Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
Thanks for letting us know how it happened tumbafox. That is a good lesson for all DIYers to learn. Two good lessons. Always check the nic strength and always clean up completely after.

Same could be said for leaving pre-made juice bottles laying around if you have kids or pets. Don't do it.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I was making juice, using a cup as a go-between. forgot about it, next morning picked it up, not thinking, to take pill. Just took a sip. About 4-5 ml.

OMG, you poor thing!! Well, it's a good thing it wasn't as strong as you thought. Did you contact the supplier from where you bought that base?

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY
I'm not selling anything. I am glad that a test kit exists. We have to police our suppliers. Have you heard of "Family Smoking Prevention and tobacco Control Act,"
See: http://blog.e-cigarettedirect.com/e-cigarettes-fda/what-is-the-tobacco-control-act/

E-cigs are legal to be sold as tobacco products but just like cigarettes they may not be salable on the internet. The FDA has a timeline to impose the new regulations.
See:
Timeline: Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.

We will all be able to get our stuff just at stores licensed to sell tobacco products. I'm sure there will still be an underground to buy custom mods. At least I hope so.

Self testing will keep suppliers honest!

could be a sales ploy... hey i'm just saying.

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I purchased one of those same Nic juice test kits. It works pretty well. Not something I'd use all the time but it is fairly inexpensive. And I can see testing base liquid from a new vendor to see if it matches, or a particular juice that seems off. Just as an extra safety check. I made a video on using it, its fairly simple, even for the mathematically challenged folks like me. :)

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I purchased one of those same Nic juice test kits. It works pretty well. Not something I'd use all the time but it is fairly inexpensive. And I can see testing base liquid from a new vendor to see if it matches, or a particular juice that seems off. Just as an extra safety check. I made a video on using it, its fairly simple, even for the mathematically challenged folks like me. :)

Would you be kind enough to post a link? :)

mjradik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Columbia, MD
I was making juice, using a cup as a go-between. forgot about it, next morning picked it up, not thinking, to take pill. Just took a sip. About 4-5 ml.

Hey tumba, did that nicotine effect your posting skills? lol... It seems like you posted the same explination like 4 times... Was your internet browser locking up at the time, and you press 'submit' 4 times...lol.

I immediately drank a half gallon of water to dilute it. I was sweating like a pig with panic symptoms
Oh, I bet you were bricks.. If It were me I would have been on the phone with 911 right away. When I was having OD symptons when I vapped the 30mg stuff, I was ...this... close to wanted to go to the hospital...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
I just figured he picked up a bottle of what he thought were flavor drops for his coffee and drank it down. Close enough.

And remember, how much you weigh can affect how much you can safely absorb. What would kill a 130lb 65 year old with slow metabolism might not even phase a 130lb 19 year old male if full metabolic growth stage. Or someone weighing 130lbs vs someone weighing 350lbs. So many variables to consider. But yeah, we cant let this stuff sit out. I suffer from CRS. I'm lucky if remember where my car keys are, let alone if I drank coffee or tea in the cup I left next to the computer last night....

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I don't know how you'd accidently drink or vape the juce. I hope the OP comes back. I hate mysteries when we don't know how they end.

I've used isopropyl alcohol to clean atomizers/cartomizers. I drop them in a tall skinny shot glass, pour enough in to cover them.

I had one sitting on the counter in the kitchen. I took the atomizer I was cleaning out of the shot glass and took it to my bedroom. Just as I was doing that, a friend of mine showed up - I didn't even know he was in the house. He saw the shot glass, and assumed I'd poured myself a drink. He decided to drink it before I got back...

I'm now much more careful, even when I'm the only one in the house. Nic would be much more risky than the rubbing alcohol.

mjradik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Columbia, MD
He saw the shot glass, and assumed I'd poured myself a drink. He decided to drink it before I got back...

I'm now much more careful, even when I'm the only one in the house. Nic would be much more risky than the rubbing alcohol.

Actually rubbing alchohol can be just as or more deadly, especially the 90% stuff. I suprised he didn't smell ther shot glass before drinking. Rubbing alchohol has a much stronger small than vodka or any other alchohol. He must have been an alchoholoic, lol.....

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
  • Deleted by oldsoldier

tommy2bad

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Kilkenny
Fascinating thread, Aways suspected that consistency wasn't a major concern for e-juice manufactures.
Nic being the most expensive ingredient is going to be the most skimped on. Not taring all vendors with the same brush, but lets face it their are some quick buck merchants out their as in all products.
Close one OP'er, sort of lucky you got a dud batch 'tho

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Ugh this is ridiculous. Dude if you can't be responsible, please please please stop handling high concentrations of nic. This is just the ammo needed to load the guns pointed at e cigs.

I really don't want my way of life affected by an irresponsible (add your own adjective here) person.

Oh come on. I think everyone on the planet has at one time or another eaten a dog treat (me) or sprayed deodorant on their hair instead of hairspray or threw their cigarette lighter out the window.

No need to go out of your way to try to make people feel stupid or they won't post here. And we wouldn't have found out that some of the base that's being sold should be checked. You really think it's necessary to give an adult a lecture?

I am backing Fray up on this, sorry.

Dog treats are one thing, they are not a toxic substance...
One should treat these things with a certain amount of care when going about the DIY path-
leaving a glass full of nicotine over night on the counter seems...unsavory.

Regardless-
each to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread