Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Happy to help.

But I kinda wonder why a vendor would put such an statement on their site? Are they simply ignorant, or are they intentionally trying to mislead?
I'm not sure if claiming "freezing/thawing from opening the freezer compartment is bad" is on their site or if Morgan got the information some other way. I do know Carolina Xtracts warns against freezing their nic solution on their website. At least it did when I ordered my nic a month or more ago.

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I do know Carolina Xtracts warns against freezing their nic solution on their website.
Yes, I recall seeing that too, and discussing it here somewhere; not sure if it was in this thread or another.

I understand that Carolina Extracts touts their supercritical CO2 extraction process. This is almost certainly cleaner than the traditional solvent/base extraction that may or may not still be in use by other producers of raw nic, but even if it's completely unique, the resulting nic will not have physical properties that are significantly different than any other.

Anyway, it would certainly be interesting to hear any explanation from them as to why they think their nic base is special and shouldn't be stored in a freezer, when pretty much every other vendor recommends it, and I've shown that it's clearly better than storing at room temperature.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that by "freezing" they mean temperatures low enough to actually freeze the solution solid, but temperatures that low cannot be achieved in a home freezer, not by a long shot!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Anyway, it would certainly be interesting to hear any explanation from them as to why they think their nic base is special and shouldn't be stored in a freezer, when pretty much every other vendor recommends it, and I've shown that it's clearly better than storing at room temperature.
This ^^

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yes, I recall seeing that too, and discussing it here somewhere; not sure if it was in this thread or another.

I understand that Carolina Extracts touts their supercritical CO2 extraction process. This is almost certainly cleaner than the traditional solvent/base extraction that may or may not still be in use by other producers of raw nic, but even if it's completely unique, the resulting nic will not have physical properties that are significantly different than any other.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that by "freezing" they mean temperatures low enough to actually freeze the solution solid, but temperatures that low cannot be achieved in a home freezer, not by a long shot!
For the amount of loot CX charges for their nic I would expect some kind of miracle juice. I'm using it for my initial sampling up to now and, while I have nothing to compare it to yet, it's also not standing out in any way I can tell. It's certainly not washing my dishes and vacuuming my living room.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
I'm not sure if claiming "freezing/thawing from opening the freezer compartment is bad" is on their site or if Morgan got the information some other way. I do know Carolina Xtracts warns against freezing their nic solution on their website. At least it did when I ordered my nic a month or more ago.

See for yourself. https://www.carolinaxtract.com/cxtc-faq

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 3.32.24 PM.png

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Does anyone have experience with NR Chemnovatic nic? Does it always smell bad? I just opened my third bottle of it (hoping it would be good as I’ve heard good things about it) and it smells like a musty old barn, just like the other 2 bottles. Obviously I won’t be buying it again but if it’s normal for it to smell bad/weird I’ll save it for a nic emergency

http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1472238000_20_1_USD_8_default.png[/img

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
This is the bottle I had in mind,, I can control (squeeze out air) & still freeze in bulk
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZI6B8...olid=2U993AIAO767E&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Another one with a vacuum feature
https://www.amazon.com/silbyloyoe-S...C29ADQWTH6V&psc=1&refRID=3N8HBZ17BC29ADQWTH6V

Interesting! Thanks for posting the links. Not sure I’ll use it but helpful nonetheless

http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1472238000_20_1_USD_8_default.png[/img

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Does anyone have experience with NR Chemnovatic nic? Does it always smell bad? I just opened my third bottle of it (hoping it would be good as I’ve heard good things about it) and it smells like a musty old barn, just like the other 2 bottles. Obviously I won’t be buying it again but if it’s normal for it to smell bad/weird I’ll save it for a nic emergency

I have bought Both 100mg/ml and 250mg/ml Chemnovatic in 100% PG from Nicotine River. Both were Odorless. And Both were virtually Clear.

I'm using some of the 100mg/ml right now. And it is almost Tasteless in Unflavored.

But Both were also purchased awhile back. Before NR did their move. And before some of the Negative Reports about NR started to come in.

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
NR responded and they're sending a replacement. They didn't require a return of the defective nic but said to just dispose of it properly.

I'll dig the bad nic out of the freezer later and report on the smell.

Here's the photo I emailed to NR.

View attachment 844951

I'd be curious to see the color of the nic when poured into a clear glass. I can't tell from that white container that NR uses, what the actual contents looks like. There does seem to be considerable air space in the container though if what I'm seeing is right.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is just a guess, and it's probably dumb to say, but could it be that after the initial rush to hoard nicotine a couple of years ago, sales dwindled after that to the extent that their stock gets somewhat old before it's sold? Just grasping at straws here...
The nic I received from NR was produced 2-3 weeks prior to delivery. It was perfectly fine. Others had bad nic that was produced a day after mine.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Carolina Extracts believes it's nicotine is so special and expensive, it should be purchased in 10 ml bottles, utilized within 15 minutes, or otherwise it becomes smelling salts for swoony women or LATER like 5 minutes later, capable of KILLING all mosquitos on earth especially if you run an ice cube down the side of the vial.

They are expensive crooks, their nicotine is only special because it's expensive so OF COURSE they will say that.

The fools and their money who want to be like, soon parted will buy into it.

I am made of sterner NIC STUFF. I smoked BASICS in college. LOL.

Anna

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
Carolina Extracts believes it's nicotine is so special and expensive, it should be purchased in 10 ml bottles, utilized within 15 minutes, or otherwise it becomes smelling salts for swoony women or LATER like 5 minutes later, capable of KILLING all mosquitos on earth especially if you run an ice cube down the side of the vial.

They are expensive crooks, their nicotine is only special because it's expensive so OF COURSE they will say that.

The fools and their money who want to be like, soon parted will buy into it.

I am made of sterner NIC STUFF. I smoked BASICS in college. LOL.

Anna

Expensive is subjective. When you were smoking Basics, I was smoking (insert drug).

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What's the consensus on storing salt nic? It is more resistant to oxidation than FB. How long it is expected to keep at room temperature?
...Trying to prioritize freezer space.

Per Nude chemist :oops:

New Product Release – Nicotine Salt Nicotine Bases!

"Numerous cationic acids exist on the tobacco leaf; we know this since the pH of tobacco smoke is closer to 5 on the pH scale (1-14) than that of the basic nicotine, which is closer to 8. These acids possess positive charges, AKA free hydrogens, with exhibit attraction to nicotine’s basic nitrogen centers. This is nature’s beautiful way of stabilizing the nicotine molecule for prolonged activity and defense against oxidative degradation. The binding of a cationic salt at nicotine’s electronegative nitrogen center(s), inhibits the oxidative damage it would suffer in comparison to a non-salt formulation!"

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
Per Nude chemist :oops:

New Product Release – Nicotine Salt Nicotine Bases!

"Numerous cationic acids exist on the tobacco leaf; we know this since the pH of tobacco smoke is closer to 5 on the pH scale (1-14) than that of the basic nicotine, which is closer to 8. These acids possess positive charges, AKA free hydrogens, with exhibit attraction to nicotine’s basic nitrogen centers. This is nature’s beautiful way of stabilizing the nicotine molecule for prolonged activity and defense against oxidative degradation. The binding of a cationic salt at nicotine’s electronegative nitrogen center(s), inhibits the oxidative damage it would suffer in comparison to a non-salt formulation!"
Their Nude Armor V3 contains Ascorbic acid in a tiny %. They claim this will make it store better. It is still FB. Maybe adding acid to FB in quantities less than those required to convert it to saltnic still help with combating oxidative stress.
My only concern is that ascorbic acid isn't heat stable at vaporizing temps. So while it might help with storage, we don't know how it behaves when vaporized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread