Nitros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Where do you even see the wick? I can't see mine!
Hi Amanda!
I was going to write you to see how you were making out! Yep, we borrowed the micro silica wick from the io6 atty.
Is the taste noticeably different than a fillered carto? Similar to a BCC or Tcc clearo?
Oh yes, it's fantastic. The flavor is significantly better. We have reserves that will be going up in a couple of days.

mb300sd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
ohio
Hi Amanda!
I was going to write you to see how you were making out! Yep, we borrowed the micro silica wick from the io6 atty.

Oh yes, it's fantastic. The flavor is significantly better. We have reserves that will be going up in a couple of days.

Reserves you say? Yippee! I was very bummed to see they were gone so quick. I must have more. Thank you so much for making these. I loff them.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
anybody else try the DCT nitros with pure or high VG juice yet? if so, how's it wicking and working for you? at this point i can get a few nice hits, but then i have to put it down for a while. i think the wife might be using my DCT nitros up since she uses 50/50 almost exclusively... and doesn't chain vape quite like i do.

hey Isaac... something tells me you have to check your spam folder again. it's been 10 days since my last email to you, buddy.

mgavilondo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wondering is anyone could help me out.. I'm a huge fan of ikens and have loved platinum slotted a and punched.. Only got a few of the last bad batch and when nitros came out I jumped all over it... The 2.4 punch is hands down the best carto I've ever had.. Ridiculously easy to prime and the draw and flavor is perfect.. Couldn't wait to try the mega dct's.. I even bought a new ibtanked xl in it's honor cause I didn't have an xl tank before they came out.. So fill my first batch with 80vg juice and did like 15 or so primer puffs and started vaping at a low voltage like Isaac instructed.. Well the TH made me cough quite a bit, very silent, a bit muted flavor.. Surprised I turned it up expecting for the wicking to kick in but nothing and then ingot a burnt hit.. Not wanting to ruin the carto I emptied the juice out and put in a fresh one and changed the juice to a 50/50, same burnt hit... So I left it alone... Can anyone give me some guidance with these. I do want to like them cause the idea is killer.. Just don't know what I'm doing wrong.. Others are loving it and I want that feeling as well but I don't know why the juice isn't wicking :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well, I guess I will chime in, just in case a vote counts :)
My experience and priorities are a bit different, I think...
I was a Platinum fan, and swapped some of the clogged batch for Nitros and a few Dualies.

1) I think you DO have to prime them. I trusted you people, and toasted the first one. :glare:
Yes, I dry-pulled, but it did not self-prime. Priming with a condom worked fine. (but they don't come with one)

2) Honestly, I HATE the flange. It's messing up my nice flush fit for almost every combination of tanks. I am using a Hippo I don't need, just so I can pull it up and kind of cover the flange gap.

3) I have about a dozen tanks, and none of them are XL, so I haven't tried the fillerless ProCoil

4) Nitro 2.4 Punch: I did NOT get a long life out of it - started getting that "clogged draw" pretty quickly actually. Haven't used many, so it may not be a real thing, but it seemed to be aging much faster than platinums did.

4) Nitro DUAL 2.0: This is vaping nicely so far. Not a huge difference, though it does seem to handle it really well if I crank up the voltage a little extra and get some hot-sizzle-firing (which I do like)

Bottom Line:
I need no-flange cartos.
I need standard size.

- Are platinums coming back or permanently replaced by Nitro's?
- Are Nitro's coming without a flange?
- Are DCT's coming in Standard size?
- Are DCT's coming without a flange?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I think it must be the setup you're using because I have no gap at all. I'm wondering if I'll ever have to buy anymore as I'm still vaping on #1. It started out airy which I didn't care for but that's gone now. Vaping with it seems to keep getting better each day I use it.

It would be nice to have both flanged and unflanged so everyone is happy.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Provari and "flat bottom" tanks - like the Loki; Kir Fanis Trap, Veradaro, and Prive...
I usually use a "ring" but with a flange, most of them just jiggle loose under the tank...cause I can't push the tank down that last mm to be flush. I hope that makes sense.
Haven't yet put one in Prive-Special or SnP that have built-in rings to see if the ring will cover it or if the flange will prevent the ring from fully covering the top cap of the mod.

What do you use that there's no gap with a flange?

I think it must be the setup you're using because I have no gap at all. I'm wondering if I'll ever have to buy anymore as I'm still vaping on #1. It started out airy which I didn't care for but that's gone now. Vaping with it seems to keep getting better each day I use it.

It would be nice to have both flanged and unflanged so everyone is happy.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I use it on a variable box I built with an ego connecter on it and the auto ego I bought from Ikenvape. Anymore though there are so many different setups that either both with and without a flange would be good. Without a flange would work just as well though. Those are the only 510 devices I have as I'm not a 510 threaded device person. Too many issues with them and this is another one.
But they have become the most used thread and I believe because of the ego.

Yes your post makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread