Not open for further replies.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Good morning!

Thanks for the coffee Fran!!

Oh goodness, that was an awful thing to witness Jerry! I’m sorry you had to see that. :(

Thanks Tracy.

I forgot to say that it was 25 years ago LOL.... Jerry we lived in a quiet neighborhood and there was mostly just neighbors on our street..... That had to be scary as hell Jerry !!!

I was more angry than scared, Wharf.

I was a teenager when that happened but I will never forget it. It happened after dark, but they must have known that they hit something, or someone, yet no one stopped they just kept on going.
My friend who also was my next door neighbor was extremely distraught. When the cop arrived, he told me to take my friend out of there. We left and then we heard the shot. We took a different route to go home.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I might add that what happened a few years later was a heck of a lot more frightening. Another friend and I were pinned down by a nut with a high powered rifle. The sound of bullets whizzing past me, is a sound that I will never forget. He was finally caught and hopefully put away for a long time.

This is a quiet neighborhood, no problems, no trouble. But occasionally they empty the asylums, I guess. LOL

There's another story that I didn't witness, but I saw the aftermath. There was a shootout, right in front of the police station. A 19 year old girl was killed, two cops wounded and the killer was shot in the head, but he survived. The next day I was walking past the spot where it all happened and I won't go into details, but there was evidence of the shoot out, all over the place.

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Chopper whose pic is circulating on FB ATM was marking up the new wicker furniture on my screened in deck...I pushed him off balance with my foot and HellYeah....I got nailed....He did it before he realized what he was doing....The look he gave though....I let him pass and got out the alcohol...Spike gets comatose with his sleep in my lap....Wake him gently or be quick to get out of the way....Just saying'.....He's comatose ATM....

Old neighbor got a new rifle....Set himself up a shooting range....I was cutting firewood down in the swamp and heard the rifle cracking over the saw....Cut the saw off for a minute and heard the eerie sound of bullets flying by...I got behind the nearest tree and hollered...HellYeah a bullet smacked a nearby tree before he heard me...Pretty much in a rage with 40 in an AK 47 nearby I let him know how that felt...All 40 went well over his head....Sometimes I'll tell Ya'll about the day he set the swamp afire and it burned all the way too the foundation of my house....

Then there was the time I got the free vacation when I worked for Jorge Jung....I'd met this dude who said he was an Outlaw and had killed two Hell's Angels who had intended on killing him...Well OK....I was playing basketball with a group of guys and the Outlaw was writing a letter and guarding a pack of my Marlboro Lights sitting on a round concrete picnic table...I saw two big bikers walking around the perimeter of the court....next thing I know ALARMS !!! All I know is someone slashed the Outlaw's throat...His next stop was the graveyard and there was blood everywhere....I retrieved my cigs though...Then the ding dang guards questioned all of us...After seeing all that.....Pretty dang sure no one saw anything...I know damn well I didn't...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Me either, Fran!

Speaking of free vacations...the ex got another 5 years for the felony reckless burning. Will serve 9 months, the rest of the 5 suspended, + 3 years probation. He's back in Osborn Correctional until Oct.

(I know, Fran...but I can't help when information lands in my lap!)

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Chopper whose pic is circulating on FB ATM was marking up the new wicker furniture on my screened in deck...I pushed him off balance with my foot and HellYeah....I got nailed....He did it before he realized what he was doing....The look he gave though....I let him pass and got out the alcohol...Spike gets comatose with his sleep in my lap....Wake him gently or be quick to get out of the way....Just saying'.....He's comatose ATM....

Old neighbor got a new rifle....Set himself up a shooting range....I was cutting firewood down in the swamp and heard the rifle cracking over the saw....Cut the saw off for a minute and heard the eerie sound of bullets flying by...I got behind the nearest tree and hollered...HellYeah a bullet smacked a nearby tree before he heard me...Pretty much in a rage with 40 in an AK 47 nearby I let him know how that felt...All 40 went well over his head....Sometimes I'll tell Ya'll about the day he set the swamp afire and it burned all the way too the foundation of my house....

Then there was the time I got the free vacation when I worked for Jorge Jung....I'd met this dude who said he was an Outlaw and had killed two Hell's Angels who had intended on killing him...Well OK....I was playing basketball with a group of guys and the Outlaw was writing a letter and guarding a pack of my Marlboro Lights sitting on a round concrete picnic table...I saw two big bikers walking around the perimeter of the court....next thing I know ALARMS !!! All I know is someone slashed the Outlaw's throat...His next stop was the graveyard and there was blood everywhere....I retrieved my cigs though...Then the ding dang guards questioned all of us...After seeing all that.....Pretty dang sure no one saw anything...I know damn well I didn't...

Nope! I didn’t see (or read) a thing either!!! :shock:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
We were at 96 + high humidity, index was definitely north of 100.

I got through my certs this past weekend, 9 newly minted divers released into the wild. It looks like I'll do a nitrox class in a few weeks, for at least 5 of them (easy, a single 3 hour class), and 3 want to do an advanced open water class (fun for me, a two hour meetup followed by 5 dives on two days, but convincing DW is an uphill battle); I'm thinking of trying for it in September.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Spent yesterday clearing out under my old tractor shelter...New tractor took the place of Mom's Accord and gonna move my 79 Bronco under the shelter to protect what it will...Carburator is buggered up on the Bronco ATM and has sat while everything else got done...Hauled 4 loads of firewood from the shelter in this heat yesterday...I've been on the lookout for a wood heater but want an old school not made in China heater...They kinda expensive and tend to be more rust than heater....I gave the wood away figuring that I would find a suitable heater if I had no wood....Mainly the old Bronco would be squeezed tight by the firewood walls of the shelter...Now it's all open and free access....Index is 105*~108* today....All the sweating yesterday will NOT be repeated today....Heat stroke is a real possibility and I felt my head start to hurt a couple of times yesterday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread