Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Here’s a pic of what I received from LNW. I’m feeling lazy and want to just throw this in the freezer but I know I should transfer it.
2f729e203899c10c3159967802ece12d.jpg

http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1472238000_20_1_USD_8_default.png[/img

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here’s a pic of what I received from LNW. I’m feeling lazy and want to just throw this in the freezer but I know I should transfer it.

I would Strongly Suggest that you draw off 5ml of that Nicotine Base, Dilute it to a Vapable Level, and then Taste it.

Better to Know Now what it Tastes like. Than a Year from Now when Nicotine Base might be Very Hard to get a hold of.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I would Strongly Suggest that you draw off 5ml of that Nicotine Base, Dilute it to a Vapable Level, and then Taste it.

Better to Know Now what it Tastes like. Than a Year from Now when Nicotine Base might be Very Hard to get a hold of.

Agreed. Last time I opened it to smell it I had to go through all sorts of hoops to get a refund (I returned it at my own expense), and actually didn’t get a refund until after about 15 emails trying to get my money back, I opened a dispute with my credit card company. I was hesitant to order from them again but the bar for nic has been lowered for me since receiving that exceptionally AWFUL nic from NR. A year ago I wouldn’t have touched this stuff but the slight brown discoloration is nothing compared to NRs 250 mg and 100 mg Chemnovatic nic. Both were by far the worst nic I’ve ever seen and smelled. But yes, I’m getting my Boston rounds ready and will do a sniff test. My point is, once I break the foil seal, I’m stuck with it.
As an aside, does electrical tape ever lose its stickiness in the freezer?

http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1472238000_20_1_USD_8_default.png[/img

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

As an aside, does electrical tape ever lose its stickiness in the freezer?

It can. And Electrical Tape doesn't stick to Glass if there is even a Hint of Condensation on the glass.

Tape is to me Optional. But Nice to do. But if you are going to use tape, I would go with Self-Fusing Silicone Tape.

There's a who bunch of talk about it starting here...

silicone tape is probably best.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
If it was ME, I would return it without opening it. Fresh nic should not be that dark, IMHO...

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Since it smells okay, I’m keeping it. Plus, it’s my understanding that since it’s 250 mg, it oxidizes quicker. I’ve resigned myself to bad nic luck and am at the point where as long as it smells okay and isn’t totally brown, I’ll keep it

Size doesn't matter (well, in this case...)

Sorry, but were it me;

I'd return that and any like it.
I'd then order a 500 ml jug next day air.

If the next day shipment arrived in the expected condition, I'd have a chat with whoever the shipping company is to find out why they are storing items in an oven.

If the next day shipment doesn't arrive in the expected condition, I'd list my house and find a better place to live.

• Winner
Reactions: Uncle

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Size doesn't matter (well, in this case...)

Sorry, but were it me;

I'd return that and any like it.
I'd then order a 500 ml jug next day air.

If the next day shipment arrived in the expected condition, I'd have a chat with whoever the shipping company is to find out why they are storing items in an oven.

If the next day shipment doesn't arrive in the expected condition, I'd list my house and find a better place to live.
If I had Chels luck I’d stay away from sharp objects.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Re-opened and made this a sticky :)
I guess I'd better take some new pictures then! My CX samples that included a set in the fridge rather than just room temperature and freezer are coming up on 8 months old soon.

Oh, and the sticky is an unexpected honor!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I guess I'd better take some new pictures then! My CX samples that included a set in the fridge rather than just room temperature and freezer are coming up on 8 months old soon.

Oh, and the sticky is an unexpected honor!
Much deserved honor, because of your work I and I’m sure many others know how to store nicotine.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
OK, I promised you guys some new pictures, right? These samples are all just a bit shy of 8 months old, having been put up on November 3rd, 2019, documented starting at post #858 in this thread.

Here are all the samples lined up in the "light box" (the top shelf of my wife's fridge).
7K9eb1d.jpg

As usual, these have all spent a day in the fridge so they would all be at the same temperature when photographed. I doubt that makes much difference to the optical qualities of the liquid itself, but it makes a big difference in terms of condensation or even frost forming on the bottles.

Secret Decoder Key:
FR=Freezer
RF=Refrigerator
RT=Room Temperature

Close-ups coming in subsequent posts.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Carolina Extracts in PG:

"Lightbox"
J3868eN.jpg

Natural Light:
O2azimJ.jpg

This nic was as close to odor-free as any I've ever had when I received it. The Room temperature sample seems to have have darkened the least of any of these samples. The fridge and freezer samples are for all intents and purposes indistiguishable.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Carolina Extracts in VG:

"Lightbox"
VoHe4WM.jpg

Natural light:
dobl4VY.jpg

This nic was fairly smelly and already somewhat yellow when I received it. The Room Temperature sample has darkened the most (as expected), but there's also a bit of darkening in the Fridge sample. The Freezer sample has changed the least (also expected). I can't say for sure whether there's been any change in the Freezer sample. If so, the change is quite minimal.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
VapersTek PG:

"Lightbox":
To36Ro3.jpg

Natural light:
rRS2r9r.jpg

This nic was formerly a long-term freezer sample, kept in its original PET bottle since June of 2017 to see if there was a noticeable difference between PET rebottling in glass. Its room-temperature companion got dumped after I opened it to check whether there was an inner seal in those bottles (there isn't) and took a whiff of it. The freezer sample was still nice and clear, so I used it for this test.

The Freezer and Fridge samples are almost indistinguishable and still quite clear, but the Room Temperature sample has darkened quite a bit, as has been the case with all the other VT samples I've documented in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread