• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

No Postal Strike on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 postphoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
Since the postal union is not providing the 72-hour notice this evening there will be no strike activity on May 25th.

In the context of the Union submitting a global offer tomorrow the CUPW National Executive Board has decided not to submit a 72-hour strike notice this evening. A 72-hour notice is required under the Canada Labour Code prior to any strike/lockout action being undertaken by a union or employer.

Currently it is impossible to predict what will occur over the next few days. If the employer responds favourably to the Union’s global offer we may move quickly towards a negotiated settlement. If not there is little doubt that strike action will be necessary to convince CPC to drop its rollbacks and negotiate the demands of the membership.
We prefer to negotiate a settlement. But we are ready and prepared to strike if necessary.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Well to be quite frank (And I just WISH CP would actually take the time to read this, but I'll keep dreaming) I don't think any of them deserve to strike.

The quality of Canada Posts' service is terrible and I can honestly say I have been treated a lot better as a human being by Airport Security.

Even though I have family in CP, I still am appalled by them. That's just my 2 cents.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
In an effort to achieve a collective agreement by May 25, 2011 without a work disruption, CUPW is prepared to accept important compromises and, accordingly, makes the offer of settlement outlined below. This is a global offer, and it must be considered as a whole. No single item in this offer can be examined in isolation.
Should this offer not be accepted as a whole, CUPW reserves the right to withdraw this offer, as well as all compromises it contains, and return to its original demands.
All agreements in principle signed by the parties shall be maintained.
All provisions of the collective agreement that are not amended through these agreements in principle or through the proposals that follow shall be renewed status quo, except where concordance changes are necessary.
Regarding the issues specifically referred to below, CUPW proposes adopting the contractual language already provided to the Corporation, unless otherwise indicated.

Means they can put in the 72 hour notice on May 25th and strike May 28th. So we are safe this week.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
I feel your frustration. My old carrier was terrible. When they consolidated the route with another we got that carrier. He is excellent. The consolidation meant our mail comes about 2 hours later but now it comes consistently. :)

The Frustrated Vaper's Postal Re-education Course for Some - but not all - Postal Workers....

1. Read address on package
2. Check that it is in the correct city and country
3. Read address on building / mailbox / sign
4. Make sure the 2 actually MATCH (details are very important here).
5. When both match -deliver to person at that address - preferably answering to the name of the addressee...

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
Jack sent me a package and it went to my neighbours who went away, so needles to say it took 2 times and then instead of knocking they just left a notice for me to pick up my item at the post office. I think some letter carriers need to go back to school and take remedial reading.

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
In an effort to achieve a collective agreement by May 25, 2011 without a work disruption, CUPW is prepared to accept important compromises and, accordingly, makes the offer of settlement outlined below. This is a global offer, and it must be considered as a whole. No single item in this offer can be examined in isolation.
Should this offer not be accepted as a whole, CUPW reserves the right to withdraw this offer, as well as all compromises it contains, and return to its original demands.
All agreements in principle signed by the parties shall be maintained.
All provisions of the collective agreement that are not amended through these agreements in principle or through the proposals that follow shall be renewed status quo, except where concordance changes are necessary.
Regarding the issues specifically referred to below, CUPW proposes adopting the contractual language already provided to the Corporation, unless otherwise indicated.

Means they can put in the 72 hour notice on May 25th and strike May 28th. So we are safe this week.
Thanks Ian for keeping us updated! I have no idea where you get the info cuz I googled and couldn't find a thing! You rock! I got some United States packages coming this week I hope!

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
Jack sent me a package and it went to my neighbours who went away, so needles to say it took 2 times and then instead of knocking they just left a notice for me to pick up my item at the post office. I think some letter carriers need to go back to school and take remedial reading.
I hope you are going to complain about this to a CP supervisor! If someone accidentally got my nic juice, and it was a child, and they died cuz of it..LORD!

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
CPC has notified the Union that they are preparing a response to our Global Offer. In this context the CUPW National Executive Board has decided not to submit a 72 hour strike notice today. Consequently there will be no strike activity on May 27th.
I am just so thankful that I have all this week to get parcels. But next week, ugh! If this strike, I am up the creek without a paddle. Thanks a bunch for keeping us so up to date on the strike. Google has not been my friend lately.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
May 25, 2011

Negotiations are continuing at the sub-committee tables. This will provide both parties with the opportunity to clarify issues and hopefully will stimulate new proposals and movement at the tables.

In this context the CUPW National Executive Board has decided not to submit a 72 hour strike notice today. Consequently there will be no strike activity on May 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread