ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Is it pollyfill inside?
Has carto tech changed, btw?

it's a wick. see here...

100_6024_zps95c23b79.jpg

there's a chamber at the bottom to keep things contained so the wick can get wet, but the whole thing doesn't flood.

100_6026_A_zps61b41bc9.jpg

and a chimney for air flow.

100_6015_A_zpsdb8d7c33.jpg

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Well, I guess I will chime in, just in case a vote counts :)
My experience and priorities are a bit different, I think...
I was a Platinum fan, and swapped some of the clogged batch for Nitros and a few Dualies.

1) I think you DO have to prime them. I trusted you people, and toasted the first one. :glare:
Yes, I dry-pulled, but it did not self-prime. Priming with a condom worked fine. (but they don't come with one)

2) Honestly, I HATE the flange. It's messing up my nice flush fit for almost every combination of tanks. I am using a Hippo I don't need, just so I can pull it up and kind of cover the flange gap.

3) I have about a dozen tanks, and none of them are XL, so I haven't tried the fillerless ProCoil

4) Nitro 2.4 Punch: I did NOT get a long life out of it - started getting that "clogged draw" pretty quickly actually. Haven't used many, so it may not be a real thing, but it seemed to be aging much faster than platinums did.

4) Nitro DUAL 2.0: This is vaping nicely so far. Not a huge difference, though it does seem to handle it really well if I crank up the voltage a little extra and get some hot-sizzle-firing (which I do like)

Bottom Line:
I need no-flange cartos.
I need standard size.

- Are platinums coming back or permanently replaced by Nitro's?
- Are Nitro's coming without a flange?
- Are DCT's coming in Standard size?
- Are DCT's coming without a flange?

The new factory is pressuring us to have a minimum of 10,000 units to accomplish flange-less and 35mm filler less, so it is going to take time to build for us to accomplish it.

The Nitro is not replacing the Platinum models. Only the 510 Fusion line currently.
We're currently working on reviving the Platinum line.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Can they be cleaned? I use sweet juice and it gunks it up. thanks

Hello hello!
I'm sure than can be, but I never tried it. Maybe a quick soak with some alcohol? You would want to make absolute certain no traces are left behind but it does evaporate very quickly with air. And don't activate it without it being saturated in liquid first. I can't guarantee it but by the design it should be fine. The safest way to clean one is just to use a known mild liquid and vape through it.

mb300sd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
ohio
Hello hello!
I'm sure than can be, but I never tried it. Maybe a quick soak with some alcohol? You would want to make absolute certain no traces are left behind but it does evaporate very quickly with air. And don't activate it without it being saturated in liquid first. I can't guarantee it but by the design it should be fine. The safest way to clean one is just to use a known mild liquid and vape through it.

The only reason that I want to clean them is that Isaac doesn't have any more. Bummer. I missed the relist and am sad.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Not anymore thanks to wonderful people like Electricnut. Nice to know there are nice caring people like Electricnut still in the world today.

FMNGA_zpsf6b2da7b.gif

You can say that again buddy! E-nut was a very first customers and supporters. He is an amazing guy. Youtube two harps to see him in action. Just a genuine original gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread