The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nicotine Comparisons

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Cyrus Vap, May 20, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Equality 7-2521

Equality 7-2521 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    oakland ca.
    have you tried making salts with benzoic acid yet.

2. mikepetro

mikepetro Vape Geek Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    No, only citric.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    bumpty bump bump @r77r7r :toast:

• Like Like x 7
  4. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I wish I had been vaping around the time of the Box Elder days, but only started in 2014 so lost out on that chance. The best of what I consider a *rough* Nic nowadays is ECX, but if anyone knows of something with more TH, please tell me. ECX with FA Flash are my two main ingredients for TH, as everything else I have tried is just too smooth and tame.

• Like Like x 2
  5. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Most TH I ever had was a hit straight from my mixing bottle. Hi nic (24mg/ml) and Straight Pg.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NicotineRush

NicotineRush Linux Mint/Mate Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've had some of this around for a while but never got around to trying. What's a good starting %?
    Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    I also like a good throat hit. I upped my nicotine from 20 mg to 30 mg and swapped out my usual KGD for Rayon. Really improved my TH and i use less juice.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Capt.shay

Capt.shay Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Try this: Take a small clear bottle half full of 100mg/ml and leave it in a warm window with full sun for about three weeks. Remember to open it often to let in some fresh oxygen. That stuff should have a mule kick to it. I did this completely by accident and it was so strong that I had to throw it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    I'm in, going to try the Benzoic Acid, just ordered from Amazon, not prime shipping on that item which is a bummer but still not terrible :vapor:

• Like Like x 2
  10. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    though now that i think about it if yous had good results with citric and benzoic acids i would have heard a lot more about it by now.....IDK i guess i should check the diy forum

• Like Like x 2
  11. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I experimented with FA Flash all the way up to 3% in a 50/50 blend at 10mg/ml ECX Nic strength for my Unflavored, and worked down to 1.75% of Flash, where I have been at for close to 2 years now. I worked down because it was making me cough at any higher than 1.75%, but you may be different. Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Has anybody tried Heartland vapes Ultra Premium nicotine? I only vape quite high strength unflavored now and am wondering if getting a better quality nicotine will be worth the extra money. They also have there Nic select a bit cheaper as well as there regular even cheaper. No idea in the differences,i have never used Heartland. I also looked at wizard labs Amerinic but that is even more expensive. I guess i want a nice clean nicotine with a nice throat hit.
    It has been a while since i ordered nicotine,i think my last was RTS and they are long gone.Thank you for any help in advance.

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I use Heartland's basic 100mg/mL nic as my go-to nic. It is clean, smooth, and everything I want from my nic. I have never felt the need to try either of their "more premium" offerings; so I'm afraid I can't offer a comparison.

Heartland is a great company to do business with. I recommend them confidently. I don't know if they offer samples smaller than 120mL; but it wouldn't hurt to shoot them an e-mail and ask. As accommodating as they have been it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    Are you still getting along with the Benzoic acid at the ratio above? @dansus

• Like Like x 2
  17. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Im still using up the nic benzoate from Alchem. Its 7.2% nic and 5.8% benzoic, the pH is around 4 and i mix it with 7.2% freebase to get it to a more reasonable pH 7.

I find mixing to pH rather than ratios easier and more relevant. Maybe start with 1:2 ratio and see how you get on. (ie 0.5g of benzoic to 1g of nic)

• Useful Useful x 3
  18. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    That's what I will start with, thank you

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    @dansus just so I'm clear let me run this by you, If have 100 ml of 75 mg nicotine base put it in a 120 ml bottle, add 37.5g benzoic , test ph ,adjust to taste, ph @ 7 or 8 ,just seems like a lot of benzoic acid.....

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    Or is it 3.7? Now that I, I don't sure

• Informative Informative x 2