Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
These 510 MEGA Nitro DCT ProCoil V2 2.4Ω are amazing cartos. The one thing I didn't like about other cartos (the way I use them) is after they are in the tank for a couple days the draw becomes tighter and tighter because the filler swells up from juice saturation. Nitros, so far, don't seem to have that problem nor will they with no filler material in them. The vapor production is great as is the taste. My juice seems to taste better in these. They also work great under higher heat settings something no other carto has been able to do so far. I have run them up very high and they didn't seem to falter.
Ring for Gaposis as it's been aptly named is a non issue for me. I guess it depends on which one you use. I'm currently using the one that came with my Protank and it fits right up where it belongs so there is no Gaposis
The only thing the cartos with filler seem better at is vaping with your PV in an upward position like when your reclining on your back, watching TV or a movie and vaping which I'm a hand at. Nitros run out of juice in the upside down position.
All said I really love them in the environment they're suited for.

Last edited:

Gregg

Oct 1, 2010
Massachusetts
On my second day with a 1.8 o and liking it in certain aspects but miss my fusion in the others. I am getting a lot of popping and can't seem to find a solution for it, I do like quiet vaping. And as 5card mentioned with the steep inclined vaping is a problem. But the vapor production is massively there and just won't quit as long as the ports are submerged in juice. I have not been able to flood to get a moist or damp vape no matter how I try which is somewhat missed in those desperate moments. Overall I give them a thumbs up and do believe they will be another Ikenvape product that will be hard to keep on the shelf.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I was so excited to receive these on Friday but they did not come. Then Saturday has passed and the USPS is failing me. If my drip tips from Fasttech come in before these I demand that USPS has to hide in the box of shame for a week.
I to have been waiting over a week since I ordered them to arrive and no show. disappointed. hope they are decent cartons when they do show up. seems like when I Oder things from I ken they take forever to get to me.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
On my second day with a 1.8 o and liking it in certain aspects but miss my fusion in the others. I am getting a lot of popping and can't seem to find a solution for it, I do like quiet vaping. And as 5card mentioned with the steep inclined vaping is a problem. But the vapor production is massively there and just won't quit as long as the ports are submerged in juice. I have not been able to flood to get a moist or damp vape no matter how I try which is somewhat missed in those desperate moments. Overall I give them a thumbs up and do believe they will be another Ikenvape product that will be hard to keep on the shelf.

The popping is just the juice vaporizing and the higher you have your setting the more and louder the popping.
I'm loving them but as you mentioned they have their place and Fusions has their place. It's nice to have 2 great cartos to go to.

Last edited:

rdwg

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2012
usa
I'm giving the 2.4 ohm pro coils a 5 volt Boba's Bounty torture test. It had a little trouble keeping up out of the box but better than I expected. I like to chain vape a few hits in a row so I had to take a lot of unpowered primer hits to keep the coil happy. I decided to take a small strand of wick out with some tweezers and now it's working great. Good flavor and throat hit. Outstanding vapor production. Getting a little over nic'd. :vapor:

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I was trying these out with Absolute Pin last night (2.4ohm), but I think I didn't give it enough time to prime - I vaped straight away and seemed to have a permanent slight taste of burned rubber!

Given that they don't have filler, I'm thinking it wouldn't be so hard to change flavors - maybe just put some unflavored in there to clean the wick?

I also found that at going above 4 volts gave me a burned taste. But that may have been that I was vaping hesitantly trying to avoid the burned rubber taste LOL

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I loaded mine like I do all my fresh carto installations. I put it in the tank without the top cap, fill the tank to the top, then push the top on. When I push the top down it forces the amount of juice the cap displaces into the carto for a good prime amount. I have chain vaped, etc. and the only dry puff I got was while watching a new movie while reclining on my backside.

vapeclining_zpsb8e03968.png

Another thing I've noticed about Nitros, or at least the one I've been using, is it's better on juice. I keep puffing and puffing and the juice level moves down very slow.

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Just got my Nitros ProCoils on Saturday. Been using only 24 hours so far.
I was a bit dubious about not having to prime them. But I just used a carto filling tool to insert the dry Nitro ProCoil into a tank. Filled the tank. Took a few dry draws and hit the power.
Really great Vape ! A wide open, no resistance huge vapor and flavor hit. I ran the 2.4 all the way up to 4.8 volts with no burning or problems.
I wonder how long until the coil gunks up and if there is a way to clean or dry burn the coil to prolong its life.
Really great product!!

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I also got some of the Nitro non-ProCoils. I had read a thread here saying they also did not have to be primed. After such good success with the ProCoil I tried to treat them the same. Loaded in tank. Filled. A few long dry pulls. Then power.
No go. Burnt carto on first draw. Carto ruined.
Then I primed one the way I would any other carto and that worked well.
At the moment I am not noticing much difference between the Nitros and the platinums and S series. Except that the Nitros can be run at a higher wattage.
Same great Ikenvape taste and draw. More time with them may bring out the difference

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread