Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Hey folks! Just so you know, I have not read most of the 259 pages of this thread. But from what I've read y'all seem to be pretty deep into nicotine so if you don't mind, I'd like your opinion of Carolina Xtraction Technologies, if anyone has one.
Carolina Xtraction Technologies Corp CXTC
This is where I plan to purchase unless you've got some convincing argument against it.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Hey folks! Just so you know, I have not read most of the 259 pages of this thread. But from what I've read y'all seem to be pretty deep into nicotine so if you don't mind, I'd like your opinion of Carolina Xtraction Technologies, if anyone has one.
This is where I plan to purchase unless you've got some convincing argument against it.
the best

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Don't recall hearing bad things about them.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    $$$$$$$$$$ WoW!!
    You talking to me? LOL.
    If so, consider a half liter of 100mg will last me about 18 months. So, $102.39 (delivered) doesn't seem bad at all to me.
    The 500ml, mixed down to my vaping strength of 18mg/ml produces 2,778ml which at my rate of consumption of about 5ml/day will last around 556 days or a year and a half, at a cost of $1.29/week. If I opt for the 1 Liter bottle, the weekly cost for a 3-year supply drops to $1.12.
    I'm not swayed by the price factor. Unless there's something out there equally as attractive at a more attractive price, that is.

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    You talking to me? LOL.
    If so, consider a half liter of 100mg will last me about 18 months. So, $102.39 (delivered) doesn't seem bad at all to me.
    The 500ml, mixed down to my vaping strength of 18mg/ml produces 2,778ml which at my rate of consumption of about 5ml/day will last around 556 days or a year and a half, at a cost of $1.29/week.
    I'm not swayed by the price factor. Unless there's something out there equally as attractive at a more attractive price, that is.
    I do not feel there is enough difference in say Nude nic or NicSelect. Not enough to warrant the price difference. I do realize some do think so. If I thought so I would buy it.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia

I posted this in another thread. If you want to dive into scholar on google there is some information there on the supercritical co2 extraction process. They are actually using this process on other 'things' at the moment for the clear reason that it can include more of the plant flavonoids, alkaloids and terpines etc etc

Just remember Carolina's extract's extract process may include more of the other alkaloids than just nicotine. Interestingly, I have never seen a GC/MS-validation cert from them and they have never answered my emails over the years. There is also synthetic nicotine, the cleanest, but has its own issues.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    ... Just remember Carolina's extract's extract process may include more of the other alkaloids than just nicotine...
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is desirable, isn't it?

Kindly point me toward the thread you referenced.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is desireable, isn't it?

No, you only want nicotine. Some of the other alkaloids have caused cancer in rat studies. I'm not saying it is unsafe, it is USP certified I'm sure. I just don't think it is as 'pure' as some of the solvent processed nicotine on the market now, like NicSelect and CNT.

Last edited:

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is desirable, isn't it?

Kindly point me toward the thread you referenced.

The thread only contains what I said. There is a lot of information on the net about the process. I will try and find some bookmarks if I can, I did this a while ago now.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I do not feel there is enough difference in say Nude nic or NicSelect. Not enough to warrant the price difference. I do realize some do think so. If I thought so I would buy it.
    I will check them out. I don't have a money tree in my yard. But, if it's a difference of $1.29/week vs. 89¢/week it won't make much difference.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    The thread only contains what I said. There is a lot of information on the net about the process. I will try and find some bookmarks if I can, I did this a while ago now.
    FWIW, I don't do Google. No need, better alternatives such as ecosia and duckduckgo. I appreciate the information. Maybe I DO need to do some more homework.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I will check them out. I don't have a money tree in my yard. But, if it's a difference of $1.29/week vs. 89¢/week it won't make much difference.
    it is a difference of double and once you start doing DIY any amount of LTRS in the freezer never seem to be enough. You will probably hand out to friends, waste it, spill some, hand some more out to friends etc.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    it is a difference of double and once you start doing DIY any amount of LTRS in the freezer never seem to be enough. You will probably hand out to friends, waste it, spill some, hand some more out to friends etc.
    One thing about this forum which is a bit irritating is the use of abbreviations which are only clear to the "in-crowd". Nevertheless, I've been mixing my own for a few years off of a single nicotine purchase. I really don't see it as a big deal whether I pay $100 or $50 for two years worth of nicotine. Seriously. It does matter to me that I get the best. And others have swayed me to think there may be other choices. In any case, I'm in no rush, I have time for further study before I purchase anything.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    One thing about this forum which is a bit irritating is the use of abbreviations which are only clear to the "in-crowd". Nevertheless, I've been mixing my own for a few years off of a single nicotine purchase. I really don't see it as a big deal whether I pay $100 or $50 for two years worth of nicotine. Seriously. It does matter to me that I get the best. And others have swayed me to think there may be other choices. In any case, I'm in no rush, I have time for further study before I purchase anything.
    If it helps DIY is “DO it Yourself” and “LTRS” are Litres.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    If it helps DIY is “DO it Yourself” and “LTRS” are Litres.
    Well, since I've been mixing my own for a while, as well as being on other forums where DIY is as common as LTNS (long time no see) and FWIW (for what it's worth), I got that. It's a common abbreviation universally. So far as abbreviating liters is concerned, that's simply absurd. LTRS is precisely two characters shorter than liters (1 character if you count the shift key) and in the category of moronic abbreviations.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Well, since I've been mixing my own for a while, as well as being on other forums where DIY is as common as LTNS (long time no see) and FWIW (for what it's worth), I got that. It's a common abbreviation universally. So far as abbreviating liters is concerned, that's simply absurd. LTRS is precisely two characters shorter than liters (1 character if you count the shift key) and in the category of moronic abbreviations.

Liters actually has an abbreviation, L.
    I don't understand the reasoning for a lot of them. Even working from a phone the modern phones argue when you try to make them up so you end up saving no time.
    If the early American politicians had internet we'd have the SSB instead of the Star Spangled Banner.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    If the early American politicians had internet we'd have the SSB instead of the Star Spangled Banner.
    I don't blame it on the internet. I use the internet daily and see no need for such absurd, pointless abbreviations. Seriously, what is the point in abbreviation, when you're talking about a short word and the "abbreviation" is practically as long as the original word? Is it a "cool" factor?
    I admit, my agenda is further in scope. I am agitated by the [word for illegitimate child censored by ECF, even though it is legitimate] of the English language promoted by smartphone usage. But it is especially the pointless abbreviations which get under my skin.
    I'm an old fart. Even when I understand the nonsensical abbreviations, it still bugs me.

P.S. I would've instantly understood L as being liter, in context.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread