Nic salts for anything other than pods..OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeroo

Nov 16, 2018
Toronto
Generally, you can use nicotine salts anywhere you use freebase nicotine. Nicotine strength in salts vs freebase is roughly equivalent although the effect and duration differ a bit -- at equal density (mg nic per ml solution), salts seem to hit a little harder, kick in a little faster, wear off a little sooner. Throat hit for salts is about half of what you get from the same strength of freebase so you can go much higher in strength with salts. Salts may gunk your coil a bit faster than freebase.

I use salts and freebase interchangeably in all of my RTA's, depending on which bottle is closest at hand when I'm refilling.

Finally, you'll notice that my descriptions are all subjective. These are all generalizations and YMMV.

Ken

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
As @Pokeroo says there is no difference between vaping a nic salt or a freebase. If you sub ohm at 50 watts with 16mg freebase then you can do exactly the same with nic salts at 16mg.

The problem can arise in the high mg nic salts eg. 36mg or sometimes even higher. OK in a pod (low wattage device) bit probably not ok in a sub ohm set up.

Probably wouldn't be fatal :) you'd start feeling very sick before that.

I hope this helps and take care with your nic levels :)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Absolutely, I use freebase and salts in all my rda’s, rta’s, and drop in tanks. I use a restricted pull with between 25-35mg’s freebase and salts with coils that ohm anywhere between .15 to 1 ohm. When I’m vaping the high end mg’s with the low end ohm coils I just vape less. Like one or two pulls a couple of times an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread