Noob questions about eGo (and other tank style personal vaporizers) vs Veppo Vetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm new to this forum! My name is Paul. I've been vaping for about 6 months. For the first 5 I went from crappy e cig to crappy e cig. From modern smoke to Blu to v2, I tried everything. Finally after lots of wasted time and money I finally decided I needed to invest in a quality nicotine vaporizer. I bought a Veppo Vetta with a clear tank system. This worked beautifully for a while, but eventually things started leaking a breaking. I now have to frequently wipe the battery clean of spilled e-liquid. And, for some reason (I think it's because of the spilled liquid) some of the batteries won't charge. They have amazing customer service, in the replacing of stuff and all, but a truly good product shouldn't break enough to know how good the customer service is. Also, from recent research, I realized I grossly overpaid. So with all that said, I think I might get a new set up. I have seen a lot of my friends with eGo clear tank models, but online I can't seem to find anything like they have. The clear tanks are similar to those used by veppo. I would love some guidance as to what kind of tank system I could use. An outline of what I'm looking for: a tank system with a relatively large (2-3ml maybe?), I want a powerful battery (1000+ mAh?). Also I like the idea of the variable voltage and the pass through. I also don't want to drop a whole lot of money, but I want something that is high quality and won't constantly fail on me, with backup parts if necessary. Please help? :)

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
What are the replaceable head things? Are those the "wicks"? And what do the different options of resistance do? And should I get any spares. Also are there any good competitors to check out as well?

There coil heads. My recommendation(and I'm no expert) would be the 2.4 to start with. From there you can decide to go up or down depending on how it works for you.

Spares are always a good thing. My current setup uses 1.5ohm duel coil cartomizers and I replace it once a week. I've seen posts of people getting anywhere from 4 days to 4 weeks out of 1. I change mine weekly whether it's needed or not.

Everyone preaches spares. Spare batteries, spare coils, cartomizers, etc. Whatever you use always have spares. Nothing worse than running out and having to wait when the urge hits you.

supergerbil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Elk Grove, CA
Here is a video that may help. PBusardo is an awesome reviewer and a wealth of knowledge in general.

As far as the heads go; the head (on a vivi style tank/clearo) contains the wicks and the heating coil. This allows you to replace only the head and and not the entire tank/clearo. It also allows you to change resistances which is good for fine tuning your vape on one device or for switching between say a Lavatube and an ego. See chart below.

unled66.jpg

I usually keep about 10-20 spare heads for my Vivis and and couple for my v3 visions and Kangers. ALWAYS have spares; its one of the cardinal rules of vaping.

I've been chatting on the IRC for past couple of days and a lot of people have been recommending the ego twist, I looked into it all and I am planning on getting 2 650 ego twist batts to replace my dieing 510 magma and a couple of kanger t3s clearomizers, IMO you can put together a pretty nice kit for 100-125$ (in my case i cant afford that ATM so i'm going with a 40-60$ kit)

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I've been chatting on the IRC for past couple of days and a lot of people have been recommending the ego twist, I looked into it all and I am planning on getting 2 650 ego twist batts to replace my dieing 510 magma and a couple of kanger t3s clearomizers, IMO you can put together a pretty nice kit for 100-125$ (in my case i cant afford that ATM so i'm going with a 40-60$ kit)

Just remember the smaller battery will give you less vape time per battery. I personally like bigger batteries.

supergerbil, thanks for the video I think i learned something.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Are there any other good setups that people like? And does anyone prefer the veppo vetta?

My current setup is a Volcano Inferno. Aside from cig-a-likes it is my first setup. I'm waiting for another that should be here in a couple days. I've never seen, used or even heard of veppo vetta but I'll look into it. I'm always looking for new and interesting devices.

supergerbil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Elk Grove, CA

supergerbil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Elk Grove, CA
This one I mean
20130111_193724.jpg

Ive got a Kgo (slightly better ego) a Kgo VV and an eGo twist. The spinner is an upgraded twist and many people on here prefer the spinners.

I would also recommend looking into a vivi nova, mini vivi, or a Kanger T3 clearo. Juice delivery is a personal preference but for me I prefer clearos and wick tanks.

Here is a great video about clearos:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread