Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
jimi D. you are too funny and I am soooooooo glad I did not buy THAT nic:p BTW, I typed this into another thread - Ok here's the deal, when it is 90 outside it is close to 110 inside and that is no joke. It would be like heat steeping your nic all day long and most of the night daily - instead of a few hours. I know it changed to peppery because I was trying to vape some that I had in 2 different protank mini 2s - they were NN and VT nic bases with no flavorings added. I also had some VT nic base mixed with wintergreen flavoring in another protank,and still another with black cherry flavoring. They changed within a few days to icky peppery tasting yuck. And believe me they both tasted way better fresh.:( oh and btw it is hotter in the tiny kitchen where I have to put it. It has not been what is considered *room* temp in here all summer. According to google room temp is 73 and under??:blink: I figured this out finally :laugh:

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Wow... just freaking wow.

I just want to pause here while I'm 1/8 of the way through this thread to say THANK YOU to everyone involved (in a positive sense) in this thread.

Special shout-out / high-5 to Cyrus for starting this and doing some crazy research for our benefit. :toast:

I'm just starting the whole DIY sickness and got notified that my NIC has been delivered, so I'll be mixing up a few bottles tonight. I just sort of grabbed nic from the closest vendor (RTS) before finding this thread, but I'm still going into it with an open mind. We'll see what the product is like once I get to vape it. If I don't like it, or get the "pepper" taste (I've noticed this in some of the liquids I get from my semi-local B&M - not for me) at least I'm now better informed on where to go from there. I will be enjoying this thread for a few more days before I can really contribute, but again just wanted to say THANKS GUYS!

I will be enjoying this thread for a few more days before I can really contribute, but again just wanted to say THANKS GUYS!

Please do share your experiences, and don't be shy about posting any questions you may have. This subforum is populated by a lot of helpful people, and there are no snobs that will put you down for asking basic (or complex) questions.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Wow... just freaking wow.

I just want to pause here while I'm 1/8 of the way through this thread to say THANK YOU to everyone involved (in a positive sense) in this thread.

Special shout-out / high-5 to Cyrus for starting this and doing some crazy research for our benefit. :toast:

I'm just starting the whole DIY sickness and got notified that my NIC has been delivered, so I'll be mixing up a few bottles tonight. I just sort of grabbed nic from the closest vendor (RTS) before finding this thread, but I'm still going into it with an open mind. We'll see what the product is like once I get to vape it. If I don't like it, or get the "pepper" taste (I've noticed this in some of the liquids I get from my semi-local B&M - not for me) at least I'm now better informed on where to go from there. I will be enjoying this thread for a few more days before I can really contribute, but again just wanted to say THANKS GUYS!

Central Mass, have you been to Worcester City Vapor near Quinsig? Good people with fair prices :thumb:

NEV FB group has meets at least once/month - https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/newenglandvapers/

We also have a ginormous B&M list so you might have someplace closer than you think.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
jimi D. you are too funny and I am soooooooo glad I did not buy THAT nic:p BTW, I typed this into another thread - Ok here's the deal, when it is 90 outside it is close to 110 inside and that is no joke. It would be like heat steeping your nic all day long and most of the night daily - instead of a few hours. I know it changed to peppery because I was trying to vape some that I had in 2 different protank mini 2s - they were NN and VT nic bases with no flavorings added. I also had some VT nic base mixed with wintergreen flavoring in another protank,and still another with black cherry flavoring. They changed within a few days to icky peppery tasting yuck. And believe me they both tasted way better fresh.:( oh and btw it is hotter in the tiny kitchen where I have to put it. It has not been what is considered *room* temp in here all summer. According to google room temp is 73 and under??:blink: I figured this out finally :laugh:

This is something I've wondered about is how much temp affects nic and liquids. I've heard people have difficulty with high VG mixes in the cold. Well my house is kept closer to 80F+ all year. I also like being outside and a cool day is anything under 90F. I suspect that's one reason why I've never had any problems wicking VG. My tanks don't stay full for very long. :laugh: But I do keep eliquids at room temp for months. I look like a frozen eskimo at 70F.

I keep flavorings in the fridge just because that's got the most room for storage. That's all thats in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52anddone

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Central Mass, have you been to Worcester City Vapor near Quinsig? Good people with fair prices :thumb:

NEV FB group has meets at least once/month - https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/newenglandvapers/

We also have a ginormous B&M list so you might have someplace closer than you think.
I havent yet made it there. Just heard about it from a co worker. I plan on swinging by there soon! Would definitely love a meet and greet, though the two jobs thing makes it tough [emoji20]
I'll be honest, I haven't really looked around for anything closer. Rt13 state line/tobacco haven was where I got my american spirit rolling tobacco, so when they started carrying good juice (and some of their own blends) I just sort of kept going- I'm a creature of habit I guess. Would love to find some new places with better selections.

sent via Droid Mini

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I'd wear a dress in public before I'd vape that USA nic again ! :D

I got a sample of the US extracted too. Yes, strong tobacco taste. Some who like wilder nics might like it. I tend to, but the sample was PG and I also found it to be way too drying for me. I was not offended by the taste, but it was strong, and other than in a tobacco juice, I don't know that I would find use for it.

I did get a L of the Pepper Nic, however. 100 mg VG with 12% water (smart). Got it when it was on sale for $42/L. I love some pepper, and I really love this nic. No taste that I can tell. Good TH too, at least to me.

But I don't see it now on the VT website. Is this called Throat Hit nic now? $35/L today for TH nic. I think Kevin is trying different mixing methods to get a bit of oxides to give pepper and TH to the UK nic.

And just because it is this thread, thought I would mention that in reorganizing my freezer stores to accommodate the Pepper Nic, I found some bottles of Box Elder 48 mg VG from summer of 2011. Same great nic with that distinctive BE taste that I grew to love. More taste than many would like these days, but something very satisfying about it to me. And other than XtremeVaping, no one had completely flavorless nic back then. RTS was very similar to BE in taste...sharp and a bit peppery. Don't think that taste can be found today, anywhere.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I got a sample of the US extracted too. Yes, strong tobacco taste. Some who like wilder nics might like it. I tend to, but the sample was PG and I also found it to be way too drying for me. I was not offended by the taste, but it was strong, and other than in a tobacco juice, I don't know that I would find use for it.

I did get a L of the Pepper Nic, however. 100 mg VG with 12% water (smart). Got it when it was on sale for $42/L. I love some pepper, and I really love this nic. No taste that I can tell. Good TH too, at least to me.

But I don't see it now on the VT website. Is this called Throat Hit nic now? $35/L today for TH nic. I think Kevin is trying different mixing methods to get a bit of oxides to give pepper and TH to the UK nic.

And just because it is this thread, thought I would mention that in reorganizing my freezer stores to accommodate the Pepper Nic, I found some bottles of Box Elder 48 mg VG from summer of 2011. Same great nic with that distinctive BE taste that I grew to love. More taste than many would like these days, but something very satisfying about it to me. And other than XtremeVaping, no one had completely flavorless nic back then. RTS was very similar to BE in taste...sharp and a bit peppery. Don't think that taste can be found today, anywhere.

Yes it's called Throat Hit now. Hurry if you want that price. He said it's going up to $50 come Monday or so.

Kurt, when's the last time you tested any of that 5yo nic for potency?

Let me know if you'd like a free bottle of RTS from the last batch I ordered. It's in PG but...

EDIT - Kevin said in the VT thread that they blew O2 through it to give it a mild bite :)

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys

That US extracted was wild alright ! It reminded me of stale cigs. I guess being a sensitive taster, it hits much harder. If you think it's safe to vape I could always send it off to someone who likes this rugged dry stuff. I mean I vape PG nic base all the time. I've never got a dry taste like this before. I found it to be strange. But, perhaps someone might enjoy it.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Yes it's called Throat Hit now. Hurry if you want that price. He said it's going up to $50 come Monday or so.

Kurt, when's the last time you tested any of that 5yo nic for potency?

Let me know if you'd like a free bottle of RTS from the last batch I ordered. It's in PG but...

EDIT - Kevin said in the VT thread that they blew O2 through it to give it a mild bite :)

If it has not changed color at all, then it has not oxidized or lost potency. No I have not tested it. Yes, I am confident it is virtually the same as when I first put it in the freezer. Loss of potency will be matched with big change of color and taste. This is still fresh, for sure.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
That US extracted was wild alright ! It reminded me of stale cigs. I guess being a sensitive taster, it hits much harder. If you think it's safe to vape I could always send it off to someone who likes this rugged dry stuff. I mean I vape PG nic base all the time. I've never got a dry taste like this before. I found it to be strange. But, perhaps someone might enjoy it.

Not seen the COA of it, so I cannot really say it is safe. I got the impression it had significant oxides and probably other alkaloids. That can be a good thing, not necessarily unsafe, but with this one it didn't really go in the direction of wild that I like. I got more cigar than stale cigs...neither are a great thing to me.

@mowgli: thanks for the tip. Might have to jump...again.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Care to share with us how many liters you have squirreled away for the vapocalypse/Vapaggeddon? If not, please do ignore this comment.

I think you were talking to Kurt but I had 7.7 liters last week.
I have 2 liters of VT TH waiting for more cobalt bottles to arrive before trying it so 9.7L now.

I'm finishing off the RTS I got last August and like it a lot so I got 3 more priced-matched recently.
NN, WL, RTS, Heartland & now VT-TH
My family & friends will vape as long as we want.

Kurt, would you like some 2014 RTS? It's in PG but...

I think you were talking to Kurt but I had 7.7 liters last week.
I have 2 liters of VT TH waiting for more cobalt bottles to arrive before trying it so 9.7L now.
My family & friends will vape as long as we want.

I'm trying to wrap my head around what would be a reasonable amount for my wife and self. I am consuming about 140-180 mg/day, if I can get her back on the bandwagon, maybe between us we would use 200-250 mg/day. At 100,000 mg per liter, using 250 mg/day, a liter would last us 400 days, but we could call that a year given periods of heavy usage and a bit if fudge factor.

Now the question becomes how far ahead do we want to prepare. Will we be ready to walk away from nicotine a year from now, or would we be inclined to go back to smoking? Hard to say, isn't it? I know that nicotine has some therapeutic effects for me I cannot get from other medications without being turned into a zombie. If I owned my home, I would probably buy a dedicated chest freezer and stock it with 20+ liters, considering the price right now and the uncertainty of the future supply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread