markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Low 70s in CNY, I'll take it :)

The culvert folks came out today, added a load of topsoil and erosion control matting (straw with biodegradable poly to hold it together, giving time for grass to establish on the hillside).

We'll order another 5 yards of soil from them, this time unscreened (we need some rocks), to use at camp. We're "reclaiming" :) a point on the lake, so we might not have to wade to the boat; it extends just about far enough now, time to get soil and grass established.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
That's a PITA, Tracy!

Mark, glad you got that culvert taken care of. Sounds like lots of fun work at the camp, too :)

Lost my internet again yesterday. I've discovered that I can slide a chair out and reach the router above the outside of my door and give it a hard reboot. I doubt the front desk would approve, but it got me back online ;)

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Some days....Sheesh!!!

Years back I poured a concrete base for a water hose winder....an Ames Reel Easy to be specific...added ss studs into the concrete and bolted the Ames down....worked well but Mom always winched 150 feet of hose back on and broke the handle multiple times...I fixed she broke....finally the part became unavailable as Ames discontinued the Reel Easy....I replaced it with a different type and was only able to catch one stud with the base....Mom broke the handle off that...So now I got two broke as I saved the Ames....Pulled it out yesterday to try and modify a solution and look as I may the handle has left the building....Again years ago Mom had to have an electric pressure washer....not a cheap one either...She never used it too my knowledge...It sat inside the garage for years....New but old....In the back of my mind I'd decided to use it when washing the trucks and such...It had....HAD.....a circuit breaker and a crazy cross on the plug in that I'd accommodated by switching the wall socket....still that damn circuit breaker was always tripped when plugged in....Yesterday I cut it off and added a nice regular plug....Plugged in and water attached the pump runs but no pressure...First the tip was clogged and that locked the rig down with no way to relieve the pressure....Last I saw the tip it was flying over Mom's roof when I used a hammer to hit pliers and release the pressure and tip...U Tube and some possible solutions....three hours later and full of confidence I tear into the pump....Now my only choice is try and get a pump repair kit as those valves that came out so easy on the tube are now in pieces on the bench...Everything in the pump looked fine....still no pressure....Likely there will never be pressure again....

Snake bit and a little apprehensive about trying any more repairs ATM......The grass needs cutting but do I trust the mower???????

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Well....When I got on the mower it wouldn't start....NADA....dang old parking brake wasn't set...Got the grass cut and the seedeater worked well after....Somehow that dang old pressure washer will get to humming again...Heading off to look at two things.....Cat Pump Parts and a ding dang service center if I can't get it done...The vaporizers are working rather well....Thank the Vapor Gods for that!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread