NICORETTE® Inhaler ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
... Contains nicotine. Requires willpower.

www.nicorette.ca/stop-smoking/products/inhaler

I never decided to quit smoking, just wanted to find an alternative to the dangers, and found the e-cig.

After 3 hours of vaping I never looked back on them, they just automatically faded out of my life.

Was any willpower involved for you to give up cigarettes?

edit by classwife : removed the [url=http:// from the beginning to break the link

Last edited:

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I remember those things. A few years ago I remember seeing commercials for that thing for a few weeks or so, then nothing

Huh, weird. The nicorette.com site doesn't list the inhaler at all, just the gum/lozenge
I think they are still available in the US, just not over the counter, but can be purchased in Canada and other countries.

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
I was amazed when I took up vaping. I didn't miss or require will power to stick with vaping and quit smoking.
I had very good advice and got good stuff to vape out the gate and have never even thought about a cigarette.

I will say that at the behest of a friend I did try two puffs off of a cigarette a month after quitting and was astounded at how awful it was.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I'm mostly curious as to why they disappeared from the US in the first place
"There are still two nicotine replacement therapies that do require a prescription from a doctor in America: the Nicotrol Inhaler and Nicotrol Nasal Spray.

Most other countries have approved the nicotine inhaler as safe for over-the-counter consumption, but the United States FDA has not yet decided to make it over-the-counter."

voices. yahoo.com/how-nicotrol-inhaler-without-prescription-3376636.html]How to Get the Nicotrol Inhaler Without a Prescription - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com[/url]

edit by classwife : removed the [url=http:// from the beginning to break the link

Last edited by a moderator:

Cha0tik

Verified Member

www. nicorette.ca/stop-smoking/products/inhaler]NICORETTE® Inhaler – Stop smoking with NICORETTE® nicotine inhaler[/url]

I saw one of those things about 10 years ago, and after several unsuccessful attempts at using gum/patches i went looking for them online and found eCigs. The rest of the story is vapor.... :vapor:

AuBadge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Antioch, TN
neuronradio.net

www. nicorette.ca/stop-smoking/products/inhaler]NICORETTE® Inhaler – Stop smoking with NICORETTE® nicotine inhaler[/url]

I never decided to quit smoking, just wanted to find an alternative to the dangers, and found the e-cig.

After 3 hours of vaping I never looked back on them, they just automatically faded out of my life.

Was any willpower involved for you to give up cigarettes?

I tried the inhaler a long time ago, and it didn't provide the visual aspect (that exhaled cloud) of smoking which vaping does.
The same day I began vaping was the last day I smoked, which will be a year in February.

twisted1

Moved On
Dec 12, 2012
Will power to drive 40 something miles to find some decent juice after using willpower to vape less than desirable unsteeped juices for 4 days or so.

Will power to drip 24/7 regardless of the plethora of vape devices available.

Will power to stay focused to the task at hand...no more cigarettes with the desire to eliminate nicotine altogether.

Will power to review literally hundred of threads/posts/videos to lead me on this journey.

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I saw the Nicorette inhalers in Germany a few times. My story is similar: Received good information/assistance from an experienced vaper. Had shifted my addiction from cigs to gum. Still craved cigs two years later but relented. Started vaping and the desire has completely diminished. Mixing my own e-juice, dropping the nicotine one mg per ml every 100 ml. I haven't experienced any desire to vape more, nor noticed any side affects from lower nicotine. Will continue until the nic is zero. But I'll always vape :)

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I've used the nicotrol inhaler.

The father of a dude I dated in highschool had dusty packs of the cartridges laying around his house, so i asked if I could have them. I'd pop the foil on the cartridges and suck on them discrete-like at school. It did emulate the taste and sensation of a cigarette pretty remarkably, to the point where you'd automatically try to blow smoke out of habit.

If they weren't expensive and prescription only (meaning you can't use them indefinitely) i would recommend it to those who need a bridge between smoking and vaping. Hell, it may actually be worth it to those people who still have a few cigarettes a day while they still vape.

They didn't help the old man quit, though. He died of lung cancer a few years later, poor guy.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I quit by chewing Nicorette gum the last time I quit and chewed for 10 years. I'd go back to it if I won't be able to get high nic ejuice easily if things change. I even crave it sometimes after 6-7 months of vaping. Same speed of delivery so I don't know why. Old habits die hard. I wonder what the speed of delivery the inhaler is or nose spray? Probably better so thats why they made it prescription only. All I know is, even though nicotine is a stimulant, it relaxes me. I tended to fInd myself gripping the bed when I woke up too early or tense in middle of night and when I chewed my gum to go back to sleep I'm still like gripping until a couple minutes later the hands just let go and sleep returns. I know gripping sounds weird but you know what I mean. The clenching teach , the tightend shoulders and neck thing. Like that. If its supposed to be a stimulant why does it help people relax? I uses it's just the relief of getting the nicotine back in system since its addicting

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
When I quit before using other methods, it was like riding cross-country in the back of a bus next to the bathroom that's door keeps swinging open and hitting you in the shoulder as vile smells escape and your seat mate is overweight and is taking up half your seat as well as his own especially when he falls asleep and his head thumps onto your shoulder and there are two little kids in the seats across from yours who have been fighting with each other non-stop as in, "I know you are, but what am I" and "Not touching. Not touching," and after awhile you hope the driver will fall asleep and drive the bus straight off a cliff because even death would be preferable to this slow, torturous hell.

Quitting through vaping was like taking that same journey on a private jet where soothing music is piped in and your seat reclines so you can stretch out your legs and did I mention that I can smell the chocolate chip cookies warming before they are served to me on a silver platter?

So, no, not much will power was needed in my case. :p

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
When I quit before using other methods, it was like riding cross-country in the back of a bus next to the bathroom that's door keeps swinging open and hitting you in the shoulder as vile smells escape and your seat mate is overweight and is taking up half your seat as well as his own especially when he falls asleep and his head thumps onto your shoulder and there are two little kids in the seats across from yours who have been fighting with each other non-stop as in, "I know you are, but what am I" and "Not touching. Not touching," and after awhile you hope the driver will fall asleep and drive the bus straight off a cliff because even death would be preferable to this slow, torturous hell.

Quitting through vaping was like taking that same journey on a private jet where soothing music is piped in and your seat reclines so you can stretch out your legs and did I mention that I can smell the chocolate chip cookies warming before they are served to me on a silver platter?

So, no, not much will power was needed in my case. :p

Excellent analogy :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread