Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It just shows the various differences between some nicotine sellers. My MFS from 18 months ago is perfectly clean no pepper taste or harshness,that is vaping unflavored at between 20mg and 30 mg 50vg/50pg. My ECX i got two years ago was nearly unvapeable at 12 mg 50vg/50pg unflavored and that was from the day it arrived. So peppery it was untrue. Maybe i just got lucky with the MFS and unlucky with the ECX.

I was a little concerned with the comments I read here after ordering from ECX. I'm hoping the reviews on their site are representative of current product.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
At first glance I'm surprised there is so much inconsistency among batches based on impressions here. I suspect most of the extractions are consistent at the source and somehow get affected after they leave that original source. Climate, handling and the stateside dilution process are certainly factors before it ships out to us. What happens on the way to our door sure can't help.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Personally i'm pretty sure people getting bad peppery nic is the vendors processing, as already stated. I always buy my nicselect from between a few vendors which i've mailed with before and know they get there nicselect pre-dilluted into PG or VG from alchem themselves from a pharma-subcontractor which also titrates it and make extra COA for the dilluted product, and when the vendors get it, they lay it in big fridge and refills bottles from it only and ships out. Of course if the vendor knows what he is doing, then there's nothing wrong with having them themselves do the dilution.

@All, You can email the vice-president of alchem and say you're interested in reviewing the nic and he'll usually send you a 100mg 100ml bottle, if wanting to see how it can be atleast ;)

Sorry DaveP if I was unclear, but nicselect is not known to be low in TH. It has good TH, like I speculated pure non-salt nic should have, but it isn't a TH that is unpleasant or scratches your TH or how to put it. It's very clean nic no doubt, but it's not known to have the least TH, like chemnovatic and cxtc etc. Sorry again! :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am personally glad I got all my nic before insane temps start. I mean... Yeah, travel can't be good. I still don't quite understand how those "special bags" that they use for at home med delivery work, but if indeed they work, I'd love if nic suppliers could do anything to protect the nic en route.

But, I would have to guess that really large variations in quality would occur on the vendor side, too. I don't think a few days in transit is likely to completely destroy nic but my goal was "all stocked up by Easter" and I overshot by a few weeks. But, no major harm done.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Interesting article about stateside production of nicotine and nicotine bases.

Could U.S. tobacco farmers produce nicotine for growing e-cig market?

It's expected that an experimental batch of liquid nicotine will be produced somewhere this year in the U.S. burley tobacco belt. Wells Fargo has projected that e-cigs will overtake traditional cigarettes in volume sold by 2023.

It is believed that the nicotine for electronic cigarettes, or e-cigs, comes from China, India and maybe Eastern Europe. “Why can't American growers produce it here?” said Rod Kuegel, a burley and dark tobacco grower from Owensboro, KY.

E-cigs are battery-powered devices that vaporize liquid nicotine solutions to simulate the experience of a conventional cigarette without the smoke. Kuegel said meetings and negotiations are going on this spring to see if this market could be developed, and he is sure that an experimental batch of liquid nicotine will be produced somewhere in the burley belt this year.

“We have the best controls on pesticide residues that exist in tobacco. If electronic cigarettes are supposed to be healthier, how can they use nicotine from tobacco that doesn't measure up to ours?" he said. "This product should be produced in the U.S.”

He is not sure how liquid nicotine would be produced, but whatever the method, it is not likely to be too difficult for Americans to adopt.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I am personally glad I got all my nic before insane temps start. I mean... Yeah, travel can't be good. I still don't quite understand how those "special bags" that they use for at home med delivery work, but if indeed they work, I'd love if nic suppliers could do anything to protect the nic en route.

But, I would have to guess that really large variations in quality would occur on the vendor side, too. I don't think a few days in transit is likely to completely destroy nic but my goal was "all stocked up by Easter" and I overshot by a few weeks. But, no major harm done.

Anna

The two liters I ordered in 2016 from MFS came wrapped in ziplocks in a box stuffed full of Styrofoam peanuts. Sure, they could have packed them in form fit expanding Styrofoam blocks, but mine were still in the center of the peanuts when the box arrived.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Anna

My new liter of 100mg nic is supposed to be delivered Monday from Washington state by UPS. I'm looking forward to some fresh stock. Ground transportation only from what I know about the regulation changes. Once upon a time nic shipments from the left coast would have been air shipped to Atlanta and trucked down to Macon.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
You have to realize that one person might find a certain Nic has objectionable TH and another person will find that the same Nic out of the same bottle is bland. I used to inhale Cigars when I smoked, so that's where I am coming from.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm using 6 year old nic from ECX right now. Just as crystal clear as the day I bought it.

That's what I read on ECX's website. Clear to pale yellow. I guess that depends on the batch and the clock time since extraction.

I've always wondered about synthetic nic. The formula seems not to be complex. It's Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen.

Nicotine
Chemical formula:
C₁₀H₁₄N₂

E-Cigs Are Going Tobacco-Free With Synthetic Nicotine

Synthetic nicotine tastes better in vaping liquids, says Tully—as in it tastes like nothing. The stuff extracted from tobacco may still have a whiff of plant, which creates off-flavors that liquid manufacturers mask with sweeteners and aggressive flavors. It’s not a coincidence that popular flavors are basically candy.

Nicotine-103016783.jpg

Getty Images
The downside of synthetic nicotine is cost. SQN uses Next Generation Labs’ synthetic nicotine in three lines—NKTR, NKTR Sour, and Melt—and Uy says it costs 13 times as much as the readily available natural version. Tobacco plants are, after all, very good at making nicotine, thanks to centuries of breeding for just that purpose.

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
You have to realize that one person might find a certain Nic has objectionable TH and another person will find that the same Nic out of the same bottle is bland. I used to inhale Cigars when I smoked, so that's where I am coming from.
Ditto ^^^^^^ what he said!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My liter of ECigExpress 100mg/ml nic came in a few minutes ago. I shook it per the label on the bottle (I'm sure UPS mixed it enough coming across the country). I opened the cap and removed the seal and peered down through the opening. It's water clear, so clear that I can see the seam on the bottle of the liter jug clearly through a few tiny bubbles created by my shaking. Allergies abound in the South this time of year and my nose isn't working at 100%, but I noticed no particular odor.

Looks like a winner in clarity, color, appearance, and odor. I'll mix a bottle of unflavored soon and get most of it frozen in a day or two.

Last edited:

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
So, Nicotine River has dropped NicSelect for PurNic. Not much info, seems they have just replaced the word NicSelect with PurNic on their site. I'm thinking PurNic may be NicSelect from a different wholesale supplier.

They will be carrying other brands of nic as well apparently, Chemnovatic etc. Interesting, wonder if Liquid Barn will have any issues with NicSelect.

Last edited:

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
So, Nicotine River has dropped NicSelect for PurNic. Not much info, seems they have just replaced the word NicSelect with PurNic on their site. I'm thinking PurNic may be NicSelect from a different wholesale supplier.

They will be carrying other brands of nic as well apparently, Chemnovatic etc. Interesting, wonder if Liquid Barn will have any issues with NicSelect.
According to them, they are making there own nic. Well from what I understood purilam was making it.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I just got some of HV ultra premium nicotine. My favorite to date.
I have only used Heartland's "basic" nicotine. What do you like about the Ultra Premium? What makes it better in your mind? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I have only used Heartland's "basic" nicotine. What do you like about the Ultra Premium? What makes it better in your mind? Inquiring minds want to know... :D
I have never tried their regular. I only vape unflavored at between 20 mg and 30 mg 50vg/50pg. I just find it so clean with a good but not harsh throat hit with a really nice subtle flavor. Kind of like a sauvignon blanc wine with a hint of nutiness. Very subtle but delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread