow vaper with accurate information is greatly appreciated. This forum is great, I came here years ago with zero knowledge of vaping and all that’s entailed with it and now I have quit smoking, have a decent mod and backups, atomizers, both rebuildable and replaceable, mix my own juice, and haven’t blown up my hands or face. Thank you ECF

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
See, we need that specter to replace the rush of risking cancer.
Once again, spot on, couldn’t agree more. Without the danger it just isn’t fun. Probably why vaping has been so much more successful helping people quit. The patch and pills just don’t have the same adrenaline inducing rush that handling a potential bomb near my pretty face has.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Great everybody, thank you! Big help... :thumbs:
Help deciding to refrigerate flavors, or help deciding to store cool & dark?

Or help deciding not to ask on this forum, because everyone will just post different opinions and disagree with each other, confusing you more? :confused:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I decided to keep them in the dark for now as they are unopened and in 10ml glass containers. Although putting them in the fridge isn't a bad idea either...o_O :D I didn't plan on having them this long but ProVape sent me a .... load of free juice I'm still trying to get through.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
That's really only an issue of you're "thawing" at a higher temperature than you had when you bottled the stuff. For example if you bottle in a 65F room in the winter and thaw in an 80F room in the summer.
Barometric pressure when sealing and thawing also plays a small part. ;)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Barometric pressure when sealing and thawing also plays a small part. ;)
Why? It's a liquid. That means its pretty much incompressible and the few percent of change in in ambient pressure due to weather shouldn't have a noticeable effect on its volume.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It's not the liquid, but the air trapped in the bottle. And no telling at what elevation the bottle was sealed at. Unless you did it yourself.
Color me confused. How does air trapped in the headspace of a bottle produce a change in the volume of the liquid beneath it?

If it was bottled in Denver and opened in Florida, then there will be a partial vacuum in the head space when you open the bottle. If it was bottled in Florida and opened in Denver, then there will be a small excess of air pressure when it's opened. But neither of these will cause liquid to spill, assuming the bottle is upright when opened.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Color me confused. How does air trapped in the headspace of a bottle produce a change in the volume of the liquid beneath it?
It doesn't. Sorry, did I say it does? All it means it there could be a pressure difference when you open the bottle.
If it was bottled in Denver and opened in Florida, then there will be a partial vacuum in the head space when you open the bottle. If it was bottled in Florida and opened in Denver, then there will be a small excess of air pressure when it's opened. But neither of these will cause liquid to spill, assuming the bottle is upright when opened.
Well... it kinda does sort of. Maybe not so often with ejuice unless it is to the extreme. But ketchup and mustard bottles does this to me all of the time. Just a little pressure difference and opening them upright and suddenly that splat happens. We can send men to the moon (well not in the last few decades), but we can't make decent splat proof bottles. :(

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread