HELP...still crave cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwittick

Jun 6, 2015
I'm a 60 yo man, and I smoked up to 2 1/2 packs a day , probably about 60-70 smokes a day. I could be a poster boy for a nicotine addicted man. It costed me about $900 a month ( no-name brand) and coughed so hard in the morning ,I thought I would die. Anyway ,though I appreciate input from anyone ,I would REALLY like to hear from some real heavily addicted individuals like myself. I bought a kanger emow ECIG and have cut down to about a pack a day,vaping 18 mg eliquid. The problem is I still really crave analog cigs. I try to limit myself to 1 analog per hour, but even when vaping my head off, all I can think of is for the hour to come to have a real cigarette. I've been vaping about 2 months now, 18 mg ejuice. I started to think there was something other than nicotine in analogs that im addicted to ,that I'm not getting vaping? To anyone ,who sees a little bit of themselves in me, do you think I should start vaping at 24-36 mgs? That seems pretty high, but I'll never quit analogs still craving analogs like i do.

Reactions: salemgold

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm a 60 yo man, and I smoked up to 2 1/2 packs a day , probably about 60-70 smokes a day. I could be a poster boy for a nicotine addicted man. It costed me about $900 a month ( no-name brand) and coughed so hard in the morning ,I thought I would die. Anyway ,though I appreciate input from anyone ,I would REALLY like to hear from some real heavily addicted individuals like myself. I bought a kanger emow ECIG and have cut down to about a pack a day,vaping 18 mg eliquid. The problem is I still really crave analog cigs. I try to limit myself to 1 analog per hour, but even when vaping my head off, all I can think of is for the hour to come to have a real cigarette. I've been vaping about 2 months now, 18 mg ejuice. I started to think there was something other than nicotine in analogs that im addicted to ,that I'm not getting vaping? To anyone ,who sees a little bit of themselves in me, do you think I should start vaping at 24-36 mgs? That seems pretty high, but I'll never quit analogs still craving analogs like i do.

You could definitely try 24mg and see if that helps any.

Otherwise, you could be right; some people are more dependent than others on all the other alkaloids -- I can't vape over 10mg, but even vaping as much as I possibly could, I still had terrible cravings. My suggestion would be WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids); it's 95% nicotine, but also provides the other tobacco alkaloids, anabasine,anatabine, and nornicotine; there's some dispute about whether WTA also contains MAOIs; I tend to think it does, but I have no factual info. What I do know for sure is that WTA completely removed the horrible cravings, using it as only 10% of my ejuice -- but I've heard that some vape the 24mg WTA "straight" rather than just mixing it into their ejuice.

I recommend wholecig.com - that link goes to their unflavored, but they also have tobacco flavored, and Kiss of Sweet. Theirs is much cheaper than aromaejuice.com, but of a similar clarity and purity.

Hope that helps! Welcome to ECF!! :thumb:

Andria

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I was never a heavy smoker or now vape that much...
In the UK, we have a famous reviewer and e-cig advocate who vaped 36mg liquid to get himself off 60 cigs a day. He always claimed he wouldn't drop down to 24mg but recently the power of vaping devices has increased a great deal. The EMOW is a nice e-cig, but in the 'starter' catagory. He would certainly be vaping 36mg in something like that.
I think you should consider stronger liquid, but, as I said, I cannot say from personal experience.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello Dwittick :)

I also used to smoke, on average, 2 & a half packs a day. (I'm also a similar age to you & also used to cough so badly most of the time).

I started off with a ciggie lookalike as that was more or less all that was available 7 years ago. That helped me cut down, but not give up.

I also think you need a higher strength juice & a a more powerful e-cig.

Dwittick

Jun 6, 2015
Hello Dwittick :)

I also used to smoke, on average, 2 & a half packs a day. (I'm also a similar age to you & also used to cough so badly most of the time).

I started off with a ciggie lookalike as that was more or less all that was available 7 years ago. That helped me cut down, but not give up.

I also think you need a higher strength juice & a a more powerful e-cig.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks, I'm new to the vape world,what kind of ECIG would you suggest? I'm from winnipeg canada(just mentioning this if certain ecigs aren't available here)

Being in the UK, I'm not sure what is available to you in Canada. But anything with either a variable voltage or wattage would be a good start.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I'd say bump the nicotine up. My dad was 2 packs a day and 18mg worked for him. He's at 11 weeks with no cigarettes. I also know with my dad flavored juices was disgusting to him. He'd rather smoke than vape a flavor out there. I started making him unflavored, which as he says it is "The closest thing to a marlboro light". Doesn't gunk coils up, no scents, all is good in his mind with it. He's also using an iStick 50w and subtank, so when he lung inhales 3-4 seconds he feels better and doesn't crave cigarettes.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Yeah, try upping the nic to 24mg and see if that helps.

I had some serious cravings after coming off the Swisher Cigarillos that I was inhaling. I was using 18mg at the time. I upped it to 24mg and it helped a lot. I use 18mg most of the time now and lower if I'm vaping from a low ohm RDA.

If that doesn't work, try WTA as AndriaD suggested. I think it's more expensive but worth it for your health.

Alsion

Jun 6, 2015
Florida

I just pickup my first ecigarette about 3 hours a go so far so good. I do not know how to post so I figured I would start here.

Alsion

Jun 6, 2015
Florida
Yeah, try upping the nic to 24mg and see if that helps.

I had some serious cravings after coming off the Swisher Cigarillos that I was inhaling. I was using 18mg at the time. I upped it to 24mg and it helped a lot. I use 18mg most of the time now and lower if I'm vaping from a low ohm RDA.

If that doesn't work, try WTA as AndriaD suggested. I think it's more expensive but worth it for your health.
Hello gandymarsh how do I get that banner you have saying how long I have not had a cigarette?
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread