HELP...still crave cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Getting to know another vaper helped me a lot in getting started. I have asked people that are vaping and started a conversation. My wife and I were walking into a supermarket and a young guy was sitting outside vaping. I talked to that guy the entire time she was in the market. I find vapers helpful.

Writing down terms and learning them really helped me.

Tobacco companies want it as easy as possible for us to smoke. vaping is not quite thwt simple. But, the rewards are...enjoyable and healthy.

Good luck!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I was also at 2-3 PAD and it took me over 6 months to loose the desire/craving for ciggies. I found my perfect ( for me) juice at Heathers Heavenly Vapes... Pirates Booty 36 nic 100VG with a double shot of flavor... since Ive been vaping that, my desire for ciggies is at a absolute minimum. I do on occasion have a ciggie when Im drinking beer and not quite yet have given up the morning coffie/ciggie... but Im not smoking the other 58 per day, thats the important part of it all :)
and my coughing episodes no longer occur, I dont wheeze anymore when sleeping and I can smell things again ( sometimes not a good thing ... especially after the dog has eaten that funky salmon dog food the wifey makes for it)

hang in there... there is a light at the end of this long tunnel :)

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Everyone's vape journey is different. Some great advice here in this thread, but it will take some experimenting for you to figure out what works for you. As you learn more, you'll have different questions, and ECF will be here to help you out.

Hang in there - it does get easier!

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
I smoked up to 2 1/2 packs a day , probably about 60-70 smokes a day.
That's 3 1/2 PAD actually
I would REALLY like to hear from some real heavily addicted individuals like myself.
That's me.
To anyone ,who sees a little bit of themselves in me,
I do :(. I still struggle with my morning & after meal smokes. I have a strong mental association between coffee and cigs.
I try to limit myself to 1 analog per hour, but even when vaping my head off, all I can think of is for the hour to come to have a real cigarette.
You're setting yourself up for the trap. Wrong strategy I guess. 50% less cigs is a good job anyway.
You got some good advice above. Raise nicotine, upgrade your setup, keep a spare setup with higher nicotine for the worst cravings or try unflavored, WTA or NET. But I highly suspect you're not really enjoying your vape. Try to find flavors you'll enjoy. Tobacco flavors are really good to curb the cravings. But I find it really tough to come by a good tobacco flavor. It's much easier to find a good fruit or drink juice. If all this does not do it for you, then you can look into other measures of THR to supplement vaping (gum, patch, snus ...etc)
Above all, you need will power and motivation. Keep reading people's stories here at ECF. I find them really inspiring.
GL to you and me

Reactions: KattMamma

PaulyWally

Jun 5, 2015
Texas
I'm a 60 yo man, and I smoked up to 2 1/2 packs a day , probably about 60-70 smokes a day. I could be a poster boy for a nicotine addicted man. It costed me about $900 a month ( no-name brand) and coughed so hard in the morning ,I thought I would die. Anyway ,though I appreciate input from anyone ,I would REALLY like to hear from some real heavily addicted individuals like myself. I bought a kanger emow ECIG and have cut down to about a pack a day,vaping 18 mg eliquid. The problem is I still really crave analog cigs. I try to limit myself to 1 analog per hour, but even when vaping my head off, all I can think of is for the hour to come to have a real cigarette. I've been vaping about 2 months now, 18 mg ejuice. I started to think there was something other than nicotine in analogs that im addicted to ,that I'm not getting vaping? To anyone ,who sees a little bit of themselves in me, do you think I should start vaping at 24-36 mgs? That seems pretty high, but I'll never quit analogs still craving analogs like i do.

I was in a similar situation as yours, Dwittick. Using gas station ecigs and still smoking just as much as I always did. Then I went into a good vape shop and explained my situation to the guy behind the counter. He told me that obviously the ecigs were not giving me what I needed. He set me up with a similar set up to yours but got me on a tobacco flavored 36mg juice. Man that was a rough vape but before I knew it I was vaping more than smoking. The real turning point was when I started to notice just how nasty analogs tasted and smelled. Next 30ml bottle of juice I got was was at a lower nic strength and soon I was going lower and lower.

My humble advice to you is take the money you spend on a couple of cartons of cigs and visit a good local vape shop that is interested in getting and keeping people off of analogs. Don't be embarrassed to tell them your story. A good shop will get you set up with the equipment and juice that you need.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Dwittick.. I was a heavy smoker.. 2 - 2 1/2 packs a day. I even woke up in the night to smoke. Had one hanging out of my mouth all the time. Never without my pack and lighter.Bought a carton of Winston Ultra Light 100's every 5 days.Got a Kanger Evod on May 12th because my sisters-in law were here visiting and we were taking them on a long car trip.I knew I would go stark raving mad and kill someone if I couldn't smoke in the car and they hate smoking.On the way to pick them up at their hotel, I ran in a little vape shop that had just opened and had them set me up asap. Started vaping the minute I got back in the car. Haven't had an analog ciggie since. I had a full pack in the drawer and on day 3, I lit one up. Got so dizzy after 2 drags I nearly fell over. That was it. Washed and put away all my ash trays because they smelled so bad. All of my doctors told me time and again I would die from smoking and I still couldn't quit. My blood pressure was so bad, I thought my BP monitor was defective. It wasn't.. it just couldn't go high enough to give me a reading.(299/125) I was petrified I would have a stroke even though I am on 6 BP meds a day.. and yet I still couldn't quit. I didn't want to quit and nothing would make me quit.As long as I can Vape, I will never go back to the stinkies.. I feel so much better, If I can do it.. you can, too. I promise.I'm using 18mg and only really like tobacco flavors. I went out and got a Kanger EMOW in case something on my Evod breaks. Probably will move on up as time goes by. Give the 24 mg a try.. Your cough will be gone.
Congratulations, birdy, and welcome to ECF!

Reactions: PaulyWally

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
A bind that I got in about a month in is that I was really craving cigarettes but found, once I allowed myself to have one, that it tasted so bad I couldn't bear to smoke it but I still craved it. Next time, after weeks of terrible cravings, I forced myself to smoke a whole cigarette. It did taste bad, but not as bad as it had previously as I continued to smoke it. I got scared, thinking I could revert back to smoking a lot. Somehow, those horrible cravings have let up, and I rarely think about smoking now. This isn't helpful except as an example of how the cravings can/do and will let up if you mostly vape and only allow yourself to smoke if you're really going crazy for one. Best of luck to all of us in the early stages of trying to quit smoking.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
I just pickup my first ecigarette about 3 hours a go so far so good. I do not know how to post so I figured I would start here.
Well I Di not see this. So hello I am Allison, just started vaping about 3 hours a go well about 4 now LOL

Welcome and hello!

You guys have found a great place for info and support. I have come to spend soooo much time here!! ECF is turning into my second home after a very short time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread