Not having the extreme cravings for nic I used to have

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallucinoJEN

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
I've been vaping exclusively for a little over a month now, and I noticed in the morning, I don't have that "extreme" craving for nic anymore. It's more like the craving I have for coffee. When I smoked analogs, I almost felt like a drug addict who needed that fix to get through the day. I've stepped down from 24 mgs to 18 mgs of nic now. I vape to satisfy the hand to mouth motion and have fun with the vapor. :vapor:

Jen

DCB305

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Florida
At about the month mark I experienced the same thing. I used to wake up and have a smoke then get ready for the day then head out and smoke on the way. Now I forget to vape sometimes until I get in the office and start working. When I initially started vaping I was at about 6-7ml's a day now maybe 3 ml's and I can go without much easier and for a longer duration. Congrats, that's great to hear.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Congrats on 1 month Jen. Yes I also noticed the craving for nicotine isn't as strong as when I was smoking. Sometimes I get busy with a project and go for a couple hours before realizing "a vape would be nice". A few months ago I began going out on short trips because I was afraid vaping was almost as much a yoke around my neck as smoking. It now really feels great that I can function much longer without the need for nic. There's also the alkaloids in tobacco to consider. In a clinical trial they gave rats nicotine and when they felt they were addicted cut them off but left a bowl for them to self medicate. The rats did NOT self medicate. They then added the alkaloids to the nicotine until they believed the rats were addicted. Again placed a bowl of the nicotine with the alkaloids and lo and behold the rats immediately began self medicating. The researchers concluded that the alkaloids were far more addictive than nicotine and the alkaloids actually "magnified" the addictive nature of the nicotine.

Last edited:

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Congrats on 1 month Jen. Yes I also noticed the craving for nicotine isn't as strong as when I was smoking. Sometimes I get busy with a project and go for a couple hours before realizing "a vape would be nice". A few months ago I began going out on short trips because I was afraid vaping was almost as much a yoke around my neck as smoking. It now really feels great that I can function much longer without the need for nic. There's also the alkaloids in tobacco to consider. In a clinical trial they gave rats nicotine and when they felt they were addicted cut them off but left a bowl for them to self medicate. rats did NOT self medicate. They then added the alkaloids to the nicotine until they believed the rats were addicted. Again placed a bowl of the nicotine with the alkaloids and lo and behold the rats immediately began self medicating. The researchers concluded that the alkaloids were far more addictive than nicotine and the alkaloids actually "magnified" the addictive nature of the nicotine.

+1 for good advice, may the additive world take notice, give me what is asked for and do not poison me with things that are not stated.

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
Agreed. I also experienced a fair bit of withdrawel when I started vaping despite 24mg nic and many times overdoing it. I attribute that to the alkaloids (sp?). Now that I'm clear of it, I have reduced my nic to a much more comfortable 16-18 mg and any long periods without vaping also just.produce a "a vape would be nice" effect. So much nicer than OMG I *need* a smoke! Lol

hallucinoJEN

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Thanks for the congrats, everyone! Vaping has really shown how much more addictive nic can be when BT puts all of the additives in analogs to keep people hooked. Now, I vape to enjoy the flavor of the juice, when I'm bored, or in social situations. I LOVE the looks I get when I use a tube mod to vape on!!!!

Happy vaping,
Jen :vapor:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I've been vaping exclusively for a little over a month now, and I noticed in the morning, I don't have that "extreme" craving for nic anymore. It's more like the craving I have for coffee. When I smoked analogs, I almost felt like a drug addict who needed that fix to get through the day. I've stepped down from 24 mgs to 18 mgs of nic now. I vape to satisfy the hand to mouth motion and have fun with the vapor. :vapor:

Jen

Hmmmmm... I still crave it in the morning....Must be the 36mg I use, I am trying to come down a bit...Just ordered some 30mg...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread